Posted on Tuesday, September 29th, 2015 by Angie Han
What has Mads Mikkelsen heard about Doctor Strange? Which Jessica Jones character has reported to the Luke Cage set? Want a first look at Lash from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Could Warner Bros. make more Batman games? Which superhero (besides Falcon) does Anthony Mackie want to play? Was Marvel ever considering another Daredevil movie? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, September 23rd, 2015 by Angie Han
Even as we wait to find out exactly why Episode VII made John Boyega all emotional, production is in full force for Episode VIII and Rogue One. After the jump:
- R2-D2 tries to find love in an adorable short film
- A Stormtrooper helmet from A New Hope is up for auction
- The Star Wars and the Power of Costume exhibit might hit NYC
- Are a Clone Wars Legacy story reel and comic coming in 2016?
- John Boyega cried when he read the Episode VII script
- The debate over whether Luke is the last Jedi continues
- A Rogue One actor reports for duty on the Iceland shoot
- New reports surface about Daisy Ridley‘s role in Episode VIII
Read More »
Considering the fact that Star Wars: The Force Awakens is still over three months away, it’s no surprise that a lot of details on Star Wars: Rogue One are still sparse, despite production being underway right now across the pond. But one particular detail may have just come to light.
A fan attending FanExpo this past weekend was able to get Mads Mikkelsen to sign a poster, and in addition to the actor’s autograph, the Hannibal star also put another word in quotations. Some have come to believe it’s a character name belonging to the Mads Mikkelsen Star Wars character. Read More »
Hannibal may be ending, as the canceled NBC show failed to secure a new home for a fourth season, but the show’s star, Mads Mikkelsen, isn’t going to disappear. Quite the opposite, in fact.
Mikkelsen was recently announced as part of the Star Wars: Rogue One cast, and now he’s in talks to play one of the villains in Marvel’s Doctor Strange. Wait, one of the villains? We know that Chiwetel Ejiofor is playing Baron Mordo, one of Strange’s classic villains, so what could the Mads Mikkelsen Doctor Strange role be? Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits, we taker a look at the following items:
- Details on Mads Mikkelsen Role in Star Wars: Rogue One.
- How many X-Wing Squadrons can we expect in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- An official description of the Star Wars Launch Bay exhibit space being added to Disneyland.
- How Boba Fett will be used in Star Wars Battlefront.
- How big is a Super Star Destroyer? Is it bigger than Manhattan?
- How will Target handle Force Friday?
- Poster Posse is teaming with ACME Archives and LucasFilm for an official Star Wars art show.
- And above is a fan design for a LucasLand theme park. While its not what Disney’s Star Wars Land is going to look like, I thought it would be fun to feature.
All this and more. Hit the jump to go to hyperspeed.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Saturday, August 15th, 2015 by Angie Han
Gareth Edwards‘ Star Wars: Rogue One is still over a year away, but thanks to D23 we have a tantalizing taste of the upcoming film today.
Read More »
I’m so thankful for Mads Mikkelsen. He can make serious films, and take big genre stuff like Hannibal as seriously as anything else, and then he can make a really weird-looking movie like Men & Chicken, a Danish comedy that will have its North American premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival.
The first English-subbed Men & Chicken trailer is here via TIFF, and it shows Mikkelsen as a troubled and guy who, with his half-brother, journeys to an island sanitarium to meet their real father. There, they encounter three other guys who may be additional half-brothers. All bear the same distinctive harelip, and all are a bit, uh, quirky. Have a look at the trailer below. Read More »
It is probably too much to expect that a streaming service will swoop in to save Hannibal. We know Netflix is out, thanks to deals with other companies. Amazon already has streaming rights to the first three seasons (the first two are streaming now, the third eventually will be, after broadcast) seems like the most likely home. In fact, that Amazon deal may make Amazon nearly the only possible contender. And with NBC out of the picture, even that deal will be complicated.
Now contracts for leads Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen have expired. That means they’re free agents, which means that a fourth season for Hannibal would involve negotiating new contracts, making things even more complex. Read More »
Hannibal returns for a third season beginning on June 4, and with just a couple weeks left before the new season premiere we’ve got a long new Hannibal Season 3 promo that teases a bunch of new developments in the show. This promo features the major cast members explaining some of where the characters are now, and what’s different this year. “Season three is like a blank slate” says Caroline Dhavernas, who plays Alana Bloom.
There’s also the promise of the arrival of a familiar character, Francis Dolarhyde, played by Richard Armitage, who we see in this video.
Note: If you haven’t seen the second season of Hannibal and are planning to, what follows may feature a few spoilers. (But that’s been the case for all of this season’s promos so far.) Read More »