Posted on Wednesday, June 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
Rick Moranis isn’t locked in for Ghostbusters 3 yet, but if you’re curious where he thinks his character Louis Tully would’ve ended up, he has some ideas. Also after the jump:
- Peter Jackson discusses the extended cut An Unexpected Journey
- … and you can check out new behind-the-scenes pic from Desolation of Smaug
- Jack Horner says the most recent Jurassic Park 4 plot “didn’t pass muster”
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura has been in touch with actors about Red 3
- Aussie electronic duo Empire of the Sun will score Dumb and Dumber To
- Benjamin Bratt talks about replacing Al Pacino in Despicable Me 2
- Doug Jones is still holding out hope for a third Hellboy
- Val Kilmer‘s Heat sequel idea involves being married to Natalie Portman
- See a poster for Warwick Davis‘ (fake) proposed Willow sequel
Read More »
Briefly: We haven’t even seen Red 2, but Summit is confident enough in the film that writers Jon and Erich Hoeber have been signed to write a third. The brothers wrote the first two films, so they’re as familiar as it is possible to be with the material. Not a bad outcome for the original film based on the comic by Warren Ellis and Cully Hamner that focused on aging black ops characters being drawn back into action.
Red 2, directed by Dean Parisot (Galaxy Quest), opens on July 19, at which point we’ll see if augmenting the original cast (Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, John Malkovich and Mary-Louise Parker) with Anthony Hopkins and Catherine Zeta-Jones worked out. Based on the fact that test screenings have led to Summit hiring writers for a third, perhaps it’s all coming together a bit better than the first film did.
There’s no cast in place for a third Red film at this point, but if things turn out well for the second film when it hits this summer, production on the third could kick off as early as January 2014. [THR]