Posted on Thursday, April 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
Trailers! Who has time to watch them all? There are something like forty wide releases due out this summer alone. If you assume each trailer runs about two minutes, that’s about an hour and half of your life you’ll never get back. That’s time you could’ve spent actually watching one of these movies.
If you only watch one trailer this spring, then, you’ll want to make it this one. This three-minute supercut teases most of the season’s biggest releases, from Iron Man 3 to The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. It’s surprisingly coherent, which may suggest that these titles aren’t as different as the filmmakers would like us to think. Or maybe it just proves that with the right music and some skillful editing, you can totally change the meaning of any scene. In any case, watch it after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, March 28th, 2013 by Angie Han
That third Atlas Shrugged you didn’t ask for is on the way. Also after the jump:
- Who wants to be an extra in Captain America?
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura talks up Red 2 and Jack Ryan
- Here’s what Al Pacino will look like in Despicable Me 2
- Check out another new Star Trek Into Darkness image
- Kick-Ass 2 reveals some kick-ass character posters
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation gets an action-packed featurette
Read More »
Lionsgate made two release date changes today.
Now You See Me, which comes from director Louis Leterrier and features Jesse Eisenberg, Isla Fisher, Morgan Freeman, Woody Harrelson, Mark Ruffalo, and Michael Caine, has been pulled up from July 7 to May 31. The thriller centers around a group of illusionists who pull off heists, seemingly at the same time they’re on stage doing magic tricks. The trailer has been out for a while, and the cast is certainly appealing. Hard to tell if the movie will follow through on the great premise and talented cast. It’ll be up against narrow competition from Universal’s The Purge and a limited release of Zal batmanglij’s Sound of My Voice follow-up The East, but The Hangover Part III and Fast & Furious 6 will still be in theaters from the week before.
Another film from the studio has moved up, as well. The action/comedy sequel Red 2 was slated to open on August 2, but will now bow on July 19. Dean Parisot directed with Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Mary-Louise Parker and Helen Mirren returning and Anthony Hopkins and Catherine Zeta-Jones showing up to augment another story of retired assassins going back into action.
Tommy Wirkola‘s first US film, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, was no critical fave, but it has done over $100m worldwide so far. Now Wirkola is heading back to Norway to make a sequel to his breakout film, Dead Snow. The new one is Dead Snow: War of the Dead, which will follow “the sole survivor of a Nazi zombie attack who battles an even larger army of Zombies with the help of the Zombie Squad, a professional gang of zombie killers from the US.”
The movie will be released in English and Norwegian versions, says ScreenDaily, and the film should shoot later this year. Wirkola said, “We have a script that I am super excited about, which is bigger, scarier, funnier, more action-filled and gorier than the previous one, and I can’t wait to unleash another horde of undead Nazi zombies onto the world again.”
After the break, you’ll find the following:
- The Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy sequel Smiley’s Game moves forward,
- Transformers visual effects supervisor returns for Transformers 4,
- Rambo V and The Expendables 3 in the works at the European Film Market,
- Rooney Mara denies that Daniel Craig will be cut from The Girl Who Played With Fire,
- Summit debuts a new Red 2 poster,
- and shots appear from Insidious 2 and Riddick.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, February 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
Ah, yes, the Fast and the Furious franchise: Where a man can fly from one fancy speeding car to another in the middle of the highway while a tank wreaks havoc in the background. See that photo and more after the jump. Also:
- Jocelin Donahue is young Barbara Hershey in Insidious 2
- Helen Mirren teases some of her big action scenes for Red 2
- Yes, Rafe Spall will appear in Edgar Wright‘s The World’s End
- Benedict Cumberbatch‘s Trek character is a very modern terrorist
- Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura talks Transformers 4
- A Good Day to Die Hard unveils a Valentine’s Day-themed spot
- The gang’s all here in a fresh batch of stills from Fast & Furious 6
- See some colorful high-res images from The Muppets… Again
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, January 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
Bruce Willis has starred in many sequels over the course of his three-decade career, but in 2013 he really outdoes himself with three separate sequels and nothing else. The first of them, A Good Day to Die Hard, hits next month, followed by G.I. Joe: Retaliation in March. Bringing up the rear is Red 2, which has just unveiled a first trailer in advance of its August release.
While the first one wasn’t anything special, it was an enjoyable bit of fluff elevated by a stellar cast. Red 2 looks to be in a similar vein. Dean Parisot (Galaxy Quest) takes over directing duties this time around, while Willis, Helen Mirren, John Malkovich, and Mary-Louise Parker all reprise their roles. This time around, the gang is headed to Europe to stop a nuclear device from falling into the wrong hands. Anthony Hopkins, Catherine Zeta-Jones, David Thewlis, and Willis’ G.I. Joe co-star Byung-hun Lee also appear. Check out the video after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, December 17th, 2012 by Angie Han
Wondering what sequelized delights await us in 2013 and beyond? After the jump:
- Jackie Chan joins Expendables 3, wants to do Rush Hour 4
- Dennis Haysbert talks about replacing Michael Clarke Duncan in Sin City 2
- Mark Wahlberg calls Transformers 4 the most important role of his career
- Michael Bay says that the “leaked” Transformers 4 script is a fake
- David Wain is definitely still working on Wet Hot American Summer 2
- Adam Green is excited to explore Victor Crowley’s story in Hatchet III
- J.J. Abrams has thoughts on the 3D conversion for Star Trek Into Darkness
- George Miller‘s Mad Max: Fury Road has finished shooting
- New images and plot details emerge for The Hangover Part 3
- A still from Red 2 shows off some godawful outfits
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 by Angie Han
Could Sean Connery return to the Bond franchise? Believe it or not, it almost happened a third time. Also after the jump:
- The Muppets shoots this winter, Bret McKenzie returns to write more songs
- Wreck-It Ralph director Rich Moore has ideas for a sequel
- Robert Zemeckis isn’t planning a Roger Rabbit sequel
- Daniel Craig says Dragon Tattoo sequel needs a script
- Watch a montage of A Good Day to Die Hard filming
- Star Trek Into Darkness will be released in Dolby Atmos
- Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura talks about Red 2
Read More »