The most recent film from director Rupert Wyatt was a remake of The Gambler, and now his own first feature is getting the remake treatment. The Escapist is Wyatt’s UK debut, in which Brian Cox played a prison inmate who assembles a group of fellow inmates in order to stage an ambitious break from the big house. Now Liam Neeson will star in a US version of The Escapist, backed by Studio Canal. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, December 31st, 2014 by Angie Han
We present to you the very last Sequel Bits of 2014. After the jump:
- Woman in Black 2 unveils a motion comic prequel
- See a leaked image of the Jurassic World Lego set
- Bryan Mills has a big problem in this Taken 3 clip
- Katherine McNamara joins The Maze Runner 2
- Could Randy Quaid return for Independence Day 2?
- Jamie Oliver is still sad he wasn’t in The Hobbit
- Watch the latest Punk’s Dead: SLC Punk! 2 trailer
- Tom Hardy glowers in a new look at Mad Max: Fury Road
Liam Neeson, special set of skills, daughter in danger, it’s all pretty familiar now. Time to shake things up just enough to bring audiences back. So for Taken 3, now officially called Tak3n, the Neeson character Bryan Mills is in Richard Kimble mode as he’s framed for the murder of his wife. Now a fugitive, Mills goes on the run to preserve his own freedom and watch over his surviving daughter (Maggie Grace) while trying to elude authorities. (Here Forest Whitaker seemingly stands in Tommy Lee Jones as the lead voice of authority.) Watch the Tak3n trailer here. Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 26th, 2014 by Angie Han
We present to you some sequel-related odds and ends to take you into the weekend. After the jump:
- Liam Neeson and John Slattery will also be in Ted 2
- Check out the first Dumb and Dumber To TV spot
- Watch the new extended Alien: Isolation TV spot
- Lindsay Lohan has an idea for a Mean Girls sequel
- George Takei is not “lobbying” for a Star Trek 3 role
- Ryan Hansen talks about his Veronica Mars spinoff
- Peter Cullen wants Michael Bay for Transformers 5
- Denzel Washington isn’t confirmed for Equalizer 2
- Jeremy Renner is excited for M:I5 and more Bourne
Posted on Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014 by Angie Han
Liam Neeson has gone on record saying he “can’t see” making another Taken after Taken 2. But apparently a hefty paycheck has gone a long way toward correcting his vision, because that’s definitely Neeson back in action again in the first images from Taken 3.
To be fair, it seems to be the “taken” part of the movie that Neeson took issue with, and Taken 3 has no taking. There’s so little taking, in fact, that the film is actually called Tak3n. And according to Neeson, it’ll be the one to close out the franchise. Hit the jump for your Tak3n first look and plot info.
Posted on Thursday, September 18th, 2014 by Angie Han
If there are two things Liam Neeson does really well, it’s chase after missing people and kill bad guys. The former will be put to good use in Neeson’s latest new project Tell No One, in which he’ll play a man whose supposedly murdered wife may still be alive after all.
Meanwhile, the latter talent is celebrated in a “Liam Neeson Kill Map,” charting all the people he’s murdered onscreen over the years. After the jump, get details on the Liam Neeson Tell No One casting, get an eyeful of the Liam Neeson Kill Map, and learn all about his new script with Bono. Yes, that Bono.
Posted on Monday, September 8th, 2014 by Peter Sciretta
The above Star Wars Episode 7 fan poster was created by hobo95 (see more of his art on deviantart). Here is a look at what we’ll be talking about in today’s edition of Star Wars bits:
- John Boyega tweets a photo tease promising shooting has started on a new planet
- Liam Neeson comments on if he will return as Qui-Gon Jinn in Episode VII
- Tina Fey vows to crush Star Wars Episode 7
- Rumored descriptions for Star Wars Rebels Episodes 3 and 4
- Listen to Vanessa Marshall read an excerpt from Star Wars: A New Dawn
- Marvel declines to answer questions about Star Wars royalties
Hit the jump to read about all this and more.
Superhero Bits: Batman v Superman, Captain America 3, Arrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Guardians of the Galaxy
Posted on Monday, September 1st, 2014 by Germain Lussier
Has Jesse Eisenberg finally emerged on the set of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice? Want to see promos from the upcoming seasons of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Arrow? How much Hawkeye stuff was cut from the Captain America: The Winter Soldier script? Would Liam Neeson like to return to the DC Comics world? Which Drax scene was Dave Bautista upset got cut from Guardians of the Galaxy? What happens in Captain America 3, according to Anthony Mackie? Want to watch Karen Gillan shave her head for Guardians of the Galaxy? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits.
Posted on Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014 by Germain Lussier
“Make Mine Marvel” is becoming Hollywood’s mantra. Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Hemsworth, the stars of 2013’s two Marvel Studios releases, find themselves in the top five highest earning actors of the past year, according to Forbes Magazine. Downey Jr. is #1, earning a mind-boggling $75 million last year and Hemsworth is #5, earning $37 million. Who rounds out the rest of the top ten? Check out the list below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, May 29th, 2014 by Russ Fischer
It seems like a film adaptation of Lawrence Block‘s novel A Walk Among the Tombstones has been in the offing for a very long time. We’ve seen Block’s Matt Scudder character on film before, played by Jeff Bridges in Eight Million Ways to Die. But now Liam Neeson takes on the character for an adaptation of Block’s 1992 novel. Scott Frank directs, and this adaptation looks as if it will be very faithful to the tone and grim purpose of Block’s novel. It’s pretty bleak stuff, with Neeson-as-Scudder hired to help a less than upstanding guy find the men who killed his wife. Watch the trailer below. Read More »