There have been plenty of revisionist takes on classic fairytales lately, from Maleficent to Snow White and the Huntsman, and Hollywood is on the lookout for new ideas like this all the time.
Enter Clint Howard, character actor extraordinaire and brother of director Ron Howard. He has a pitch for a movie that is the “biggest, newest, most box office crushing-est hero in town.” She’s got a truckload of freckles, two pigtails and can lift a horse with one hand. That’s right, it’s Pippi Longstocking, brought to life as a vigilante played by The Fifth Element and Resident Evil star Milla Jovovich.
Watch the Pippi Longstocking reboot pitch after the jump! Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, July 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- Arnie is optimistic about Shane Black‘s Predator sequel.
- Terminator 5 scribes talk James Cameron, time travel, and deleted scenes.
- Samuel L. Jackson is totally up for another Unbreakable movie.
- Quentin Tarantino wants to make a third Kill Bill someday.
- The M:I5 plane stunt was inspired in part by Uncharted.
- Pacific Rim 2 could help get Hellboy 3 made… if it’s a hit.
- Sinister 2 distributes a series of creepy “collector’s cards.”
- Patrick Wilson shares a photo from the Conjuring 2 set.
- Milla Jovovich gets to work on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
- Donate to charity for a chance to win a role in Star Trek Beyond.
- LeBron James (jokingly) pitches an idea for Trainwreck 2.
Read More »
Former Wachowski collaborator James McTeigue has a new film called Survivor, in which Pierce Brosnan, as a killer nicknamed “the Watchmaker,” helps frame a government officer played by Milla Jovovich. The thriller looks like it is set between the action churn of the typical Millennium Entertainment film and the tone and action of the Bourne series. But it’s a slight change of pace for Jovovich, and may give Brosnan a chance to be entertainingly evil. Check out the Survivor trailer below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, January 28th, 2015 by Angie Han
Forget all those cute little indies from Sundance — let’s dive into some big blockbuster sequels. After the jump:
- Get details on Arnold‘s big fight scene in Terminator: Genisys
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter will shoot this summer
- Colin Firth “might be ready” for Bridget Jones 3
- Now You See Me 2 picks up Henry Lloyd-Hughes
- Christine Taylor‘s Matilda will return for Zoolander 2
- Chris Pine likes Simon Pegg as the Star Trek 3 screenwriter
- Watch the trailer for The Man with the Iron Fists 2
- The Divergent sequel Insurgent gets one more poster
- A Hot Tub Time Machine 2 TV spot warns against deflated balls
- Ted 2 gets a poster and a certain Patriots quarterback
Read More »
Michael Almereyda is the latest to tweak William Shakespeare’s work to suit his purposes. Almereyda’s Cymbeline sees him teaming one more with Ethan Hawke, who starred in the director’s Hamlet in 2000. Cymbeline envisions the original text as “an epic battle between dirty cops and a drug dealing biker gang set in a corruption-riddled America.” Ed Harris also stars, along with Milla Jovovich, John Leguizamo, Penn Badgley, Dakota Johnson and Anton Yelchin. Check out the new Cymbeline trailer below, along with a new clip. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, August 19th, 2014 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- The Star Trek 3 script is finally done, says Roberto Orci
- Read a test screening reaction to Mad Max: Fury Road
- Milla Jovovich‘s pregnancy delays Resident Evil 6
- Yes, that Twins sequel Triplets is still in development
- See Ron Paul in the Atlas Shrugged Part 3 trailer
- The two Mockingjay films will have “distinct stories”
- Rumor has it Halloween: The Next Chapter is coming
Read More »
You’d think The Expendables producer Avi Lerner might look to certain names for his “all-female Expendables” offshoot film, which for now he’s calling The ExpendaBelles. Sigourney Weaver, maybe, or Linda Hamilton.
But he’s shooting for the moon, and he’s trying to get there on starship Streep. Yep, Lerner says he’s in talks with Meryl Streep to join his modern bacchae. Clearly he’s a fan of The Iron Lady, and probably Hope Springs. Read More »
Briefly: When Sylvester Stallone assembles an Expendables film, the biggest question isn’t really why the characters are going to be punching and shooting, but who will be doing the punching and shooting. Stallone and Jason Statham are givens at this point, and now we’ve got four more all-but-confirmed names for The Expendables 3.
Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich, most of whom have been rumored as cast members for a while, are now in “advanced negotiations” to appear, according to the CEO of Lionsgate. Stallone recently said he was looking for a “young Sigourney Weaver” for the film, which could be Jovovich’s role. Patrick Hughes (Red Hill) will direct. [Deadline]
Stay Classy…Atlanta? That’s where Anchorman: The Legend Continues is now shooting. Below, you can hear Steve Carell talking about it and even see some set photos of Will Ferrell and Christina Applegate. But that’s not all. After the jump, also read about the follow sequel bits:
- Wreck-It Ralph director Rich Moore spitballs a few ideas for a sequel.
- Vin Diesel posted a new photo from the upcoming Riddick.
- The logo for 300: Rise of an Empire has been revealed.
- Sony sets a release date for Resident Evil 6.
- Comedian Ben Schwartz jokes about doing ADR on Star Trek Into Darkness…
- …while composer Michael Giacchino tweets a photo of recording the score to J.J. Abrams’ film.
Read More »