Here’s a quick update on Tuesday’s Paranormal Activity news. Yes, there was a Paranormal Activity film scheduled for release this year and yes, it has now been moved to January 4, 2014. That film was not Paranormal Activity 5, however. It’s the still-untitled Latino centric Paranormal Activity spin-off, which exists in the same world but is mostly unrelated. That film was directed by Paranormal Activity 2-4 writer Christopher Landon.
As for a fifth film in the main franchise, producers have yet to come up with a satisfactory idea yet, so there’s no script or director. All signs point to Paranormal Activity 2-4 editor Greg Plotkin as the man for the job, though. There’s no release date set, but October 2014 seems likely. [The Wrap]
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
UPDATE: In fact, it’s the Latino Paranormal Activity spin-off that has been moved. The original article follows as is.
Over the past four years, Paramount Pictures has released a Paranormal Activity film each October, creating a new Halloween tradition. This year the plan was to do the same with Paranormal Activity 5, which is currently scheduled for release on October 25. However, it’s now July and with just over three months until that date, we have yet to hear a peep about the film. No director, stars, nothing. Though the film has reportedly been shot, it seems Paramount is not going to rush the release. They’re now likely to release the movie in January. Read More »
Posted on Friday, February 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
So far, the scariest thing about Paranormal Activity 5 may be how little anyone involved with it claims to know about it. We are talking about a movie that’s due out in just under nine months. After the jump:
- Katie Featherston and Oren Peli talk Paranormal Activity 5
- No, Linday Lohan will not be reprising her role for Machete Kills
- Steven Spielberg says George Lucas still plans to do Indiana Jones 5
- Sylvester Stallone is joking about wanting Bill Clinton for Expendables 3, right?
- Judd Apatow considers another Knocked Up spinoff, this time about the kids
- Andy Muschietti does not think there should be a Mama 2
- Check out a sunny set photo from Insidious Chapter 2
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, November 21st, 2012 by Angie Han
Robert Rodriguez‘s Machete has gotten himself into some hairy situations and lived to tell the tale, but now a lawsuit could shut him down for good. Also after the jump:
- No, Mike Myers has not written Wayne’s World 3
- Paranormal Activity 5 gets a fall 2013 release date
- Josh Hutcherson confirms his return for Journey 3
- See a goateed Mirror Spock from IDW’s Star Trek comics
- The sequel to Bong Joon-ho’s The Host reveals footage
Read More »
Fans who stayed through the credits of this weekend’s hit film Paranormal Activity 4 were treated to a curious Spanish speaking coda teasing a brand new sequel. However that sequel will not be Paranormal Activity 5. That’s now officially coming in October 2013, but Latino themed film teased will actually an additional spinoff scheduled for release in Spring 2013. As previously reported, it’s being written and directed by Christopher Landon (Disturbia) and will draw from Catholic paranormal mythology. It’s set in the same world, will be in English about the same ghost, but will not continue the story of Katie, Hunter and the stars of the first four films. Read more after the jump. Read More »