There’s a new face in Colin Trevorrow‘s Jurassic World, as the Dunder Mifflin CEO from The Office, Andy Buckley, has signed on for a role. In addition to that info, below you’ll find
- Legendary signs on to help out with Jurassic World and Universal’s new Dracula movie,
- There’s a new title for Night at the Museum 3,
- Steve Jablonsky posts images from the scoring session for Transformers: Age of Extinction,
- And Taken 3 will shoot in Georgia.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Briefly: The old Night at the Museum crew is coming back together for a third film: Ben Stiller is starring, Shawn Levy is directing, and Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant are writing with David Guion and Michael Handelman. The film also features a slate of new and returning actors that includes Rebel Wilson, Ben Stiller, Robin Williams, Owen Wilson, Steve Coogan and Ricky Gervais.
Turns out Ben Kingsley will have a significant role in the film, as well. Deadline says Kingsley will play “a formidable Egyptian pharaoh on display in the British museum, and he is revived by a magical tablet.” That’s when Ben Stiller’s character discovers that the so-called pharaoh is really just a drunk old peasant.
Night at the Museum 3 will hit theaters at Christmas this year.
Briefly: Who’s excited for Night At The Museum 3? Anyone? Anyone? I actually think the sequel improves on the original and the concept is certainly one that can easily continue on. For the third installment, Shawn Levy is back directing Ben Stiller, Robin Williams, Owen Wilson, Steve Coogan and Ricky Gervais, with the production aimed at a Holiday 2014 release date.
Now, there’s a new addition to the cast. Rebel Wilson, best known for Bridesmaids and Pitch Perfect, will play a security guard at the British museum at the center of the story. Downton Abbey‘s Dan Stevens was previously announced as well. [Deadline]
Posted on Thursday, December 19th, 2013 by Angie Han
If you consider sequel news to be a gift, we’ve got a whole sleigh full of presents for you. After the jump:
- No (duh), Justin Bieber won’t replace Paul Walker in Fast & Furious 7
- Zoe Bell could become one of the ExpendaBelles
- Ricky Gervais will be back for Night at the Museum 3
- Phil “You Had One Job” Tippett is returning for Jurassic World
- Hot Tub Time Machine 2 is coming sometime in 2014
- Quentin Tarantino is really not interested in doing Kill Bill 3
- Zoolander 2 is “on hold,” and Dodgeball 2 has a script
- Someone has been arrested for that Transformers extortion attempt
- Sullivan Stapleton and Eva Green gets their own 300 posters
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, November 14th, 2013 by Angie Han
Ron Burgundy now has his own underwear line and his own museum exhibit. Also after the jump:
- Night at the Museum 3 casts an Amazing Spider-Man actor
- Kevin Macdonald‘s Christmas in a Day will follow Life in a Day
- Mark Wahlberg reiterates that the new Transformers is “stand alone”
- Composer Steve Jablonsky talks Transformers: Age of Extinction
Read More »
Posted on Monday, November 11th, 2013 by Angie Han
Cousin Matthew is getting knighted. For a movie, anyway. Former Downton Abbey star Dan Stevens has just signed on to play Lancelot in Night at the Museum 3, which features the returns of Ben Stiller as museum guard Larry Daley and Robin Williams as 26th President of the United States Theodore Roosevelt. Hit the jump to find out how just this Arthurian legend fits in.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 4th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s way, way too early to guess what the Harry Potter spinoff Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them might look like, but it’s never too soon to fantasize with producer David Heyman. Also after the jump:
- Sandra Bullock isn’t interested in The Heat 2
- New Fast & Furious 7 pic shows lots of cars, extras
- Night at the Museum 3 will shoot in London and Vancouver
- Futurama returns again, this time in The Simpsons
- Is Mad Max: Fury Road actually awesome?
- See more pics of Michael Bay hard at work on T4
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Briefly: The two Night at the Museum movies, from ’06 and ’09, did too well for Fox to let the franchise stop at two. Other studios are playing with their own films based on a similar concept, and so Fox is going to follow Ben Stiller back into the nightlife at (presumably) a new collection of historic artifacts.
Fox has announced that Night at the Museum 3, directed by Shawn Levy, will open on December 25, 2014. Rejoice! (That is, rejoice if you’re an investor, because this thing is practically guaranteed to make money.) No word on the plot or setting, but the threequel in a situation like this is often the one that goes to Europe, so don’t be surprised if Stiller’s character finds himself in the Louvre or some similarly famous location overseas.