Since Disney purchased Lucasfilm and announced the imminent creation of Star Wars Episode VII, we’ve heard a string of rumors suggesting that the film will feature the core cast of the original Star Wars trilogy. They might not be the primary characters, but they’ll be in there. At various times, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill have suggested that they’ll be back, and Harrison Ford‘s return to the role of Han Solo has been persistently rumored.
Now there’s a quote from George Lucas that doesn’t exactly confirm that the actors will be back for the new film(s), but at least explains where much of the talk came from in the first place. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Just like the rest of us, original Luke Skywalker Mark Hamill, is trying to find out about Star Wars Episode VII. He just can’t get a meeting.
In a new interview, Hamill said he had meetings planned with both producer Kathleen Kennedy and screenwriter Michael Ardnt, but both were forced to cancel. His understanding, though, is that they want him (and Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford, and maybe other actors) to appear in the J.J. Abrams directed sequel, but nothing has been signed yet.
Read his quotes and more below. Read More »
Another day, another edition of Star Wars Bits. This week’s biggest news, so far, is the rumor that not only is Harrison Ford returning for Star Wars Episode VII, but that Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill will too. Plus some combination of their kids (hopefully not Mark and Carrie’s) may be the protagonists of the film. Of course, this is about as good an educated guess as one could make considering all the facts, but now it comes from an actual source.
After the jump, read more about that as well as the following:
- The original Boba Fett, Jeremy Bulloch, is excited and willing to return in a Boba Fett spin-off or Episode VII.
- Check out footage from a cancelled Star Wars fighting video game.
- Director Bryan Singer thinks Nicholas Hoult would be a great young Han Solo.
- A new web series called Death Star PR has just launched.
- Olivia Munn reveals what she’d do to be in a Star Wars movie.
- Lego will soon release their most realistic looking X-Wing Fighter to date.
- A new photo of Carrie Fisher as Leia in the Return of the Jedi ”slave” costume has surfaced.
Read More »
There are two major pieces of Star Wars speculation out there today, followed but a bunch of smaller pieces. Hence this edition of Star Wars Bits, where you can read about the following:
- Promoting his latest movie Sushi Girl, Mark Hamill says he still isn’t sure if he’ll be back for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Corey Feldman throws his hat in the ring to play of Han Solo’s son.
- Samuel L. Jackson defends George Lucas and his Star Wars prequels.
- Angry Birds: Star Wars gets its first DLC this week: Hoth.
Read More »
Less than a week after the bombshell that a new Star Wars movie is two and a half years away, the Internet has shifted into full on minutia-examination mode. Every single quote, angle and rumor is being overanalyzed. While the film world still tries to gets its head around this news, here are just a few of the most recent bits of news, rumors and more.
- Novelist Timothy Zahn discusses his novels and predictions for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch what Mark Hamill said about Episode VII almost 30 years ago.
- George Lucas talks his post LucasFilm filmmaking plans and if he’ll have an hand in choosing the director.
- How one U.S. state is already making their plea for Episode VII to shoot there.
- Rumors of storylines, a fourth trilogy and a director short list including Neill Blomkamp, Steven Spielberg, Matthew Vaughn & Alfonso Cuaron.
Read about all of it after the jump. Read More »
What superheroes did Dwayne Johnson and Patton Oswalt dress up as for Halloween? Has one of the Phase 2 villains already been confirmed for The Avengers 2? Which Star Wars actor will appear in Mark Millar’s The Secret Service? Who is on set for the final day of shooting on Iron Man 3? Want to see some behind the scenes footage from The Goon? Can the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles still get you a discount at Pizza Hut? Read about all of this and more in today’s Superhero Bits:. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 by Angie Han
All it takes to get a movie rumor started in this day and age is one individual slipping the barest hint within shouting distance of a smartphone, especially if the news in question happens to be particularly juicy. So in that light, Mark Hamill definitely deserves credit for knowing how to keep his mouth shut.
It turns out the former Luke Skywalker and his on-screen sis Carrie Fisher have actually known about the new Star Wars trilogy since last year, when they got word from George Lucas himself. Hamill was, however, as surprised as anyone to hear about Lucasfilm’s sale to Disney. Hit the jump to read more and get his thoughts on the deal.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Want to see the best look yet at Hulk from The Avengers? How about some fan made concept art from The Incredibles 2? Did Gary Oldman actually lose his script to The Dark Knight Rises? To which director did Michael Shannon compare his Man of Steel helmer Zack Snyder? Which actor might already be cast in a new Mark Millar movie? Would you like to read the first few pages of Avengers vs. X-Men or the entire Avengers prequel comic? Read about all of this and much more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »