UPDATE: An earlier version of this post mistakenly referred to the season finale as “Twin Suns,” which was last week’s episode. The finale is titled “Zero Hour.”
The Star Wars canon will never be the same again after the Star Wars Rebels season 3 finale, titled “Zero Hour,” airs this Saturday.
The highly anticipated two-part finale sees a final showdown between Grand Admiral Thrawn and the Ghost crew, along with one unexpected cameo (although it all has to find a way to live up to last week’s Obi-Wan Kenobi/Darth Maul rematch). Before it all comes to a head this weekend, get a sneak peek at some brand-new images and a preview clip from Disney XD’s animated show.
Read More »
Since the fall of 2014, there have been rumblings of Obi-Wan Kenobi getting his own standalone spin-off. In fact, those rumors even expanded to mention that a trilogy focusing on one of the last remaining Jedi was in the works at Lucasfilm with Ewan McGregor reprising his role from the prequel trilogy. We’ve yet to get any confirmation on this development, but now a fanmade trailer for Kenobi: A Star Wars Story makes the strong case for how interesting this kind of spin-off could be.
Watch the Obi-Wan Kenobi spin-off trailer after the jump. Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Ewan McGregor responds to rumors that he will be reprising his role as Obi-Wan Kenobi in a new Star Wars Anthology film. His answer may surprise you a bit.
- Is a new Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic video game being worked on for 2016 release?
- See two more variant cover images for the Journey To Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Shattered Empire comic book series which will help fill in the thirty year gap between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens
- One of the Force Friday releases is teased in a magazine ad: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Monopoly.
- See Boba Fett on the cover of the X-Box Official Magazine to promote Star Wars Battlefront.
- And find out if the Star Wars: The Force Awakens sets are still standing in Abu Dubai.
All that and more.
Read More »
UPDATE 10/6/14: A few weeks back, we ran the below story about a possible Obi-Wan Kenobi Star Wars spin-off being in the works. Now, that rumor has expanded to not only give an idea of what the story could be, it might even be more than one movie. The update is after the jump.
As little as we know about Star Wars Episode VII, we know even less about the Star Wars stand-alone films. We know Gareth Edwards and Josh Trank and directing the first two. We’ve heard they may be origin stories and rumors have run rampant of all the various characters that might be featured. Han Solo and Boba Fett are two of the best bets, but Yoda has been mentioned too, possibly a side character in Episode VII and now another name has entered the mix. A new rumor has hit that Lucasfilm is developing an Obi Wan Kenobi stand alone film. Out of all of those rumors, this is the one that makes the most sense. Read More »