Posted on Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 by Angie Han
There’s a little bit of everything in today’s batch, including a new trailer, new pics, some casting info, and some industry drama. After the jump:
- Laurence Fishburne is in talks for Bryan Fuller‘s Hannibal
- Check out the not-so-monstrous Mockingbird Lane cast
- NBC’s new offerings for the fall season will debut early online
- Flip through promo pics from Dexter‘s seventh season
- Watch Claire Danes go crazy in a new trailer for Homeland
- HBO picks up a pilot by UK Office co-creator Stephen Merchant
- Modern Family‘s contract negotiations delay production
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 by Angie Han
With construction already underway on its sets, NBC’s Munsters reboot Mockingbird Lane is moving a few last pieces into place for its main cast. Jerry O’Connell and Mariana Klaveno have just been cast as Herman and Lily Munster in the Bryan Fuller-created show, joining previously cast stars Eddie Izzard (Grandpa), Charity Wakefield (Marilyn), and Mason Cook (Eddie).
There is one big question mark hanging over the news, however — Klaveno’s involvement is contingent on her ability to work out a deal with ABC Studios, who has her contracted for its upcoming Marc Cherry soap Devious Maids. More details after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, May 24th, 2012 by Angie Han
The latest development in this sad Dan Harmon / Community saga is a leaked memo from NBC instructing the shows actors on how to handle the topic while speaking to the public. Honestly, it’s not so much that the note itself is unreasonable or dishonest, but that now it’ll be tough not to listen for these same talking points when we see Joel McHale or Alison Brie field questions about it on some late night talk show.
Happily, the rest of today’s TV Bits are a little more cheerful:
- NBC’s Mockingbird Lane casts a Spy Kid as its Eddie Munster
- HBO Zone announces a Game of Thrones Season 2 marathon
- Starz hopes you’ll tune in to its Spartacus marathon a few days later
- True Blood‘s new promo has lots of sex and violence
Read More »
Val Kilmer has been part of the Wyatt Earp story once before, playing Doc Holliday in Tombstone. (“I’m your huckleberry” should be a line etched into the brain of any western fan.)
Now he’s going back to the classic tale, and this time he’s playing Wyatt Earp, in the indie western The First Ride of Wyatt Earp. Read More »