Posted on Wednesday, August 24th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
In this edition of Theme Park Bits:
- Pirates of the Caribbean is reportedly replacing Peter Pan in Fantasmic at Disneyland.
- Season of the Force is heading to Disneyland Paris.
- A Celebration of Harry Potter returns to Universal Orlando for year four.
- Universal’s Toothsome Chocolate Emporium soft-opens amidst a lawsuit.
- Notes on Animal Kingdom‘s ever-changing hours.
- Hong Kong Disneyland rebounds, but it really wants that Iron Man attraction.
- A first look at the new gingerbread house in this year’s Haunted Mansion Holiday.
- The crazy true story of two guys who documented Epcot’s Horizons.
- Walt Disney World’s Magic Bands may be getting an upgrade.
- Yep, this year’s Disney parks Halloween merchandise is here.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
In today’s Theme Park Bits:
- New footage from the Shanghai Disneyland version of Peter Pan’s Flight.
- An deep dive into the technology behind Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle For the Sunken Treasure.
- A new look at Shanghai Disneyland’s Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue.
- The first photos from inside Epcot’s Frozen Ever After.
- Details on Universal’s refurbished Incredible Hulk Coaster.
Read More »
Shanghai Disneyland won’t have its grand opening until June 16th 2016, but Disney’s Chinese theme park has been running soft openings, giving guests a sneak preview of what’s inside. Earlier this week we ran a video from the new Tron ride
, a rollercoaster ride called Tron Lightcycle Power Run that looked pretty great. Today I bring you the most impressive thing I’ve seen coming out of Shanghai Disneyland, and that is the new Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
No, this isn’t the same animatronic ride from Disneyland (or the much shorter version from Disney World’s Magic Kingdom), this is an all-new ride which Disney has been calling the park’s signature attraction: Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure. The new E-ticket ride, located in the park’s Treasure Cove land, features “a combination of new technology and innovation and will take guests on a pirate adventure with Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Davy Jones, providing an experience unlike anything else in the world.”
Okay, so that doesn’t even do it justice. The first good ride-on video has hit the web and HOLY SHIT. I know I don’t swear too much on here, so when I do it carries some gravity. This ride looks amazing. Please, stop what you’re doing, and hit the jump to watch this first ride video from Pirates of the Caribbean in Shanghai Disneyland.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, March 24th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
Believe it or not, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is a movie that actually exists. The fifth film in Disney’s lucrative franchise feels like it wrapped principal photography ages ago and it’s still over a year away from from its May 26, 2017 release date. And aside from Johnny Depp and his dogs getting on the wrong side of Australian law, it’s been a very quiet production. Other than an official synopsis, a year-old first look, and Disney quickly using this film to fill the old Star Wars: Episode 8 release date, we haven’t seen much of anything.
Now, a new piece of news has washed ashore and it’s certainly unexpected. Paul McCartney has joined the cast of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, January 20th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
Ah, this is what it feels like when the big picture suddenly comes into focus. Moments after it was revealed that Star Wars: Episode 8 was making an unexpected leap to December 15, 2017, another movie shifted into its coveted Memorial Day release date. Yes, this is the work of the always crafty Captain Jack Sparrow, as the film in question is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, the fifth entry in Disney’s insanely profitable (if increasingly dire) franchise.
What? Did you think Disney was actually going to let someone else have that weekend?
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Thanks to Marvel Studios, fans have started to stick around more often after the credits, or at least a flashy closing credits sequence, to make sure there isn’t some secret scene to catch. But there have been plenty of post-credits scenes that played the big screen far before Iron Man ever teased the assemble of The Avengers back in 2008.
And now a new video takes a look back at 10 post-credits scenes that you may have never seen. For example, Bill Murray is a riot in Zombieland, but did you know there’s one more tidbit with the Ghostbusters star spouting off a classic line from Caddyshack at the end of the credits of the horror comedy? Check out that and nine other post-credits scenes you may have missed below, but beware of spoilers for the end of the movie in order to explain the context. Read More »
The internet has been rather charmed in the past by the charitable activities of Marvel Studios’ stars Chris Pratt and Chris Evans, stopping by a couple children’s hospitals as Star-Lord and Captain America respectively. But now another iconic Disney actor has been captured using his stardom to bring joy to some kids who need it the most.
Johnny Depp took a break from filming Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales to stop by Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital in Brisbane, Australia in full wardrobe as Captain Jack Sparrow. And thankfully, an Australian children’s show was there to film some of the adorable antics of the perpetually drunk pirate interacting with the kids.
Watch when Johnny Depp visits a children’s hospital as Jack Sparrow after the jump! Read More »
Dubai is the place where things you never thought were possible get built. First it was a real life robotic Jurassic Park, and now it has been announced Dubai will be home to the first underwater theme park. Reef Worlds, a Los Angeles-based reef developer, plans the underwater tourism site to look like an ancient abandoned lost city. Pearl of Dubai is being designed by some of the art team behind the 2009’s Avatar and the five Pirates of the Caribbean, although no specific key creatives have been mentioned by name.
Read More »
From Fast and Furious to Frozen, this edition of Theme Park Bits is packed with goodness. There are ride videos, new worlds, and juicy rumors. Below, read about the following:
- Disney announced a full Pirates of the Caribbean land for Shanghai Disneyland, including a brand new attraction.
- Universal trademarks Fast and Furious: Supercharged for a possible ride.
- Video and details revealed of the new, working Hogwarts Express at Universal Studios Orlando.
- Could Star Wars Land end up at Disney’s California Adventure?
- A logo for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is revealed along with new details and images.
- See Michael Giacchino scoring the Ratatouille ride.
- Universal is building a new theme park in Beijing.
- Check out a video of the new Disneyland Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
- You can get a Fastpass to meet Anna and Elsa from Frozen.
- Watch a behind the scenes video of the audio hub at Disney’s California Adventure.
Read More »