Briefly: People are getting rightfully excited for the September 29th return of Kenny Effing Powers on the final season of Eastbound and Down. Now, the show is adding at least one surprising cast member that’s sure to turn some heads. Lindsay Lohan has just signed to play a small but important role on the show. Who she plays could be a pretty big spoiler so we’ll reveal it after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Monday, April 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
There’s a lot to look at in today’s Sequel Bits, including concept art for G.I. Joe: Retaliation and a bloody new image from The Raid 2: Berandal. Also after the jump:
- Director offers status update and possible title for Tron 3
- John Cusack may be back for Hot Tub Time Machine 2 this summer
- Transformers 4 will shoot in May; is Shia LaBeouf returning?
- Producer says a G.I. Joe / Transformers crossover is “possible”
- Lindsay Lohan parodies herself in a Scary Movie 5 image
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
HBO’s other big spring premiere, Veep, debuts a new teaser today. Also after the jump:
- Gillian Anderson, Ken Jeong, Jorge Garcia, and more land new series
- Lindsay Lohan will woo Charlie Sheen on Anger Management
- Kathy Bates will face down Jessica Lange in American Horror Story
- Ben Stiller returns to Arrested Development; Netflix hopes for more seasons
- TBS hopes to be king of the nerds by renewing King of the Nerds
- Web comic Achewood is being turned into a TV series
- NBC releases a series of character posters for Hannibal
Read More »
Posted on Friday, February 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
So far, the scariest thing about Paranormal Activity 5 may be how little anyone involved with it claims to know about it. We are talking about a movie that’s due out in just under nine months. After the jump:
- Katie Featherston and Oren Peli talk Paranormal Activity 5
- No, Linday Lohan will not be reprising her role for Machete Kills
- Steven Spielberg says George Lucas still plans to do Indiana Jones 5
- Sylvester Stallone is joking about wanting Bill Clinton for Expendables 3, right?
- Judd Apatow considers another Knocked Up spinoff, this time about the kids
- Andy Muschietti does not think there should be a Mama 2
- Check out a sunny set photo from Insidious Chapter 2
Read More »
I feel like the team behind The Canyons is just playing with us at this point — can the movie really be as lifeless as the teasers indicate? Is the listless acting part of the point, and meant to be some comment about the lives of the rich and idle in southern California?
Written by Bret Easton Ellis (Less Than Zero, American Psycho) and directed by Paul Schrader (Taxi Driver, Cat People), the film features Lindsay Lohan and porn star James Deen, among others, in a story that appears to be focused on sex, desire and power. The trailer IDs all the major players in the film without doing much to explain what they’re all doing beyond having sex with one another, perhaps illicitly.
Check out the teaser, which is not safe for work due to language, below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 by Angie Han
Paul Schrader and Bret Easton Ellis‘ The Canyons was never going for subtlety or elegance, and the marketing seems to be having some fun playing up that fact. The first trailer was cut to mimic grindhouse and exploitation movies of the ’70s, whereas the latest one has been done up like black-and-white ’50s pulp. No indication yet on what style the actual movie will take — presumably it’ll be something a bit more contemporary — but for now we can give them kudos for trying something a little different with the teasers.
What we might not be able to give them credit for, if these trailers are any indication, is making a good movie. All the cheeky wink-winks can’t cover up the fact that The Canyons looks genuinely terrible. Perhaps we should’ve expected that when Schrader and Ellis cast porn star James Deen and the notoriously troubled Lindsay Lohan as the leads. Watch the trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Has Paul Schrader created a film that might have played at a theater his defining character Travis Bickle might have visited in Taxi Driver? Schrader directs The Canyons, written by Bret Eason Ellis and starring Lindsay Lohan and porn star James Deen. The first real trailer for the film is cut in a style meant to mimic classic exploitation or grind house style. Trouble is, the music and editing might be the most appealing thing about this footage. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, September 21st, 2012 by Angie Han
The Lindsay Lohan career comeback tour is kicking off with Lifetime’s Liz & Dick, a small-screen movie about the volatile romance between Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. Lohan’s casting drew eyerolls, sighs, and giggles when it was announced back in April, and while the first stills and set photos weren’t so bad, it was tough to gauge how Lohan’s performance would actually turn out. Or, for that matter, whether the film around her would be any good.
Well, wonder no more because the first trailer has just arrived. And it looks more or less exactly like what you’d think an Elizabeth Taylor biopic on Lifetime starring Lindsay Lohan would look like. Watch it after the jump.
Read More »