Posted on Monday, March 12th, 2012 by Angie Han
We’ve got some quick hits on the sci-fi action-adventure sequel front today, including:
- Bruce Boxleitner’s prediction on when TRON 3 will get going
- Vin Diesel’s snapshots from the Riddick set
- Sony’s just announced release date for the Robocop remake
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Lots of Star Trek 2 and even a few other films are all part of the latest Sequel Bits. After the jump, read about the following:
- What did J.J. Abrams think of the Star Trek 2 photo leaks and what did Zachary Quinto have to say about the scene?
- Michael Giacchino confirms he’ll be back to score Star Trek 2.
- Even more set photos from the set of the sci-fi sequel.
- Zoe Saldana comments on the status of Avatar 2.
- Director Chris Renaud discusses what we can expect in Despicable Me 2.
- Two new photos of Vin Diesel on the set of Riddick.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, September 26th, 2011 by Angie Han
Real Steel 2, Resident Evil: Retribution, and Riddick are in completely different stages of development at this point, but they all have one thing in common: Everyone wants to return for them. (Well, that and the fact that they all start with the letter R.) After the jump, read about the following:
- Shawn Levy and Hugh Jackman are confirmed for Real Steel 2 — a week and a half before Real Steel 1 has even hit theaters.
- Michelle Rodriguez becomes the latest former Resident Evil star to board the upcoming fifth installment.
- Karl Urban agrees to reprise his role for the long-gestating Riddick.
Read More »
Vin Diesel‘s prediction was apparently only a few months off. Earlier this year, the Fast Five star said he and writer/director David Twohy could start shooting a new Riddick movie as early as this summer. Summer is almost over and while shooting hasn’t begun, it seems that casting has.
According to Moviehole, casting has now begun on the film simply called Riddick, which will be a direct sequel to Pitch Black with only minor references to The Chronicles of Riddick. In the film Riddick’s character “seems to have gotten a welcome, kick-ass overhaul….he’s more brutal, bad-ass and virile than he was in the previous films.” Read a bit more about the characters that are being cast and the possible plot after the jump. Read More »
The teasing little updates on David Twohy and Vin Diesel‘s third movie featuring the sci-fi antihero Riddick are certainly coming along with greater frequency. Does that mean the movie is any closer to getting made? Not so far as we know, but for those interested it is certainly the best piece of concept art to date.
For the past couple years the duo have talked about making Riddick, which would continue the story begun in Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick. Not long ago Vin Diesel said they might shoot the film this summer, and David Twohy has exhorted fans to continue their vocal support for the project, in the hopes that Universal would say yes. We don’t have word of a green light yet, but Vin Diesel has posted a new piece of concept art, which you can see in full below. Read More »