There’s a lot of sequel casting and development to report today, and so after the break you’ll find:
- Michelle Rodriguez will return for Machete Kills and Fast and Furious 6
- Vin Diesel is teasing further Riddick sequel news
- Steve Coogan is cast in Despicable Me 2
- Eddie Izzard suggests there could be more Treasure Island in his future
- Eva Green talks about her role in the 300 prequel
- Wrong Turn 5 begins shooting
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Lots of hypothetical films in various stages of development make up the bulk of this edition of Sequel Bits. Hit the jump to read about the following:
- Chris Hemsworth talks more about how Thor 2 will be more real, Stellan Skarsgard hopes to return.
- Empire Magazine has a bunch of new photos from Skyfall.
- Beetlejuice 2 will likely deal with modern issues.
- Olivia Wilde says Quorra in Tron 3 would be like the mermaid in Splash.
- Joss Whedon‘s experience on The Avengers means he’d be intersted in directing the sequel.
- Chrisopher Mintz-Plasse is tweeting about Kick-Ass 2.
- Star Trek 2 is just about done shooting in Los Angeles and moving to another location.
- Robert Rodriguez will likely direct all of Machete Kills himself, even if it happens at the same time as Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
Read More »
We don’t know just what role he’ll be playing, but Robert Rodriguez is close to landing Mel Gibson for a supporting role in the sequel Machete Kills. Gibson was recently revealed as a wishlist actor for Rodriguez, who is assembling the cast for an action film that sees Machete working for the US Government. Now the actor is in real talks for the film, which will shoot later this year. Read More »
Posted on Friday, April 13th, 2012 by Angie Han
Yesterday’s big news was that Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller’s long-promised Sin City sequel was on its way, but that’s actually just one of two sequels Rodriguez has in the works. The filmmaker is also prepping for Machete Kills, the sequel to his 2010 thriller Machete, and is in the process of looking for fresh blood to join returning star Danny Trejo. Among the names reportedly being courted are Mel Gibson and Michelle Williams. More after the jump.
Read More »
Robert Rodriguez may originally be from San Antonio, but Austin, TX has been his private and professional home for many years. So an appearance at the SXSW festival is to be expected, and Rodriguez did indeed show up at the film and interactive portion of the fest to talk about his upcoming projects.
Some of the filmmaker’s talk, in an extended interview, turned to his plans for the upcoming El Rey network, of which we told you not long ago. But he also dished out some plot details on Machete Kills, and said that Sin City 2 will likely shoot right on the heels of his Machete sequel. Finally, there is news that a 3D re-release of From Dusk Till Dawn is headed our way. Read More »
The sequel news never stops and we’re here to report it all. After the jump, read more about the following:
- Bruce Greenwood is happy with how Christopher Pike is being handled in Star Trek 2.
- A teaser image for Robert Rodriguez‘s Machete Kills appeared at the European Film Market.
- John Carter 2 was being written two years ago when John Carter was being shot.
- George Lucas Says He Should Be Working On Indiana Jones 5.
Read More »
The end credits on the Robert Rodriguez film Machete made a big promise: “Machete Will Return in Machete Kills and Machete Kills Again!” The first sequel has been the subject of speculation ever since the 2010 release of Machete, and now it is financed and getting ready to shoot.
Producer Alexander Rodnyansky is behind the film, which Rodriguez will direct based on a script by Kyle Ward. Danny Trejo and other cast members who play characters that survived Machete are all in talks to return, and the film might shoot as soon as April of this year. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
When Robert Rodriguez hit the Hall H stage at San Diego Comic-Con 2011 on Thursday, he came with both barrels loaded. And a lot of extra ammunition. You’ve already read that he’s now going to attempt to make a Heavy Metal movie plus he offered updated on several other projects including:
- Machete Kills
- Machete Kills Again In Space (I’m not kidding.)
- Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill For
- Frank Frazetta’s Fire & Ice
Read about all of these after the jump. Read More »