Nearly a decade after The Chronicles of Riddick, our favorite Furian warrior is finally charging back onto screens this fall with Riddick. Star Vin Diesel revealed the first peek at the new adventure a couple months back, by way of a 22-second teaser, but now there’s a meatier full-length trailer to sink our teeth into. Check it out, along with a new teaser poster and images, after the jump.
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, March 22nd, 2013 by Angie Han
It took Vin Diesel and David Twohy years to get their third Chronicles of Riddick movie off the ground, but their perseverance has paid off. As of today, we’re just months away from the release of Riddick, which sees the titular hero stranded on an apparently abandoned planet with bounty hunters clamoring for his head. The first trailer has just hit the web, and you can check it out after the jump.
Sequel Bits: ‘Anchorman 2,’ ‘Wreck-It Ralph 2,’ ‘Star Trek Into Darkness,’ ‘Riddick,’ ’300: Rise Of An Empire’ and ‘Resident Evil 6′
Posted on Monday, March 4th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Stay Classy…Atlanta? That’s where Anchorman: The Legend Continues is now shooting. Below, you can hear Steve Carell talking about it and even see some set photos of Will Ferrell and Christina Applegate. But that’s not all. After the jump, also read about the follow sequel bits:
- Wreck-It Ralph director Rich Moore spitballs a few ideas for a sequel.
- Vin Diesel posted a new photo from the upcoming Riddick.
- The logo for 300: Rise of an Empire has been revealed.
- Sony sets a release date for Resident Evil 6.
- Comedian Ben Schwartz jokes about doing ADR on Star Trek Into Darkness…
- …while composer Michael Giacchino tweets a photo of recording the score to J.J. Abrams’ film.
The Hangover Part III may feature a whole new plotline, but based on these new stills the wolf pack still looks exactly the same. Also after the jump:
- Dwayne Johnson is pumped for Fast & Furious 6
- The latest Star Trek comic drops still more hints
- The Allspark might resurface in Transformers 4
- Stephenie Meyer wants The Host to be a trilogy
- Producer says there have been no Mama 2 talks
- The Best Man sequel has a real title now
- The first Cloudy 2 trailer will debut this week
- Riddick takes the throne in a new photo
One thing’s for sure about Benedict Cumberbatch‘s “John Harrison”: He definitely has the evil villain voice down. No wonder Paramount is using his “you think your world is safe…” line for everything from TV promos to motion posters. Also after the jump:
- Jessica Alba didn’t think a Sin City sequel would happen
- Director David Twohy is pleased about Riddick‘s R rating
- Guillermo del Toro is already working on Pacific Rim 2
- Rupert Wyatt reveals the real (if vague) reason he left Apes
- Find out how to be an extra on Apes and/or Anchorman 2
- Zachary Quinto talks tackling the iconic character of Spock
- Star Trek Into Darkness reveals some nice high-res pics
Posted on Monday, February 11th, 2013 by Russ Fischer
Tommy Wirkola‘s first US film, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, was no critical fave, but it has done over $100m worldwide so far. Now Wirkola is heading back to Norway to make a sequel to his breakout film, Dead Snow. The new one is Dead Snow: War of the Dead, which will follow “the sole survivor of a Nazi zombie attack who battles an even larger army of Zombies with the help of the Zombie Squad, a professional gang of zombie killers from the US.”
The movie will be released in English and Norwegian versions, says ScreenDaily, and the film should shoot later this year. Wirkola said, “We have a script that I am super excited about, which is bigger, scarier, funnier, more action-filled and gorier than the previous one, and I can’t wait to unleash another horde of undead Nazi zombies onto the world again.”
After the break, you’ll find the following:
- The Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy sequel Smiley’s Game moves forward,
- Transformers visual effects supervisor returns for Transformers 4,
- Rambo V and The Expendables 3 in the works at the European Film Market,
- Rooney Mara denies that Daniel Craig will be cut from The Girl Who Played With Fire,
- Summit debuts a new Red 2 poster,
- and shots appear from Insidious 2 and Riddick.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner now, and you know what that means: Fox is ramping up their marketing efforts for their big romantic holiday release, A Good Day to Die Hard. Also after the jump:
- The Muppets… Again will feature old songs along with new ones
- Writer Scott Z. Burns discusses Apes and Blade Runner 2
- Rich Moore and his stars are totally up for more Wreck-It Ralph
- Enroll in Starfleet Academy with the Star Trek Into Darkness app
- Chris Pine will kidnap J.J. Abrams for Star Trek 3 if he has to
- Riddick is back out in the rain in the newest still from Vin Diesel
- The Last Exorcism Part II unveils a new TV spot and a poster
- A Good Day to Die Hard will run about 90 minutes…
- … one of which you can watch right here…
- … along with a featurette that offers more plot
Sequel Bits: ‘Monsters University’, ‘G.I. Joe: Retaliation’, ‘The Hangover Part III’, ‘The Legend of Conan’, ‘Riddick’, ‘Sin City: A Dame to Kill For’
Posted on Tuesday, January 29th, 2013 by Angie Han
Whether your idea of fun is G-rated college kids or hard-R strippers, there’s something in today’s Sequel Bits for you. After the jump:
- Jessica Alba promises to do more dancing in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- … while Robert Rodrigez comments on Dennis Haysbert replacing Michael Clarke Duncan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger explains why his age won’t be an issue in The Legend of Conan
- Screenwriter Craig Mazin talks about weathering criticism for The Hangover Part II
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation will be digitally remastered for a one-week IMAX 3D release
- See some cute international posters and a new setting for Monsters University
- Vin Diesel and Karl Urban face off once again in the newest Riddick still