February 2014 is here and we still don’t have official news on Star Wars Episode VII. What we do have is Star Wars Bits, lots of tiny pieces of news to tide us over before the big stuff hits. In this edition read about the following:
- Zac Efron confirmed he did take a meeting about Star Wars Episode VII.
- Billy Dee Williams talks about the Star Wars legacy, and whether he’d come back for a new one.
- Check out great images of the Star Wars Rebels Lego sets.
- A rumor has begun to swirl that the Star Wars spinoff films will be delayed.
- Check out a list of upcoming Star Wars Rebels books.
- Star Wars Angry Birds II is getting a “Carbonite” update this week.
- Legendary effects man Phil Tippett isn’t sure if he’ll work on Star Wars Episode VII.
- Mark Hamill looks and sounds fit in a new promo for a charity contest.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, January 23rd, 2014 by Angie Han
Mark Hamill still won’t confirm his Star Wars Episode VII casting, but he doesn’t have to because Carrie Fisher has already done it for him. Also after the jump:
- Judi Dench is the latest actor hit with Episode VII rumors
- The Boba Fett spinoff may change a few things from Episode II
- Animation on the first episode of Star Wars Rebels is complete
- Disney doesn’t have the Star Wars 1313 trademark anymore
- Here’s how to win a trip Skywalker Ranch and help Make-A-Wish
Read More »
How about some juicy Star Wars rumors for your weekend? These come from The Hollywood Reporter, who say much has changed with Star Wars Episode VII since original screenwriter Michael Arndt left the project last year. Reportedly Arndt wanted the film to focus on the offspring of the original trilogy characters (Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo) while director J.J. Abrams wanted Episode VII to focus on those characters, keeping the offspring in the background until Episode VIII and Episode IX.
Meanwhile, while this shake up was going on, Abrams continued to take meetings with all kinds of actors. Pretty much anyone that’s previously been reported (Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael B. Jordan, etc.) took a meeting as well as new names Michael Fassbender, Adam Driver and Hugo Weaving. Read More »
If Samuel L. Jackson can tell the world Elizabeth Olsen is in Avengers: Age of Ultron, maybe he can also tell us Mark Hamill isn’t in Star Wars Episode VII. Though the actor who portrayed Luke Skywalker has reportedly been working out for a likely return to the series, Jackson spoke to him recently and Hamill told him director J.J. Abrams has not been in touch. Ewan McGregor, who played Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Star Wars prequels, said the same thing to Jackson. Neither has had a phone call from the film’s writer, director and producer.
Does that mean there’s a chance Luke Skywalker isn’t in Star Wars Episode VII? Read More »
October marks the one-year anniversary of Disney purchasing Lucasfilm and announcing that new Star Wars films are on the way. In that year, there have been some official announcements, but those halted early this summer. We know director J.J. Abrams is hard at work prepping Star Wars Episode VII. Actors are revealing they’ve tried out for the film, and yet fans still wait with baited breath for some acknowledgement of their craving for official news.
Now, several different sources are saying this month, maybe as soon as this week, could bring official news regarding Episode VII. How, when, where and what could it be? Below, we’ll run the rumors down along with info regarding Donald Faison and Topher Grace. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, September 19th, 2013 by Angie Han
Jonathan Rhys-Meyers dismisses the Episode VII talk, while Mark Hamill all but confirms his casting by hitting the gym. Also after the jump:
- Star Wars Rebels will drop by New York Comic-Con
- See a trailer for Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force
- Steve Sansweet‘s Rancho Obi-Wan sets a Guinness record
- A “lost” short with Star Wars ties will return to the screen
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 28th, 2013 by Angie Han
What’s that in the header image? Why, it’s Luke Skywalker — well, Mark Hamill — catching up with his old buddy the Rancor. See the full-sized version after the jump. Also below:
- So where is Episode VII going to shoot?
- And when is filming supposed to start?
- New book Kenobi delves into Obi-Wan’s past
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Star Wars Celebration Europe is underway in Germany, and the eyes of Star Wars fans across the globe will be on their Twitter feeds to see if the first convention after the big announcement of new films yields any major news. The head of Lucasfilm, Kathleen Kennedy, will make her first Celebration appearance and she’s bringing along many of the original trilogy’s major stars. In fact, so many of the Star Wars stars are on hand, they took a fantastic photo to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi. Read More »