Posted on Friday, April 4th, 2014 by Angie Han
The Hunger Games franchise has no shortage of kick-ass ladies, and now it’s adding another. Gwendoline Christie, best known as Brienne of Tarth on HBO’s Game of Thrones, has just boarded The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2. She replaces Lily Rabe in the role of Commander Lyme. Learn more about the last-minute change after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Monday, September 16th, 2013 by Angie Han
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is still a couple of months away from theaters, but with a back-to-back-to-back shooting schedule planned, director Francis Lawrence doesn’t really have the luxury of taking his time. So casting is already barreling forward on The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Parts 1 & 2, which open in 2014 and 2015.
The newest addition to the cast is Lily Rabe, star of FX’s American Horror Story. She joins a fast-growing roster that includes Julianne Moore, Natalie Dormer, Evan Ross, and Stef Dawson in addition to the usual returning stars. Hit the jump to find out whom she’s playing.
Read More »
Lots of good news on the TV front broke over the weekend so, after the jump, read about the following:
- Zachary Quinto and Jessica Lange are coming back for American Horror Story season 2 along with Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe.
- Creator Ryan Murphy offers hints about the show’s return and a surprising twist with the casting.
- Check out the teaser art for the second season of AMC’s The Killing.
- A new trailer for Game of Thrones season two has been released.
- Animated promos for NBC’s Community come online this week
- Well-known actors like Dennis Quaid, Cary Elwes, Mira Sorvino and many others are heading to TV.
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Update: Killer Films has contacted us and issued the following statement “Christine Vachon of Killer Films is not producing The Lucky One. To the best of my knowledge neither Daniel Radcliffe or Lily Rabe is attached to star in the project.” The original story follows:
I think we now know what Daniel Radcliffe is going to do when he gets through with the final Harry Potter films in the next month or two. It would seem that he and Lily Rabe have been cast in Doug McGrath‘s upcoming The Lucky One, adapted from the novel by Nicholas Sparks. Sparks and McGrath seem like odd bedfelows – the director has adapted books before, bringing us Emma, Nicholas Nickleby and Infamous, but they were rather more literary works, shall we say, than a Sparks novel would tend to be.
Read More »