There’s lots of Star Wars trivia, jokes and crazy fandom in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A conversation from July 1981 where George Lucas described the prequels, with a few differences.
- Electronic Arts plans to reveal their new Star Wars games at E3.
- Luke Skywalker’s pants from A New Hope sold for $36,000.
- J.J. Abrams promises include a Conan O’Brien Easter Egg in Star Wars Episode VII.
- The world’s largest Lego creation has been revealed, and it’s an X-Wing Fighter.
- A fake J.J. Abrams Star Wars Episode VII trailer plays with the mystery box.
- Awesome new Star Wars art is out next week from Acme Archives.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Some of the principals behind Star Wars Episode VII have been discussing the film recently, plus the resurgence has brought out a few new pieces of pop culture ephemera. Below, read about all this and more:
- Mark Hamill spoke about Star Wars Episode VII this weekend, confirming he’s had one creative meeting.
- Episode VII producer and spin-off writer Simon Kinberg talked about his film.
- Check out a gallery of 1138 behind the scenes photos from the Star Wars films.
- The BBC talked to J.J. Abrams about Episode VII.
- Watch videos of Abrams and his Star Trek Into Darkness cast talking about the new Star Wars film.
- Some of Timothy Zahn‘s Star Wars novels are becoming audio books.
- A black series Boba Fett with Han Solo in Carbonite is coming to San Diego Comic-Con.
- One fan built the Mos Eisley Cantina.
- Tons of stars such as Nicolas Cage and Sir Ben Kingsley give their thoughts on new Star Wars movies.
- J.J’s Place is a comic book blending Star Trek and Star Wars.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
Now that a director’s been locked in for Episode VII, the big question is who’ll get to star in it. And that’s what today’s Star Wars Bits is all about. After the jump:
- Disney CEO confirms the original trio is in talks to return
- Billy Dee Williams has also been asked to come back
- Warwick Davis is “definitely” looking to do more Star Wars
- New details revealed for Star Wars: First Assault game
- Eli Roth, JGL, Mila Kunis, Stanley Tucci and more weigh in
Read More »
Since Disney purchased Lucasfilm and announced the imminent creation of Star Wars Episode VII, we’ve heard a string of rumors suggesting that the film will feature the core cast of the original Star Wars trilogy. They might not be the primary characters, but they’ll be in there. At various times, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill have suggested that they’ll be back, and Harrison Ford‘s return to the role of Han Solo has been persistently rumored.
Now there’s a quote from George Lucas that doesn’t exactly confirm that the actors will be back for the new film(s), but at least explains where much of the talk came from in the first place. Read More »
Just like the rest of us, original Luke Skywalker Mark Hamill, is trying to find out about Star Wars Episode VII. He just can’t get a meeting.
In a new interview, Hamill said he had meetings planned with both producer Kathleen Kennedy and screenwriter Michael Ardnt, but both were forced to cancel. His understanding, though, is that they want him (and Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford, and maybe other actors) to appear in the J.J. Abrams directed sequel, but nothing has been signed yet.
Read his quotes and more below. Read More »
Another day, another edition of Star Wars Bits. This week’s biggest news, so far, is the rumor that not only is Harrison Ford returning for Star Wars Episode VII, but that Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill will too. Plus some combination of their kids (hopefully not Mark and Carrie’s) may be the protagonists of the film. Of course, this is about as good an educated guess as one could make considering all the facts, but now it comes from an actual source.
After the jump, read more about that as well as the following:
- The original Boba Fett, Jeremy Bulloch, is excited and willing to return in a Boba Fett spin-off or Episode VII.
- Check out footage from a cancelled Star Wars fighting video game.
- Director Bryan Singer thinks Nicholas Hoult would be a great young Han Solo.
- A new web series called Death Star PR has just launched.
- Olivia Munn reveals what she’d do to be in a Star Wars movie.
- Lego will soon release their most realistic looking X-Wing Fighter to date.
- A new photo of Carrie Fisher as Leia in the Return of the Jedi ”slave” costume has surfaced.
Read More »
There are two major pieces of Star Wars speculation out there today, followed but a bunch of smaller pieces. Hence this edition of Star Wars Bits, where you can read about the following:
- Promoting his latest movie Sushi Girl, Mark Hamill says he still isn’t sure if he’ll be back for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Corey Feldman throws his hat in the ring to play of Han Solo’s son.
- Samuel L. Jackson defends George Lucas and his Star Wars prequels.
- Angry Birds: Star Wars gets its first DLC this week: Hoth.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Less than a week after the bombshell that a new Star Wars movie is two and a half years away, the Internet has shifted into full on minutia-examination mode. Every single quote, angle and rumor is being overanalyzed. While the film world still tries to gets its head around this news, here are just a few of the most recent bits of news, rumors and more.
- Novelist Timothy Zahn discusses his novels and predictions for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch what Mark Hamill said about Episode VII almost 30 years ago.
- George Lucas talks his post LucasFilm filmmaking plans and if he’ll have an hand in choosing the director.
- How one U.S. state is already making their plea for Episode VII to shoot there.
- Rumors of storylines, a fourth trilogy and a director short list including Neill Blomkamp, Steven Spielberg, Matthew Vaughn & Alfonso Cuaron.
Read about all of it after the jump. Read More »