Posted on Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 by Angie Han
Lots of fun odds and ends in today’s Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Early posters for A Good Day to Die Hard and Percy Jackson hit the Licensing Expo
- Men in Black 3 concept art reveals a (slightly) alternate design for the monowheels
- Charlize Theron‘s role in Mad Max: Fury Road apparently requires her to have really short hair
- A handful of new stills show Bella and Edward’s kid in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is in the process of being written, says producer Alex Kurtzman
- Will Smith is iffy on doing on I Am Legend 2 because he doesn’t want to be “the sequel guy”
- Did you know there was almost a sequel to E.T.? Steven Spielberg explains why it didn’t happen.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, April 10th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits is all about the number 2. As in Beetlejuice 2, Anchorman 2, Grown Ups 2, Dr. Horrible 2, and Percy Jackson 2 (okay, that’s not technically what it’s called, but you know what I mean). After the jump:
- A small update on Seth Grahame-Smith’s Beetlejuice 2
- Judd Apatow has a wishlist, Adam McKay has ideas for Anchorman 2
- A Hunger Games tribute becomes a daughter of war
- Grown Ups 2 casts another young’un to join Taylor Lautner
- Joss Whedon teases Dr. Horrible 2 and more death
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 21st, 2012 by Angie Han
While it remains to be seen whether Anthony Hopkins in Sacha Gervasi‘s Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho does any better at capturing the Hitchcock resemblance than Toby Jones does in Julian Jarrold‘s The Girl, what’s clear is that the former will be surrounded by quite a high profile cast. Jessica Biel has just beat out several other actresses to land the role of Vera Miles, who played Lila Crane in Psycho. She joins a roster that also includes Scarlett Johansson and James D’Arcy as Psycho stars Janet Leigh and Anthony Perkins, and Helen Mirren as Hitchcock’s wife Alma Reville.
Gervasi is directing from a script by John McLaughlin and Tom Thayer, who adapted it from Stephen Rebello‘s nonfiction tome of the same title. I expect the title will change at some point, since the current one sounds more appropriate for a documentary than a narrative feature, but that’s what they’re going with for now.
Biel is currently filming Emanuel and the Truth about Fishes, and will next be seen in Len Wiseman’s remake of Total Recall. Shooting on Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho is scheduled to begin next month. [Deadline]
After the jump, Nathan Fillion is joined by another Joss Whedon alum in Percy Jackson.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, March 15th, 2012 by Angie Han
Geek favorite Nathan Fillion has signed on for Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Sea of Monsters, the Thor Freudenthal-directed sequel to Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief. As Greek god Hermes, father of antagonist Luke (Jake Abel), Fillion joins a strong supporting cast that includes Yvette Nicole Brown (Community), Missi Pyle (The Artist), and Mary Birdsong (The Descendants) as the three Fates.
Logan Lerman, who starred in the first film as Percy, will reprise his role, along with Alexandra Daddario and Brandon T. Jackson. The Sea of Monsters is scheduled to hit theaters March 26, 2013.
After the jump, Halle Berry comes back to The Hive, and Anthony Michael Hall stabs Danny Trejo in the back as Mickey Rourke watches on.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, March 1st, 2012 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of odds and ends to cover in today’s Sequel Bits, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- MIB3 helmer says shooting with an incomplete script was either “genius” or “really stupid”
- Vehicles from Mad Max: Fury Road revealed
- Benedict Cumberbatch says lovely things about his Star Trek 2 colleauges
- Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 may have a new title
- Percy Jackson casts stars from Community, Reno 911!, and Dodgeball
- Chris Tucker is not so excited for Friday 4
Read More »
The sequels never stop, and the first one we want to talk about today is Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters, the sequel to the 2010 film Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. We know that Thor Freudenthal will direct the movie based on the second book in Rick Riordan‘s YA series, with a script by Ed Wood writers Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski. Logan Lerman and Alexandra D’addario are said to be returning, and now Variety reports that Douglas Smith (Big Love) is in final talks to play a co-starring role.
The Sea of Monsters, which sees the modern versions of characters inspired by Greek mythology seeking the famous and mythical Golden Fleece, is set for release on March 26, 2013. So we’ll probably hear about more casting and a shoot start soon.
After the break, slight news on Crank 3, Insidious 2 and that still-theoretical Twilight continuation. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: