Posted on Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 by Angie Han
In this edition, everyone has an opinion on Episode VII. After the jump:
- No, Simon Pegg does not have a role in Episode VII yet
- William Shatner calls J.J. Abrams “a pig” for booking Star Wars
- The new issue of Wired pays tribute to the beloved sci-fi franchise
- Damon Lindelof, Jane Espenson, Carlton Cuse, and Rian Johnson weigh in
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Normally if the ground shakes in Los Angeles, it’s an earthquake. Saturday night, any shaking was likely a result of giant robots and giant monsters squaring off on screen.
Guillermo Del Toro‘s July 11 release, Pacific Rim, had a early test screening in Burbank, CA Saturday night and the buzz is extremely positive. Looper director Rian Johnson praised the film along with several others who took to Twitter and message boards to give reactions. It seems Del Toro has at least met, and possibly exceeded the gargantuan expectations for the film. Read the reactions – and see some brand new images – after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Monday, February 4th, 2013 by Angie Han
While it was anyone’s guess who’d win the Super Bowl last night, the movie awards ceremonies this weekend were more predictable. Argo continued its steamroll through awards season, picking up a DGA award for Ben Affleck to go with the film’s earlier PGA, SAG, and Globes victories, while PGA winner Wreck-It Ralph took the top prize at the Annies.
Oscar favorites Searching for Sugar Man and Paperman also proved popular on the movie front, as did Jay Roach, Rian Johnson, and Lena Dunham in the small-screen world. Hit the jump to read the winners.
Read More »
If you’re sitting at work and looking for something fun, interesting and film-related to listen to, Kevin Smith‘s Smodcast has the answer. In his latest episode, the director of Clerks, Chasing Amy and Red State chatted with Looper, Brick and Brothers Bloom director Rian Johnson. The directors talked for four hours, the first two of which have just been released. Among the topics are Johnson’s films, including Looper, the question of which director Bruce Willis liked better, and much more.
There are few things better than getting to listen to two talented filmmakers just chatting about movies, so this is a real treat. The link’s below. Read More »
In 2012, nitpicking movies became the latest online craze. Everyone got wrapped up in it. Some may blame the movies, but I blame fans with video editing skills who make videos like the ones below.
Three of the year’s most discussed movies – Rian Johnson‘s Looper, Ridley Scott’s Prometheus and Christopher Nolan‘s The Dark Knight Rises – are the latest to get “Everything Wrong With In 3-4 Minute” videos from CinemaSins. And while the latter two are mostly warranted, the former is such a stretch, even the director spoke out about it. Check it out below. Read More »
After a day of Zack Snyder Samurai Star Wars talk, it’s back to your regularly scheduled bits. After the jump, read about the following interesting goings on in the Star Wars Universe:
- Joe Carnahan pitches two fan filmmakers as directors for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Looper director Rian Johnson comments on directing the film.
- After the White House denied us a Death Star, the Galactic Empire responds.
- Princess Leia can now fly an X-Wing Fighter.
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force is now an eBook.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, January 14th, 2013 by Angie Han
Based on the header image, can you guess who’s coming back for Breaking Bad‘s final stretch? Also after the jump:
- Sam Mendes and a Skyfall co-writer team for a Showtime project
- Rupert Wyatt gets hired for AMC’s period drama pilot Turn
- Disney XD’s Tron: Uprising desperately needs more viewers
- Check out two new stills from Arrested Development
- Could Michael Cera be angling for an Archer guest spot?
- Michelle Monaghan joins Cary Fukunaga‘s True Detective
- The CW’s Amazon and Arrow could be set in the same universe
- Dexter and Stephen King‘s Under the Dome get premiere dates
- A&E’s Bates Motel unveils five creepy new posters
- Here’s a new cast photo for Mortal Kombat: Legacy
- Watch the season premieres of Californication and Shameless
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 by Angie Han
Whether you like spiteful Philadelphians or vengeful Romans, there’s something for you here. After the jump:
- Louis CK, Bryan Cranston, and Rian Johnson score DGA noms
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia is getting its own beer
- Revolution, Political Animals, and more are coming to Netflix
- Fox’s late-night animation block will kick off this summer
- Fox’s In Living Color reboot is not going to happen
- Read one fan’s argument that it’s OK if NBC kills Community
- Is ABC’s Happy Endings in danger of getting cancelled?
- The casting search for Dexter Season 8 offers some plot hints
- Spartacus: War of the Damned has a bloody new trailer
Read More »