If the new footage in last week’s international trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens simply wasn’t enough, we have some good news. An official The Force Awakens TV spot has just popped up online with several bits of new footage and dialogue not seen in any of the previous trailers.
New footage includes some action shots Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), new voiceover from Maz Kanata, the motion-capture character played by Lupita Nyong’o, and new scenes of the aerial battle between the Resistance and the First Order. Check it out! Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
During Monday Night Football last night, Disney and Lucasfilm premiered the final trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. If you haven’t already, you can click here to watch the final Force Awakens trailer. Then hit the jump to read our in-depth Force Awakens trailer analysis, where we dig into all the new visuals to try to uncover clues about the film. Read More »
What happened in the thirty years between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens? Disney’s epic multi-platform Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens book series has begun to be unleashed promising to fill in that gap through a mix of novels, comics, children’s books and young adult stories, all considered as official Star Wars canon.
We’ve already told you about the first novel, Star Wars: Aftermath. The comic book prequel miniseries Star Wars: Shattered Empire hit stores today, and while we had some information as to what the four issue story was about, we now finally have a good idea of how it connects to Star Wars: The Force Awakens. They’ve been keeping the connection out of the marketing for the book thus far — find out now after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 18th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’re not quite done with Star Wars D23 stuff, but there’s non-D23 stuff here, too. After the jump:
- Find out where to get the cheeky car decal seen above
- Watch highlights from the Star Wars D23 panel
- J.J. Abrams explains why anyone would even want to join the First Order
- … and gushes about Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma
- Oscar Isaac talks about growing up in a Star Wars-obsessed family
- Daisy Ridley looks pleased as punch with her Drew Struzan Episode VII poster
- Learn a tiny bit more about Episode VII‘s Constable Zuvio
- Ooh and ahh over Sideshow‘s deluxe edition Boba Fett figure
- Get details on the limited-edition Darth Vader PlayStation 4 console
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 13th, 2015 by Angie Han
The bad news for Star Wars fans is that there won’t be any new The Force Awakens footage screened at D23 this weekend. But the good news is, we do have a slew of new photos to pore over and pick apart in the meantime — plus some juicy story details to go along with them.
Among other things, the latest bast of images feature fresh looks at villains General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson), Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), and Captain Phasma (Gwendoline Christie); heroes Finn (John Boyega) and Rey (Daisy Ridley); and droids R2-D2 and C-3PO. Get the new Star Wars 7 photos and details after the jump.
Update: All the photos are all available in high resolution, with the exception of the Kylo Ren cover image.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Entertainment Weekly is on a roll with Star Wars coverage from their upcoming Kylo Ren cover issue featuring Star Wars: The Force Awakens. One of the many things their coverage has touched upon is the meaning behind the names of the characters in Episode 7. How did Finn, Rey, Poe Dameron and Kylo Ren get their names? What was director JJ Abrams’ inspiration? Is there a greater meaning to the names? Find out after the jump.
Read More »
After delivering the acclaimed HBO series The Wire, David Simon is headed back to the cable network with the six-part miniseries Show Me a Hero.
Set in Yonkers, New York in the 1960s, the story follows the struggles of a young mayor (Oscar Isaac) trying to balance politics and justice. There’s quite the cast on display in the latest trailer for the miniseries, including Catherine Keener, Alfred Molina and Winona Ryder. Looks like another future Emmy nominee for HBO. Watch the Show Me a Hero trailer below! Read More »
Last week saw the release of the first official X-Men: Apocalypse photos. Now we’ve got those pics in high resolution, allowing you to check out more details than before. But there’s one notable omission in this release of pics, which you can see for yourself below. Read More »
With your wisdom, I’m sure that we can work out an arrangement which will be mutually beneficial and enable us to avoid any unpleasant confrontation. As a token of my goodwill, I present to you a gift: these Star Wars Bits. This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- Target confirming participation in Force Friday
- Lucasfilm & Mark Hamill‘s reaction to Amy Schumer‘s racy photoshoot
- Star Wars Commander mobile game update
- The Force Awakens box office prediction
- Details learned from Star Wars: Aftermath excerpt
- Oscar Isaac chats The Force Awakens at Comic-Con
- The Force Awakens theories based on sizzle reel
- Kanan: The Last Padawan issue #4 sneak preview
- Zachary Levi plays Star Wars Battlefront at Comic-Con
- Star Wars gets the Little Golden Books treatment
Read More »