Lucky for us, Mark Hamill has a lot of other things going on besides returning to Star Wars. It means there’s plenty of opportunities to ask him about Star Wars! The actor recently completed shooting on J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars: The Force Awakens and gushed about how it made him feel to see such a huge reaction to the first trailer. Now, in yet another interview, Luke Skywalker himself talked about how he did not like growing a beard for the new film but how much he loved playing with the new droid BB-8. And yes, that droid is a practical effect.
He also talked about being hesitant to come back and surprised at Harrison Ford‘s enthusiasm. There are really some great quotes here, so check them out below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
You’ve got to love the reverence the producers of CW’s new hit, The Flash, have for the original show. That original show, which ran only one season in 1990, starred John Wesley Shipp as the super-fast DC hero. When CW revived the show as part of the DC TV Universe, they cast Shipp as the father of the 2014 Flash, played by Grant Gustin.
Now, another cast member from the original series is returning too, and he’s fresh off a stint in a galaxy far, far away. Mark Hamill, who played the Trickster in a few episodes of the original show, is reprising that role in the 17th episode of the first season. Read more about the Mark Hamill Trickster casting below. Read More »
We loved the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer, and have already over analyzed and talked about it at length elsewhere on the site. But as I thought more about the trailer, I realized that the teaser was missing a few key elements that most people would have expected. Note: these are not complaints, only observations. What is Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer missing? Find out after the jump.
Read More »
The second we heard Matthew Vaughn was doing a new Mark Millar comic book movie, we got excited. With each new piece of information, that interest continues to build. Now, Kingsman The Secret Service is entering the final stages of its marketing leading up to a February 13 release and word on the film continues to build. Not only is there a brand new trailer for the film, which stars Colin Firth as a dapper secret agent training a new recruit, we’ve got some evocative characters posters as well featuring Firth, Samuel L. Jackson and a cute pug named Jack Bauer. Check it all out below. Read More »
Today’s Star Wars Bits is short, but sweet and loaded with potential spoilers. If they’re true. Some very intriguing rumors have surfaced including:
- Learn more about the role of Luke Skywalker in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Read a possible description of a key droid in Episode VII.
- We may have an idea of the sequence of events shot in Abu Dhabi.
- Two potential outfits for Daisy Ridley‘s character are described.
Read More »
Lots of awesome Episode VII talk highlights this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Some fun rumors pop up about Episode VII cameos for Simon Pegg, Benedict Cumberbatch and the role of Warwick Davis.
- A full, rumored scene is described as well as a hint at the film’s opening.
- Read some news and see some photos from the Star Wars Episode VII wrap party.
- Mark Hamill has shaved his Star Wars Episode VII beard.
- Actress Christina Chong talks working on Episode VII.
- An upcoming book will reveal a new Episode VII ship.
- Does concept art highlight changes made from the Michael Arndt script to the J.J. Abrams/Lawrence Kasdan one?
- Peter Jackson also visited the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- See the Hot Toys Stormtrooper figures.
- An official Star Wars costume exhibit has been announced.
Read More »
This is a jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. We’ve got real Star Wars Episode VII news, rumors, toy information, book excerpts, and even mobile game updates. Below, read about the following.
- John Williams will start working on Star Wars Episode VII in two weeks.
- Read about some of the work Phil Tippett might be doing on Episode VII.
- Oscar Isaac has finished his work on Star Wars Episode VII.
- See Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher hit the town together.
- Read the ominious opening crawl of the new novel Tarkin.
- Star Wars authors can still use Expanded Universe bits.
- A new creature from Star Wars Episode VII is described.
- Some mysterious new characters are revealed in latest Star Wars Lego images.
- Watch a video of the new Lego Slave 1.
- Star Wars mobile game Tiny Death Star has been taken off line while Angry Birds gets a Star Wars Rebels update.
- Possible descriptions of Han Solo‘s outfits in Star Wars Episode VII.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Some very cool Star Wars Episode VII set photos have been taken, and some very interesting rumors and lots of cool trivia have all shown up online. Below, read about the following.
- A new kind of X-Wing Fighter was spotted by drones flying over the Star Wars Episode VII set.
- Photos of Star Wars extras, in costume, have been taken from a great distance.
- Simon Pegg‘s daughter inspired J.J. Abrams and “saved Star Wars.”
- Hasbro has begun working on Episode VII toys.
- Read how Marvel’s success helped speed up Star Wars.
- What is Daisy Ridley‘s character name in Star Wars Episode VII?
- Star Wars is taking over Subway and your college football games.
- Some intriguing new rumors about Luke Skywalker‘s story in Star Wars Episode VII.
Read More »