Some casting, some directing, some controversy and a couple Star Trek details are in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read about the following.
- Olivia Wilde talks of possibly returning for a Tron: Legacy sequel.
- Greg Kinnear and Josh Lawson join Anchorman: The Legend Continues.
- Paul W.S. Anderson is definitely directing Resident Evil 6.
- Warner Bros. is suing the J.R.R. Tolkien estate over a breach in contract with The Hobbit.
- Bad Robot’s Action Movie FX App will get a Star Trek Into Darkness upgrade.
- New Zealand is the latest country to get Star Trek Into Darkness a week early.
- Peter Serafinowicz joins The Muppets…Again and Tina Fey discusses her character.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, November 21st, 2012 by Angie Han
All right, so the sign shown above (via Collider) is just a joke, but the off-the-charts anticipation for Episode VII is very, very real. After the jump:
- Jon Favreau has Kevin Smith‘s vote for the Star Wars VII directing job
- Ed Burns is ambivalent on the admittedly slim possibility of getting an offer
- Peter Serafinowicz and Chris Hemsworth would like to be in Star Wars
- Watch Lawrence Kasdan talking about Return of the Jedi, way back when
- Fox announces dates for the 3D re-releases of Episode II and Episode III
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, September 13th, 2011 by Angie Han
We all know the beats of the typical rock star origin story — a talented, passionate young person finds his calling in life and overcomes adversity to achieve fame and success, etc. But what about the guy who didn’t make it? The guy who put in the same sweat and blood and tears but never quite managed to scrape together enough talent or luck to actually break into the big time?
We first showed you the trailer for Killing Bono back in December, but now a new, very similar trailer has been released for its U.S. premiere this fall. The reality-based tale follows two brothers, Neil and Ivan McCormick (Ben Barnes and Robert Sheehan) who start a band to rival their school friend Paul’s (Martin McCann) group The Hype. But as The Hype gets bigger and bigger — and eventually changes their name to U2 — Neil and Ivan find their own dreams of rock n’ roll superstardom thwarted at every turn. Directed by Nick Hamm, the film also stars Krysten Ritter, Peter Serafinowicz, and Pete Postlethwaite in his final performance. Watch the video after the jump.
Read More »
The 3D and motion capture work in Avatar may be the biggest cinematic talking points going right now but don’t forget about Robert Zemeckis. He’s been in the mocap and 3D trenches, and is moving forward with a remake of the animated Beatles film Yellow Submarine. The film will use mocap and CGI to recreate the hand-drawn animation of the original film, while a small collection of voices will stand in as the new Beatles. Meet the quartet after the break. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Look at the cast for Universal’s upcoming Couples Retreat: Jon Favreau, Vince Vaughn, Jason Bateman, Malin Akerman, Faizon Love, Kristen Bell, Kristin Davis, Jean Reno, Peter Serafinowicz and Ken Joeong (currently extorting money from the trio of drunks in The Hangover). Now look at the first trailer, after the jump. Read More »