Posted on Thursday, March 24th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
Believe it or not, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is a movie that actually exists. The fifth film in Disney’s lucrative franchise feels like it wrapped principal photography ages ago and it’s still over a year away from from its May 26, 2017 release date. And aside from Johnny Depp and his dogs getting on the wrong side of Australian law, it’s been a very quiet production. Other than an official synopsis, a year-old first look, and Disney quickly using this film to fill the old Star Wars: Episode 8 release date, we haven’t seen much of anything.
Now, a new piece of news has washed ashore and it’s certainly unexpected. Paul McCartney has joined the cast of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, January 20th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
Ah, this is what it feels like when the big picture suddenly comes into focus. Moments after it was revealed that Star Wars: Episode 8 was making an unexpected leap to December 15, 2017, another movie shifted into its coveted Memorial Day release date. Yes, this is the work of the always crafty Captain Jack Sparrow, as the film in question is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, the fifth entry in Disney’s insanely profitable (if increasingly dire) franchise.
What? Did you think Disney was actually going to let someone else have that weekend?
Read More »
Thanks to Marvel Studios, fans have started to stick around more often after the credits, or at least a flashy closing credits sequence, to make sure there isn’t some secret scene to catch. But there have been plenty of post-credits scenes that played the big screen far before Iron Man ever teased the assemble of The Avengers back in 2008.
And now a new video takes a look back at 10 post-credits scenes that you may have never seen. For example, Bill Murray is a riot in Zombieland, but did you know there’s one more tidbit with the Ghostbusters star spouting off a classic line from Caddyshack at the end of the credits of the horror comedy? Check out that and nine other post-credits scenes you may have missed below, but beware of spoilers for the end of the movie in order to explain the context. Read More »
The internet has been rather charmed in the past by the charitable activities of Marvel Studios’ stars Chris Pratt and Chris Evans, stopping by a couple children’s hospitals as Star-Lord and Captain America respectively. But now another iconic Disney actor has been captured using his stardom to bring joy to some kids who need it the most.
Johnny Depp took a break from filming Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales to stop by Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital in Brisbane, Australia in full wardrobe as Captain Jack Sparrow. And thankfully, an Australian children’s show was there to film some of the adorable antics of the perpetually drunk pirate interacting with the kids.
Watch when Johnny Depp visits a children’s hospital as Jack Sparrow after the jump! Read More »
Dubai is the place where things you never thought were possible get built. First it was a real life robotic Jurassic Park, and now it has been announced Dubai will be home to the first underwater theme park. Reef Worlds, a Los Angeles-based reef developer, plans the underwater tourism site to look like an ancient abandoned lost city. Pearl of Dubai is being designed by some of the art team behind the 2009’s Avatar and the five Pirates of the Caribbean, although no specific key creatives have been mentioned by name.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
From Fast and Furious to Frozen, this edition of Theme Park Bits is packed with goodness. There are ride videos, new worlds, and juicy rumors. Below, read about the following:
- Disney announced a full Pirates of the Caribbean land for Shanghai Disneyland, including a brand new attraction.
- Universal trademarks Fast and Furious: Supercharged for a possible ride.
- Video and details revealed of the new, working Hogwarts Express at Universal Studios Orlando.
- Could Star Wars Land end up at Disney’s California Adventure?
- A logo for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is revealed along with new details and images.
- See Michael Giacchino scoring the Ratatouille ride.
- Universal is building a new theme park in Beijing.
- Check out a video of the new Disneyland Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
- You can get a Fastpass to meet Anna and Elsa from Frozen.
- Watch a behind the scenes video of the audio hub at Disney’s California Adventure.
Read More »
Super packed edition of Theme Park Bits featuring lots of closings. Below, read about the following:
- The Back to the Future themed restaurant Doc Brown’s Chicken at Universal Hollywood is closing in January.
- The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage at Disneyland is closing for refurbishment.
- Universal Studios Japan gets $250 million investment to build a Harry Potter park.
- A Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Shanghai Disneyland might use new technology.
- Check out an image of where Harry Potter land will be in California.
- Disneyland and Walt Disney World visitors can enjoy some Mary Poppins exclusives starting this week.
- See photo and video from the new Raving Rabbids, The Time Machine ride at Futuroscope in France.
- Rumor has it there might be a Warcraft presence at Universal Orlando in the future.
- Listen to some of the original sounds and music from the Haunted Mansion.
Read More »
I’m a huge Disneyland fanatic, with the top of the line Premier Annual Pass to prove it. I’ve always loved hearing the behind the scenes stories about the famous attractions in Walt Disney‘s incredible creation. We’ve all seen the video footage of Disneyland’s Space Mountain with the lights on. I’ve seen dozens of behind the scenes photos from the Anaheim-based theme park over the years, but I’ve never seen a collection like this one.
A Disney castmemeber recently posted a collection of 82 photos, which appear to have been taken sometime in the 1980’s/1990’s. The collection of photos give an unprecedented look behind the curtain of popular attractions like the Haunted Mansion, Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise and much more.
Have you ever wondered what the ride operation equipment looks like?
Have you ever wanted to see what the animatronics look like from behind the scenes?
Have you ever wondered what Jungle Cruise would look like without the water?
Have you ever wanted to see what the Haunted Mansion looks like with the lights on?
Have you ever wondered what the view looks like from on the very top of Matterhorn?
Its all here. You also get some photos of cast-member hijinks, a view of the animatronic repair shop, and much much more.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, October 25th, 2011 by David Chen
This week, Dave Chen, Devindra Hardawar and Adam Quigley chat about the fall of Netflix, enjoy the listlessness of The Trip, debate the impressiveness of The Last Exorcism, and try to figure out who would pay $60 for Tower Heist. Special guest Matt Patches joins us from Hollywood.com.
You can always e-mail us at slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or call and leave a voicemail at 781-583-1993. Tune in on Sunday night (11/6) at Slashfilm’s live page at 10 PM EST / 7 PM PST as we review A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas.
Download or Play Now in your Browser:
Subscribe to the /Filmcast:
Read More »