If Samuel L. Jackson can tell the world Elizabeth Olsen is in Avengers: Age of Ultron, maybe he can also tell us Mark Hamill isn’t in Star Wars Episode VII. Though the actor who portrayed Luke Skywalker has reportedly been working out for a likely return to the series, Jackson spoke to him recently and Hamill told him director J.J. Abrams has not been in touch. Ewan McGregor, who played Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Star Wars prequels, said the same thing to Jackson. Neither has had a phone call from the film’s writer, director and producer.
Does that mean there’s a chance Luke Skywalker isn’t in Star Wars Episode VII? Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
October marks the one-year anniversary of Disney purchasing Lucasfilm and announcing that new Star Wars films are on the way. In that year, there have been some official announcements, but those halted early this summer. We know director J.J. Abrams is hard at work prepping Star Wars Episode VII. Actors are revealing they’ve tried out for the film, and yet fans still wait with baited breath for some acknowledgement of their craving for official news.
Now, several different sources are saying this month, maybe as soon as this week, could bring official news regarding Episode VII. How, when, where and what could it be? Below, we’ll run the rumors down along with info regarding Donald Faison and Topher Grace. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, September 19th, 2013 by Angie Han
Jonathan Rhys-Meyers dismisses the Episode VII talk, while Mark Hamill all but confirms his casting by hitting the gym. Also after the jump:
- Star Wars Rebels will drop by New York Comic-Con
- See a trailer for Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force
- Steve Sansweet‘s Rancho Obi-Wan sets a Guinness record
- A “lost” short with Star Wars ties will return to the screen
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 28th, 2013 by Angie Han
What’s that in the header image? Why, it’s Luke Skywalker — well, Mark Hamill — catching up with his old buddy the Rancor. See the full-sized version after the jump. Also below:
- So where is Episode VII going to shoot?
- And when is filming supposed to start?
- New book Kenobi delves into Obi-Wan’s past
Read More »
Star Wars Celebration Europe is underway in Germany, and the eyes of Star Wars fans across the globe will be on their Twitter feeds to see if the first convention after the big announcement of new films yields any major news. The head of Lucasfilm, Kathleen Kennedy, will make her first Celebration appearance and she’s bringing along many of the original trilogy’s major stars. In fact, so many of the Star Wars stars are on hand, they took a fantastic photo to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi. Read More »
There’s lots of Star Wars trivia, jokes and crazy fandom in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A conversation from July 1981 where George Lucas described the prequels, with a few differences.
- Electronic Arts plans to reveal their new Star Wars games at E3.
- Luke Skywalker’s pants from A New Hope sold for $36,000.
- J.J. Abrams promises include a Conan O’Brien Easter Egg in Star Wars Episode VII.
- The world’s largest Lego creation has been revealed, and it’s an X-Wing Fighter.
- A fake J.J. Abrams Star Wars Episode VII trailer plays with the mystery box.
- Awesome new Star Wars art is out next week from Acme Archives.
Read More »
Some of the principals behind Star Wars Episode VII have been discussing the film recently, plus the resurgence has brought out a few new pieces of pop culture ephemera. Below, read about all this and more:
- Mark Hamill spoke about Star Wars Episode VII this weekend, confirming he’s had one creative meeting.
- Episode VII producer and spin-off writer Simon Kinberg talked about his film.
- Check out a gallery of 1138 behind the scenes photos from the Star Wars films.
- The BBC talked to J.J. Abrams about Episode VII.
- Watch videos of Abrams and his Star Trek Into Darkness cast talking about the new Star Wars film.
- Some of Timothy Zahn‘s Star Wars novels are becoming audio books.
- A black series Boba Fett with Han Solo in Carbonite is coming to San Diego Comic-Con.
- One fan built the Mos Eisley Cantina.
- Tons of stars such as Nicolas Cage and Sir Ben Kingsley give their thoughts on new Star Wars movies.
- J.J’s Place is a comic book blending Star Trek and Star Wars.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
Now that a director’s been locked in for Episode VII, the big question is who’ll get to star in it. And that’s what today’s Star Wars Bits is all about. After the jump:
- Disney CEO confirms the original trio is in talks to return
- Billy Dee Williams has also been asked to come back
- Warwick Davis is “definitely” looking to do more Star Wars
- New details revealed for Star Wars: First Assault game
- Eli Roth, JGL, Mila Kunis, Stanley Tucci and more weigh in
Read More »