Posted on Tuesday, March 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s gonna be a great spring for TV lovers, with the returns of Game of Thrones and Mad Men just around the corner and Louis CK‘s new standup special waiting in the wings. Watch trailers for all three after the jump. Also:
- Damian Lewis talks Carrie and Brody’s future
- Look for cameos and references in Hannibal
- Seth Green also joins Seth MacFarlane‘s pilot
- Will Seth Meyers replace Jimmy Fallon?
- Cougar Town gets renewed for a fifth season
- TNT sets a return date for Falling Skies
- Mattel is working on UNO: The Game Show
- Bryan Cranston‘s Breaking Bad script gets stolen
- See new images from Eli Roth‘s Hemlock Grove
- Watch the first 14 minutes of TNT’s Defiance
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
What does it take to generate new interest in a property as well-worn as the Hannibal Lecter story sequence from novelist Thomas Harris? For the new TV show Hannibal, in which producer Bryan Fuller charts the early days of the working relationship between FBI profiler Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) and Lecter, a few things are obvious parts of the approach.
The cast is on. In addition to Dancy there’s the attention-getting choice of Mads Mikkelsen (Pusher, Casino Royale) as Lecter, with the addition of Laurence Fishburne, Gina Torres, Gillian Anderson, Eddie Izzard and Ellen Greene, with Caroline Dhavernas and Lance Henriksen.
And then there’s Fuller’s style, which oozes from this first full trailer. His weird American Gothic approach looks very much like a good fit for this story. We’ve seen the Lecter story told exhaustively on film (in Manhunter, The Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, Hannibal Rising, and the Manhunter remake Red Dragon) but visually, at least, this version seems to go in a new direction. And while the story lends itself to the old procedural format that is so familiar from innumerable TV shows, that visual style helps Hannibal stand out.
Check out the trailer below. Read More »
Posted on Monday, February 18th, 2013 by Angie Han
Bryan Fuller‘s Munsters reboot Mockingbird Lane didn’t quite work out as planned, but luckily for his fans NBC has another macabre project from him ready to go.
Hannibal follows Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) and Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen) in their early days — back before the FBI profiler knew that the famed psychiatrist was actually a cannibalistic killer. Watch the first trailer after the jump.
Read More »
In terms of message, there isn’t really much to The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman. It’s a film about love and the trials and tribulations we endure for it. Which, in a way, is pretty much the theme of half the movies ever made. What makes the film so entertaining is that it’s kind of insane. Shia LaBeouf plays the title character, who ignores society and goes on a seat of his pants adventure across Bucharest, embracing every impulse and never knowing what’s coming next. The audience can probably see what’s coming next, but getting there is a wild, frivolous ride.
Making his feature film debut, commercial director Fredrik Bond has made a visually impressive, thematically pointless joyride tainted with drugs and blood. And if that sounds like your kind of thing, you’ll love The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, November 1st, 2012 by Angie Han
Hit the jump for a mixed bag of small screen odds and ends, including:
- See more pics of Mad Mikkelsen in Hannibal
- NBC announces some other midseason premieres
- Sandy has not delayed Louis CK‘s SNL appearance
- Anne Hathaway and Jeremy Renner will host SNL
- The Gallaghers are Shameless as ever in the new teaser
- Did you know Ben Affleck almost directed Homeland?
- Now Nicholas Sparks is getting into the TV game
- FX’s Wilfred gets renewed, switches showrunners
- FNL‘s Peter Berg is developing a Greek god drama
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, October 25th, 2012 by Angie Han
Anthony Hopkins may be the most famous Hannibal Lecter of them all, but he’s far from the only one. And in the months to come, we’ll be getting yet another. Mads Mikkelsen will be the latest to tackle pop culture’s most beloved cannibal in NBC’s Hannibal, from Dead Like Me and Pushing Daisies creator Bryan Fuller.
So how does he stack up? See for yourself in a new batch of photos from the set, which also feature Hugh Dancy as FBI agent Will Graham, and Laurence Fishburne as his boss Jack Crawford.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 by Angie Han
There’s a little bit of everything in today’s batch, including a new trailer, new pics, some casting info, and some industry drama. After the jump:
- Laurence Fishburne is in talks for Bryan Fuller‘s Hannibal
- Check out the not-so-monstrous Mockingbird Lane cast
- NBC’s new offerings for the fall season will debut early online
- Flip through promo pics from Dexter‘s seventh season
- Watch Claire Danes go crazy in a new trailer for Homeland
- HBO picks up a pilot by UK Office co-creator Stephen Merchant
- Modern Family‘s contract negotiations delay production
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Briefly: The exciting word that came out not long ago about Thor 2 was that the new villain Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has promised for the film would be played by Mads Mikkelsen (Casino Royale, Pusher, Valhalla Rising). But then Mikkelsen was also cast as Hannibal Lecter in Bryan Fuller’s new show Hannibal, and we wondered how the possibly conflicting schedules would work out. As it turns out, they won’t. Due to his Hannibal commitments, Mikkelsen had to pass on Thor 2. Read More »