Posted on Monday, October 1st, 2012 by Angie Han
Some of today’s tidbits involve actors claiming they probably won’t do a sequel. Imagine that. After the jump:
- 300: Rise of an Empire stars gather for a group photo
- Watch an explosive video from Fast and the Furious 6
- Liam Neeson does not think Taken 3 will ever happen
- Mike Tyson and Kendra Wilkinson join Scary Movie 5
- Benedict Cumberbatch talks about mo-cap in Hobbit
- Ethan Hawke says Before Midnight may be the end of his unexpectedly long-running series with Richard Linklater.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, September 14th, 2012 by Angie Han
My favorite Sequel Bits are the ones with a little something for everyone, like this one. After the jump:
- Lindsay Lohan tries to get out of Scary Movie 5
- Looks like Adele will be singing the Skyfall theme
- Human Centipede 3 will have a 500-person chain
- Lydia Hearst boards Cabin Fever: Patient Zero
- Breaking Dawn Part 2 tickets to go on sale in October
- See the Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning trailer
- Maggie Grace goes on the run in a new Taken 2 clip
- Paul W.S. Anderson would do a sixth Resident Evil
Read More »
Liam Neeson introduces a new internet-only trailer for Taken 2, the film that features the continuing exploits of Neeson’s former black-ops character, whose family is once again the target of foreign tough guys who have a preoccupation with violence. And the trailer really pushes the idea that these movies are exploiting our human trend towards creating endless cycles of violence — you hurt my people, so I hurt yours, and you hurt mine again, and it never, ever ends.
From a movie producer’s standpoint, that’s a great thing — endless sequel possibilities! — but how will that play out in the film, when we as an audience want to watch some cheap, bone-cracking thrills? The thrills here look pretty good, too, but in the end will we all feel like we’re a part of that cycle of violence? Probably not, but follow Liam Neeson’s instructions and watch this trailer to begin the process of finding out. Read More »
Video, casting, locations and more are all in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump read about the following.
- 20th Century Fox has posted a new featurette for Taken 2.
- Ethan Hawke comes clean about the Richard Linklater film Before Midnight.
- Claudia Lee joins Kick-Ass 2.
- Check out a set being built for Justin Lin‘s Fast and Furious 6.
- Spy Kid Alexa Vega speaks about her sensual role in Machette Kills.
Read More »
Briefly: Paul Haggis is looking to follow his thriller The Next Three Days with a drama called Third Person, and he is assembling an impressive cast for the film. Offers are out to Liam Neeson and Olivia Wilde (both of whom had small roles in The Next Three Days) and now Haggis says the production is also in talks with Mila Kunis, Casey Affleck, James Franco and Moran Atias to fill out the rest of the film’s major roles. Read More »
You’re about to get a glimpse into the process of three projects in radically different stages of development. First there’s Neuromancer, based on the 1984 cyberpunk novel from William Gibson, which is in the early stages of pre-production. Next there’s Disney’s Frozen, the company’s 2013 animated musical which is currently being animated. Finally there’s The Avengers, the year’s most successful movie, which hits the home market in September.
After the jump, you can see concept art from all three projects and read much more about them. Read More »
Posted on Monday, July 30th, 2012 by Angie Han
It’s been quite some time since we got an update on Vincenzo Natali‘s adaptation of William Gibson‘s sci-fi novel Neuromancer, but if today’s news actually pans out it definitely seems worth the wait. Liam Neeson and Mark Wahlberg have reportedly just received offers for the lead roles, though it should be noted that nothing’s locked down at the moment. And even if and when it is, it’ll still be some time before we see the pair hacking into cyberspace, as the same story says the film is on track to hit theaters in 2014. More details after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Just in case his small appearance in a certain superhero movie this summer left you wanting more Liam Neeson action, here’s the first full domestic trailer for Olivier Megaton‘s Taken 2.
The title should tell you just about everything you need to know about the plot, but just in case: Neeson, and his wife and daughter (Famke Janssen, Maggie Grace) are menaced by relatives of some of the guys Neeson’s character killed in Taken. There’s a kidnapping (again), followed by a lot of violence (again) and some very pretty shots of Istanbul. Because even with a lot of bad guys to kill, one has to make time for sight-seeing.
Check out the trailer below. Read More »