It took a long time for Riddick to make it to the big screen. The sequel that followed Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick wasn’t exactly a runaway hit, pulling in $98 million worldwide. But it did that on a budget of $38 million, and the sci-fi franchise starring Vin Diesel has quite the cult following that made it the #1 movie on the home video charts when it was released back in January of 2014. That prompted Universal to tell the actor that they wanted to make another sequel, and now that’s finally happening. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, January 28th, 2014 by Angie Han
Riddick had a long, hard road to the big screen. The Chronicles of Riddick‘s poor box office performance left the very idea of a sequel in doubt, leaving Riddick stuck in development hell for a long, long time. Then, even once production got underway, they were hit by troubles.
Still, Vin Diesel and David Twohy refused to give up, and last year they were finally able to release the next chapter of their interplanetary saga. The film performed decently in theaters, but is apparently doing great on DVD. So much so, Diesel says, that Universal is eager to develop a sequel. Hit the jump to watch his announcement, complete with dancing and lip-synching to Katy Perry and Beyoncé. (Really.)
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 29th, 2013 by Angie Han
How can you get “The Ultimate Insidious Experience”? Find out after the jump. Also:
- Daniel Craig wants more “irony” in Bond 24
- How did Shaun of the Dead inspire The World’s End?
- The Scorpion King 4 is a thing that is happening
- The new Transformers 4 logo has claw marks
- Toys R Us is ready for the influx of Dinobots toys
- Vin Diesel flirts and fights in new clips from Riddick
Read More »
Next week, Vin Diesel is back as everyone’s favorite night-visioned, ass-kicking sci-fi star Riddick. It’s a sequel almost 10 years in the making that was willed to the big screen by the star, its director David Twohy, and the fans.
A movie like that deserves to be seen in the IMAX format. Universal gives fans that option come September 6 when Riddick opens everywhere. These days an IMAX debut means an exclusive poster for fans who attend the first showings and we’re proud to exclusively debut the FanFix poster for Riddick. It’s by artist Alex Fuentes and will available at 8 p.m. IMAX screenings on September 5. Check it out below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 20th, 2013 by Angie Han
The food puns keep on coming in a new batch of posters from Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2. Also after the jump:
- Director Scott Derrickson will return for Sinister 2 in some capacity
- Keri Russell offers more Dawn of the Planet of the Apes plot details
- The Conjuring 2 won’t be about Amityville, unless Patrick Wilson is lying
- Vin Diesel and David Twohy consider where the Riddick series will go next
- The Farrelly Bros. announce a contest for a Dumb and Dumber To role
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 flies up one week on Fox’s release calendar
- Food puns abound on new Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 posters
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, August 2nd, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s been nearly a decade since Chronicles of Riddick hit theaters, but surely you knew better than to bet against this fearsome Furyan warrior. Vin Diesel and his shiny eyes are back again in Riddick, the sequel coming to theaters this fall.
The new film sees our intrepid hero stranded on a desolate planet which unfortunately happens to be populated by deadly predators. His only shot at survival is to activate a beacon signaling dangerous bounty hunters to his location — and hope that they don’t kill him before the monsters do. Katee Sackhoff, Bokeem Woodbine, Jordi Mollà, Dave Bautista, Nolan Funk, and Karl Urban also star. Watch the latest trailer after the jump.
Read More »
David Twohy, Vin Diesel, and Katee Sackhoff took the stage in Hall H at Comic Con today to discuss Riddick, and to premiere a new extended red-band trailer for the film. We’ll have more on the content of their talk shortly, but for now you can see the trailer after the break. Read More »
Posted on Monday, June 24th, 2013 by Angie Han
Feast your eyes on posters for Riddick, Planes, and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters in today’s Sequel Bits. Also after the jump:
- Brad Pitt thinks a World War Z sequel has potential
- Jerry Bruckheimer talks Pirates 5 and Top Gun 2
- Don’t believe those Transformers 4 title rumors, says Michael Bay
- Jason Statham is “really excited” about Fast & Furious 7
- Stephen King is too scared to write an It sequel
- … but you can see the book trailer for The Shining sequel now
Read More »
Posted on Monday, June 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
Pitch Black came out in 2000, one year before The Fast and the Furious. But while the latter has since spawned five sequels, the former is only now preparing to put its second sequel in theaters. Still, better late than never, right?
Directed by David Twohy, Riddick once again stars Vin Diesel as the Furian warrior introduced in Pitch Black. Left for dead on a desolate planet, he soon finds himself fighting off both vicious alien predators and ruthless bounty hunters (played by the likes of Katee Sackhoff, Jordi Mollà, and Bokeem Woodbine). We’ve already gotten a taste of the film thanks to a domestic trailer and teaser, but the new international promo packs in some new footage.
There’s also a new Comic Con poster for the film, straight from the star. Check out both after the jump.
Read More »