I didn’t always have a soft spot for the Resident Evil movies, but I developed one over time, especially as it became clear that this trashy, silly, and hilariously convoluted series was just going to keep going and going and going. Even when they’re at their least comprehensible, these films have been a strong showcase for Milla Jovovich as an action hero and watching her find new and bloody ways to combat armies of monsters, mutants, and zombies has, more often than not, been worth the price of admission.
Now, the series looks to be coming to an end with Resident Evil: The Final Chapter and the first trailer has arrived. And yet, let’s not take that subtitle too literally yet – you’d need a few hands to count the number of franchises that continued beyond the entry that contained “final” in the title.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Principal photography on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter is now underway in South Africa, and as we confirmed previously by way of returning cast member Ali Larter, this will be the final installment of the ongoing Resident Evil film franchise (though that doesn’t preclude a reboot from happening years from now).
And with shooting commencing across the globe, Screen Gems has announced the full cast for the film that will again be directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, who also wrote the screenplay for the video game sequel. We already know Milla Jovovich is back in the lead role as Alice (and we’ve seen a photo of her getting to work on set), but there’s a few other returning cast members too. Read More »
The Resident Evil series is preparing to shoot its final installment now, under the direction of returning filmmaker Paul W.S. Anderson, with Milla Jovovich once again in the lead role. Now we know that another player from older chapters of the series is returning, as Ali Larter has been confirmed to reprise her role as Claire Redfield in the upcoming sixth film, tentatively titled Resident Evil: The Final Chapter. Read More »
There have been plenty of revisionist takes on classic fairytales lately, from Maleficent to Snow White and the Huntsman, and Hollywood is on the lookout for new ideas like this all the time.
Enter Clint Howard, character actor extraordinaire and brother of director Ron Howard. He has a pitch for a movie that is the “biggest, newest, most box office crushing-est hero in town.” She’s got a truckload of freckles, two pigtails and can lift a horse with one hand. That’s right, it’s Pippi Longstocking, brought to life as a vigilante played by The Fifth Element and Resident Evil star Milla Jovovich.
Watch the Pippi Longstocking reboot pitch after the jump! Read More »
Posted on Friday, July 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- Arnie is optimistic about Shane Black‘s Predator sequel.
- Terminator 5 scribes talk James Cameron, time travel, and deleted scenes.
- Samuel L. Jackson is totally up for another Unbreakable movie.
- Quentin Tarantino wants to make a third Kill Bill someday.
- The M:I5 plane stunt was inspired in part by Uncharted.
- Pacific Rim 2 could help get Hellboy 3 made… if it’s a hit.
- Sinister 2 distributes a series of creepy “collector’s cards.”
- Patrick Wilson shares a photo from the Conjuring 2 set.
- Milla Jovovich gets to work on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
- Donate to charity for a chance to win a role in Star Trek Beyond.
- LeBron James (jokingly) pitches an idea for Trainwreck 2.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Former Wachowski collaborator James McTeigue has a new film called Survivor, in which Pierce Brosnan, as a killer nicknamed “the Watchmaker,” helps frame a government officer played by Milla Jovovich. The thriller looks like it is set between the action churn of the typical Millennium Entertainment film and the tone and action of the Bourne series. But it’s a slight change of pace for Jovovich, and may give Brosnan a chance to be entertainingly evil. Check out the Survivor trailer below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, January 28th, 2015 by Angie Han
Forget all those cute little indies from Sundance — let’s dive into some big blockbuster sequels. After the jump:
- Get details on Arnold‘s big fight scene in Terminator: Genisys
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter will shoot this summer
- Colin Firth “might be ready” for Bridget Jones 3
- Now You See Me 2 picks up Henry Lloyd-Hughes
- Christine Taylor‘s Matilda will return for Zoolander 2
- Chris Pine likes Simon Pegg as the Star Trek 3 screenwriter
- Watch the trailer for The Man with the Iron Fists 2
- The Divergent sequel Insurgent gets one more poster
- A Hot Tub Time Machine 2 TV spot warns against deflated balls
- Ted 2 gets a poster and a certain Patriots quarterback
Read More »
Michael Almereyda is the latest to tweak William Shakespeare’s work to suit his purposes. Almereyda’s Cymbeline sees him teaming one more with Ethan Hawke, who starred in the director’s Hamlet in 2000. Cymbeline envisions the original text as “an epic battle between dirty cops and a drug dealing biker gang set in a corruption-riddled America.” Ed Harris also stars, along with Milla Jovovich, John Leguizamo, Penn Badgley, Dakota Johnson and Anton Yelchin. Check out the new Cymbeline trailer below, along with a new clip. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 19th, 2014 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- The Star Trek 3 script is finally done, says Roberto Orci
- Read a test screening reaction to Mad Max: Fury Road
- Milla Jovovich‘s pregnancy delays Resident Evil 6
- Yes, that Twins sequel Triplets is still in development
- See Ron Paul in the Atlas Shrugged Part 3 trailer
- The two Mockingjay films will have “distinct stories”
- Rumor has it Halloween: The Next Chapter is coming
Read More »