Posted on Wednesday, January 28th, 2015 by Angie Han
Forget all those cute little indies from Sundance — let’s dive into some big blockbuster sequels. After the jump:
- Get details on Arnold‘s big fight scene in Terminator: Genisys
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter will shoot this summer
- Colin Firth “might be ready” for Bridget Jones 3
- Now You See Me 2 picks up Henry Lloyd-Hughes
- Christine Taylor‘s Matilda will return for Zoolander 2
- Chris Pine likes Simon Pegg as the Star Trek 3 screenwriter
- Watch the trailer for The Man with the Iron Fists 2
- The Divergent sequel Insurgent gets one more poster
- A Hot Tub Time Machine 2 TV spot warns against deflated balls
- Ted 2 gets a poster and a certain Patriots quarterback
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Michael Almereyda is the latest to tweak William Shakespeare’s work to suit his purposes. Almereyda’s Cymbeline sees him teaming one more with Ethan Hawke, who starred in the director’s Hamlet in 2000. Cymbeline envisions the original text as “an epic battle between dirty cops and a drug dealing biker gang set in a corruption-riddled America.” Ed Harris also stars, along with Milla Jovovich, John Leguizamo, Penn Badgley, Dakota Johnson and Anton Yelchin. Check out the new Cymbeline trailer below, along with a new clip. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 19th, 2014 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- The Star Trek 3 script is finally done, says Roberto Orci
- Read a test screening reaction to Mad Max: Fury Road
- Milla Jovovich‘s pregnancy delays Resident Evil 6
- Yes, that Twins sequel Triplets is still in development
- See Ron Paul in the Atlas Shrugged Part 3 trailer
- The two Mockingjay films will have “distinct stories”
- Rumor has it Halloween: The Next Chapter is coming
Read More »
You’d think The Expendables producer Avi Lerner might look to certain names for his “all-female Expendables” offshoot film, which for now he’s calling The ExpendaBelles. Sigourney Weaver, maybe, or Linda Hamilton.
But he’s shooting for the moon, and he’s trying to get there on starship Streep. Yep, Lerner says he’s in talks with Meryl Streep to join his modern bacchae. Clearly he’s a fan of The Iron Lady, and probably Hope Springs. Read More »
Briefly: When Sylvester Stallone assembles an Expendables film, the biggest question isn’t really why the characters are going to be punching and shooting, but who will be doing the punching and shooting. Stallone and Jason Statham are givens at this point, and now we’ve got four more all-but-confirmed names for The Expendables 3.
Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich, most of whom have been rumored as cast members for a while, are now in “advanced negotiations” to appear, according to the CEO of Lionsgate. Stallone recently said he was looking for a “young Sigourney Weaver” for the film, which could be Jovovich’s role. Patrick Hughes (Red Hill) will direct. [Deadline]
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Stay Classy…Atlanta? That’s where Anchorman: The Legend Continues is now shooting. Below, you can hear Steve Carell talking about it and even see some set photos of Will Ferrell and Christina Applegate. But that’s not all. After the jump, also read about the follow sequel bits:
- Wreck-It Ralph director Rich Moore spitballs a few ideas for a sequel.
- Vin Diesel posted a new photo from the upcoming Riddick.
- The logo for 300: Rise of an Empire has been revealed.
- Sony sets a release date for Resident Evil 6.
- Comedian Ben Schwartz jokes about doing ADR on Star Trek Into Darkness…
- …while composer Michael Giacchino tweets a photo of recording the score to J.J. Abrams’ film.
Read More »
Milla Jovovich is back in the fifth installment of the Resident Evil series, Resident Evil: Retribution, and the first trailer has just come online. Scheduled for 3D release on September 14, it seems Umbrella has embedded Alice with false memories of a perfect life in order to stop her from taking down the evil, monster making corporation. This, of course, results in a global scale sci-fi action rendered Paul W.S. Anderson-style, with lots of nods to the popular video game series. Check out the trailer and more after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, January 19th, 2012 by Angie Han
With a worldwide gross of $296 million, 2010’s Resident Evil: Afterlife was the best office performer yet of the video game-based Resident Evil film franchise. That made a fifth Resident Evil a no-brainer, so over the past year and change there’s been a steady stream of news, casting announcements, and set photos from the movie that would eventually be titled Resident Evil: Retribution.
Today we finally have the first real trailer for the Retribution, and it should be a treat for Resident Evil fans — once you get past the first 20+ seconds of Sony commercials, that is. Yep, Sony electronics ads actually make up over a third of the trailer. Watch it after the jump.
Read More »
You might have seen the trailers for Paul W.S. Anderson‘s version of The Three Musketeers, naturally shot in 3D, and been left wondering if the movie is really for you. The film is on screens today, and to aid you in making the crucial ticket-buying decision the first few minutes of the film have landed online. They’re not in 3D, but I think you’ll get the idea anyway. Read More »