We all know that Qui-Gon Jinn dies at the end of Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace. A few of us also know the character endured in the franchise, appearing to Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin during The Clone Wars. It was he who figured out how to become one in the Force and appear as a ghost. Which he did, several times.
When Qui-Gon returned for The Clone Wars cartoon (which is canon, just like the movies) Liam Neeson too returned to provide the voice. He’s proud of the character and in a new interview, was asked if he would return as the character in a potential standalone movie. He, of course, said “Yes” but also raises the smart question of “Is there actually a way to do it?” Not to mention, he’s got a few issues with the lightsaber of Kylo Ren. Watch the latest Liam Neeson Star Wars video below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The most recent film from director Rupert Wyatt was a remake of The Gambler, and now his own first feature is getting the remake treatment. The Escapist is Wyatt’s UK debut, in which Brian Cox played a prison inmate who assembles a group of fellow inmates in order to stage an ambitious break from the big house. Now Liam Neeson will star in a US version of The Escapist, backed by Studio Canal. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, December 31st, 2014 by Angie Han
We present to you the very last Sequel Bits of 2014. After the jump:
- Woman in Black 2 unveils a motion comic prequel
- See a leaked image of the Jurassic World Lego set
- Bryan Mills has a big problem in this Taken 3 clip
- Katherine McNamara joins The Maze Runner 2
- Could Randy Quaid return for Independence Day 2?
- Jamie Oliver is still sad he wasn’t in The Hobbit
- Watch the latest Punk’s Dead: SLC Punk! 2 trailer
- Tom Hardy glowers in a new look at Mad Max: Fury Road
Read More »
Liam Neeson, special set of skills, daughter in danger, it’s all pretty familiar now. Time to shake things up just enough to bring audiences back. So for Taken 3, now officially called Tak3n, the Neeson character Bryan Mills is in Richard Kimble mode as he’s framed for the murder of his wife. Now a fugitive, Mills goes on the run to preserve his own freedom and watch over his surviving daughter (Maggie Grace) while trying to elude authorities. (Here Forest Whitaker seemingly stands in Tommy Lee Jones as the lead voice of authority.) Watch the Tak3n trailer here. Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 26th, 2014 by Angie Han
We present to you some sequel-related odds and ends to take you into the weekend. After the jump:
- Liam Neeson and John Slattery will also be in Ted 2
- Check out the first Dumb and Dumber To TV spot
- Watch the new extended Alien: Isolation TV spot
- Lindsay Lohan has an idea for a Mean Girls sequel
- George Takei is not “lobbying” for a Star Trek 3 role
- Ryan Hansen talks about his Veronica Mars spinoff
- Peter Cullen wants Michael Bay for Transformers 5
- Denzel Washington isn’t confirmed for Equalizer 2
- Jeremy Renner is excited for M:I5 and more Bourne
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014 by Angie Han
Liam Neeson has gone on record saying he “can’t see” making another Taken after Taken 2. But apparently a hefty paycheck has gone a long way toward correcting his vision, because that’s definitely Neeson back in action again in the first images from Taken 3.
To be fair, it seems to be the “taken” part of the movie that Neeson took issue with, and Taken 3 has no taking. There’s so little taking, in fact, that the film is actually called Tak3n. And according to Neeson, it’ll be the one to close out the franchise. Hit the jump for your Tak3n first look and plot info.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, September 18th, 2014 by Angie Han
If there are two things Liam Neeson does really well, it’s chase after missing people and kill bad guys. The former will be put to good use in Neeson’s latest new project Tell No One, in which he’ll play a man whose supposedly murdered wife may still be alive after all.
Meanwhile, the latter talent is celebrated in a “Liam Neeson Kill Map,” charting all the people he’s murdered onscreen over the years. After the jump, get details on the Liam Neeson Tell No One casting, get an eyeful of the Liam Neeson Kill Map, and learn all about his new script with Bono. Yes, that Bono.
Read More »
The above Star Wars Episode 7 fan poster was created by hobo95 (see more of his art on deviantart). Here is a look at what we’ll be talking about in today’s edition of Star Wars bits:
- John Boyega tweets a photo tease promising shooting has started on a new planet
- Liam Neeson comments on if he will return as Qui-Gon Jinn in Episode VII
- Tina Fey vows to crush Star Wars Episode 7
- Rumored descriptions for Star Wars Rebels Episodes 3 and 4
- Listen to Vanessa Marshall read an excerpt from Star Wars: A New Dawn
- Marvel declines to answer questions about Star Wars royalties
Hit the jump to read about all this and more.
Read More »
Has Jesse Eisenberg finally emerged on the set of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice? Want to see promos from the upcoming seasons of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Arrow? How much Hawkeye stuff was cut from the Captain America: The Winter Soldier script? Would Liam Neeson like to return to the DC Comics world? Which Drax scene was Dave Bautista upset got cut from Guardians of the Galaxy? What happens in Captain America 3, according to Anthony Mackie? Want to watch Karen Gillan shave her head for Guardians of the Galaxy? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits.
Read More »