Guardians of the Galaxy might be Marvel’s most elaborate film to date when it comes to easter eggs. I’ve watched the film twice now and have noticed a ton of inside jokes, references to characters from the comic books, 1980’s callbacks and more.I attempted to compile the most complete listing of Guardians of the Galaxy easter eggs, including (possible spoilers teased in the following):
- Who is Peter Quill’s father? Does Peter Quill’s mother have a relationship with Captain America?
- The geography of the four revealed Infinity Gems (which stones have been revealed and where are they?)
- Many Marvel comic book characters you didn’t see appear in Guardians (including a prominent female Krylorian techno-artist)
- A look at many of the treasures which can be seen inside The Collector’s museum (who or what is in the cocoon?)
- 8 cameo appearances from filmmakers, actors and even pets revealed (Nathan Fillion and Seth Green, where?)
- The stars behind the CG characters (who played Rocket on set?)
- A look at the 1980’s pop culture references in the film (did you know Star-Lord’s ship is named after a 1980’s television star?)
- How the comic book canon differs from what appeared on screen
- Funny credits and more
Take a look at /Film’s Guardians of the Galaxy easter egg list after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Star Wars Day, May 4, is less than a week away, and Star Wars is already turning up everywhere. The official Twitter account has been promoting the “holiday” for weeks, various retailers have been pushing new merchandise, previews of Star Wars Rebels are airing, and all evidence points to the fact Star Wars Episode VII news is coming this week.
The biggest clue is Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher have all been spotted in London. That’s where Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn visited writer/director J.J. Abrams and producer Kathleen Kennedy last week to finalize the script. London, where the film will be shooting come May. Check out the evidence of Star Wars 7 news below. Read More »
Enough of this Batman crap, let’s get back to what’s really important in 2015: Star Wars! Here’s the latest from a galaxy far far away.
- Check out three covers and more from The Star Wars comic books.
- Read about how Samuel L. Jackson tried to ask J.J. Abrams about possibly being in Star Wars Episode VII.
- EA wants to reinvent Star Wars video games to make “people’s jaws drop.”
- A minor update on the rumored December 2015 release date.
- Carrie Fisher now refuses to comment about Episode VII.
- There’s a Kickstarter to make a documentary about Chewbacca himself, Peter Mayhew.
- Star Wars: Force Collection, a card-based mobile game, will be out September 4.
- Listen to the voice of Darth Maul, Peter Serafinowicz, talk about his hilarious experiences making Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
As jam-packed as Arrested Development‘s fourth season was with new celebrity cameos and old familiar faces, there was one popular star that didn’t make the cut. Contrary to older reports, Peter Serafinowicz did not appear in any of the new episodes.
However, Mitch Hurwitz, who worked with Serafinowicz on Running Wilde, hasn’t forgotten about the Brit comedian. Instead, he reveals that he’s “saved” Serafinowicz for the movie. Hit the jump to hear what he had to say.
Read More »
Some casting, some directing, some controversy and a couple Star Trek details are in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read about the following.
- Olivia Wilde talks of possibly returning for a Tron: Legacy sequel.
- Greg Kinnear and Josh Lawson join Anchorman: The Legend Continues.
- Paul W.S. Anderson is definitely directing Resident Evil 6.
- Warner Bros. is suing the J.R.R. Tolkien estate over a breach in contract with The Hobbit.
- Bad Robot’s Action Movie FX App will get a Star Trek Into Darkness upgrade.
- New Zealand is the latest country to get Star Trek Into Darkness a week early.
- Peter Serafinowicz joins The Muppets…Again and Tina Fey discusses her character.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, November 21st, 2012 by Angie Han
All right, so the sign shown above (via Collider) is just a joke, but the off-the-charts anticipation for Episode VII is very, very real. After the jump:
- Jon Favreau has Kevin Smith‘s vote for the Star Wars VII directing job
- Ed Burns is ambivalent on the admittedly slim possibility of getting an offer
- Peter Serafinowicz and Chris Hemsworth would like to be in Star Wars
- Watch Lawrence Kasdan talking about Return of the Jedi, way back when
- Fox announces dates for the 3D re-releases of Episode II and Episode III
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, September 13th, 2011 by Angie Han
We all know the beats of the typical rock star origin story — a talented, passionate young person finds his calling in life and overcomes adversity to achieve fame and success, etc. But what about the guy who didn’t make it? The guy who put in the same sweat and blood and tears but never quite managed to scrape together enough talent or luck to actually break into the big time?
We first showed you the trailer for Killing Bono back in December, but now a new, very similar trailer has been released for its U.S. premiere this fall. The reality-based tale follows two brothers, Neil and Ivan McCormick (Ben Barnes and Robert Sheehan) who start a band to rival their school friend Paul’s (Martin McCann) group The Hype. But as The Hype gets bigger and bigger — and eventually changes their name to U2 — Neil and Ivan find their own dreams of rock n’ roll superstardom thwarted at every turn. Directed by Nick Hamm, the film also stars Krysten Ritter, Peter Serafinowicz, and Pete Postlethwaite in his final performance. Watch the video after the jump.
Read More »
The 3D and motion capture work in Avatar may be the biggest cinematic talking points going right now but don’t forget about Robert Zemeckis. He’s been in the mocap and 3D trenches, and is moving forward with a remake of the animated Beatles film Yellow Submarine. The film will use mocap and CGI to recreate the hand-drawn animation of the original film, while a small collection of voices will stand in as the new Beatles. Meet the quartet after the break. Read More »
Look at the cast for Universal’s upcoming Couples Retreat: Jon Favreau, Vince Vaughn, Jason Bateman, Malin Akerman, Faizon Love, Kristen Bell, Kristin Davis, Jean Reno, Peter Serafinowicz and Ken Joeong (currently extorting money from the trio of drunks in The Hangover). Now look at the first trailer, after the jump. Read More »