Transformers: Age of Extinction star Mark Wahlberg won the “Generation Award” at Sunday’s 2014 MTV Movie Awards, and Paramount wisely used the occasion to push his latest film. Wahlberg is the star of Michael Bay‘s latest adventure about “robots in disguise,” and three new images and a TV spot have been revealed, all centering on the Oscar-nominee. Check out the new Mark Wahlberg Transformers 4 photos and TV spot below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, March 26th, 2014 by Angie Han
If I asked you to name the most iconic movie franchise of all time, would you say Transformers? Mark Wahlberg would — and he’s pretty sure the new one will be the biggest film of 2014. Also after the jump:
- Transformers 4 will use the Dolby Atmos sound system
- Ninja Turtles, Minions, and more are getting special 3D glasses
- Dwayne Johnson says Jon M. Chu won’t be back for G.I. Joe 3
- Lego Movie co-financer will not be asked back for the sequel
- Get updates on the Dark Crystal and Fraggle Rock movies
- Leland Orser, of Taken and Taken 2, will return for Taken 3
- Neal McDonough will be the bad guy in Paul Blart 2
- Jurassic World is looking for extras in Louisiana
Read More »
The Entourage movie doesn’t open for 15 months, but production is well underway. In fact, the film opens on the same day as Jurassic World, and Entourage will be in the can before director Colin Trevorrow shoots a foot of film on the dinosaur sequel.
The writer and director of Entourage, Doug Ellin, has been doing a pretty amazing job documenting the production via Instagram. He’s put up plenty of images of his principal cast – Adrian Grenier, Kevin Connolly, Jerry Ferrera, Kevin Dillon and Jeremy Piven – but also revealed a slew of cameos and plenty of returning stars who played key roles in the eight seasons of the hit HBO show.
Below, check out some Entourage set photos. Read More »
Finally, The Rock has come back to TV! Dwayne Johnson is quickly becoming one of the biggest action stars in the world, but he’ll soon put that aside to headline a new HBO show called Ballers. The half-hour dramedy follow a group of former and current football players and was just picked up to series. It’s being produced by its own all-star team including Mark Wahlberg, Peter Berg, who’ll direct the pilot, and Entourage‘s Stephen Levinson, who wrote the script. Read More »
Keanu Reeves is the star of this edition of Sequel Bits, talking about the latest in regards to Bill and Ted 3 and dismissing another film he was never involved in in the first place. Below, read about the following:
- Jon M. Chu hopes G.I. Joe 3 will shoot in 2014 and says Channing Tatum‘s return isn’t likely.
- Keanu Reeves says they’re looking for funding for Bill and Ted 3.
- Reeves also said he won’t appear in a Point Break remake.
- Check out three new character shots from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
- Mark Wahlberg gives some details on his character in Transformers: Age of Extinction.
Read More »
Briefly: American Horror Story has put all sorts of new heat on Jessica Lange, and now after long deal talks, the veteran actress has landed a role in the remake of The Gambler. She’ll play the mother of Mark Wahlberg’s central character, but as you might expect from Lange, this won’t be some meek caregiver gig. No, the character is described as “rich and ostentatious,” so we’ll probably get to see Lange have some fun.
Wahlberg plays the character originated by James Caan in the 1974 film of the same name, a college professor with a deep gambling addiction that really screws up his life and gets him into debt with the sort of people no one wants to owe money to. Rupert Wyatt is directing from a script by William Monahan, and Brie Lawson is also in film. [Deadline]
The real promo push for Transformers: Age of Extinction has started, even though the movie doesn’t open until June of next year. Empire recently debuted a cover featuring the new Optimus Prime and humans Mark Wahlberg, Jack Reynor, and Nicola Peltz. Now some other scans have come online. The best shot is the one above, in which Michael Bay menaces Peltz not with a green pitchfork, but with a stand-in for a robot arm.
More shots are below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, November 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
Whether you want to read Keanu Reeves‘ regrets about the (non-existent) Constantine sequel, Robert Englund‘s hopes for a (theoretical) Elm Street prequel, or Alfonso Cuaron‘s thoughts on the Harry Potter spinoff, there’s a little something for everyone here. Also after the jump:
- Gareth Evans breaks down the trailer for The Raid 2: Berandal
- Michael Bay hints at a big theme from Transformers 4
- Steven Spielberg gets a bit political while in Hawaii for Jurassic World
- See more pics of Vin Diesel on the set of Fast & Furious 7
- The 300: Rise of an Empire site offers new pics and footage
Read More »