Star Wars Celebration Europe is underway in Germany, and the eyes of Star Wars fans across the globe will be on their Twitter feeds to see if the first convention after the big announcement of new films yields any major news. The head of Lucasfilm, Kathleen Kennedy, will make her first Celebration appearance and she’s bringing along many of the original trilogy’s major stars. In fact, so many of the Star Wars stars are on hand, they took a fantastic photo to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Star Wars Bits: J.J. Abrams Promises ‘Episode VII’ Easter Egg, George Lucas Talks Prequels in 1981, Lego X-Wing
Posted on Thursday, May 23rd, 2013 by Germain Lussier
There’s lots of Star Wars trivia, jokes and crazy fandom in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A conversation from July 1981 where George Lucas described the prequels, with a few differences.
- Electronic Arts plans to reveal their new Star Wars games at E3.
- Luke Skywalker’s pants from A New Hope sold for $36,000.
- J.J. Abrams promises include a Conan O’Brien Easter Egg in Star Wars Episode VII.
- The world’s largest Lego creation has been revealed, and it’s an X-Wing Fighter.
- A fake J.J. Abrams Star Wars Episode VII trailer plays with the mystery box.
- Awesome new Star Wars art is out next week from Acme Archives.
Star Wars Bits: Mark Hamill Talks ‘Episode VII,’ Plus Simon Kinberg, J.J. Abrams, Hundreds of BTS Photos, Comic-Con
Posted on Monday, May 6th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Some of the principals behind Star Wars Episode VII have been discussing the film recently, plus the resurgence has brought out a few new pieces of pop culture ephemera. Below, read about all this and more:
- Mark Hamill spoke about Star Wars Episode VII this weekend, confirming he’s had one creative meeting.
- Episode VII producer and spin-off writer Simon Kinberg talked about his film.
- Check out a gallery of 1138 behind the scenes photos from the Star Wars films.
- The BBC talked to J.J. Abrams about Episode VII.
- Watch videos of Abrams and his Star Trek Into Darkness cast talking about the new Star Wars film.
- Some of Timothy Zahn‘s Star Wars novels are becoming audio books.
- A black series Boba Fett with Han Solo in Carbonite is coming to San Diego Comic-Con.
- One fan built the Mos Eisley Cantina.
- Tons of stars such as Nicolas Cage and Sir Ben Kingsley give their thoughts on new Star Wars movies.
- J.J’s Place is a comic book blending Star Trek and Star Wars.
Now that a director’s been locked in for Episode VII, the big question is who’ll get to star in it. And that’s what today’s Star Wars Bits is all about. After the jump:
- Disney CEO confirms the original trio is in talks to return
- Billy Dee Williams has also been asked to come back
- Warwick Davis is “definitely” looking to do more Star Wars
- New details revealed for Star Wars: First Assault game
- Eli Roth, JGL, Mila Kunis, Stanley Tucci and more weigh in
Posted on Thursday, March 7th, 2013 by Russ Fischer
Since Disney purchased Lucasfilm and announced the imminent creation of Star Wars Episode VII, we’ve heard a string of rumors suggesting that the film will feature the core cast of the original Star Wars trilogy. They might not be the primary characters, but they’ll be in there. At various times, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill have suggested that they’ll be back, and Harrison Ford‘s return to the role of Han Solo has been persistently rumored.
Now there’s a quote from George Lucas that doesn’t exactly confirm that the actors will be back for the new film(s), but at least explains where much of the talk came from in the first place. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Just like the rest of us, original Luke Skywalker Mark Hamill, is trying to find out about Star Wars Episode VII. He just can’t get a meeting.
In a new interview, Hamill said he had meetings planned with both producer Kathleen Kennedy and screenwriter Michael Ardnt, but both were forced to cancel. His understanding, though, is that they want him (and Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford, and maybe other actors) to appear in the J.J. Abrams directed sequel, but nothing has been signed yet.
Read his quotes and more below. Read More »
Star Wars Bits: ‘Episode VII’ Will Star The Skywalker Kids, Plus Boba Fett, Lego X-Wing, Olivia Munn and Slave Leia
Posted on Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Another day, another edition of Star Wars Bits. This week’s biggest news, so far, is the rumor that not only is Harrison Ford returning for Star Wars Episode VII, but that Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill will too. Plus some combination of their kids (hopefully not Mark and Carrie’s) may be the protagonists of the film. Of course, this is about as good an educated guess as one could make considering all the facts, but now it comes from an actual source.
After the jump, read more about that as well as the following:
- The original Boba Fett, Jeremy Bulloch, is excited and willing to return in a Boba Fett spin-off or Episode VII.
- Check out footage from a cancelled Star Wars fighting video game.
- Director Bryan Singer thinks Nicholas Hoult would be a great young Han Solo.
- A new web series called Death Star PR has just launched.
- Olivia Munn reveals what she’d do to be in a Star Wars movie.
- Lego will soon release their most realistic looking X-Wing Fighter to date.
- A new photo of Carrie Fisher as Leia in the Return of the Jedi ”slave” costume has surfaced.
Star Wars Bits: Mark Hamill Talks Episode VII, Corey Feldman Wants Solo Son Role, Sam Jackson Defends Prequels, Angry Birds Find Hoth
Posted on Wednesday, November 28th, 2012 by Germain Lussier
- Promoting his latest movie Sushi Girl, Mark Hamill says he still isn’t sure if he’ll be back for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Corey Feldman throws his hat in the ring to play of Han Solo’s son.
- Samuel L. Jackson defends George Lucas and his Star Wars prequels.
- Angry Birds: Star Wars gets its first DLC this week: Hoth.