In this edition of Sequel Bits, comments from Jerry Bruckheimer address the stalled Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and the possibly less-stalled Beverly Hills Cop 4. In addition, we’ve got the following after the break:
- Mara Wilson talks about Mrs. Doubtfire 2,
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For seems to be using Frank Miller’s comics as storyboards,
- There’s a poster for Leprechaun: Origins,
- And a trailer for Dolphin Tale 2.
Read More »
Mike Myers has a documentary at the Toronto International Film Festival, but what’s the latest on the Austin Powers series? Read his response below, along with a bunch of other sequel news including:
- A sequel to Eli Roth‘s upcoming The Green Inferno is now in development. It’s called Beyond the Green Inferno.
- Director Zach Lipovsky explains how the Leprechaun film, Leprechaun: Origins, is a reboot and not a sequel.
- Billy Bob Thornton isn’t sure when Bad Santa 2 is going to happen.
- The main voice actors are set to return for The Croods 2.
Read More »
With reboots happening left and right — for the biggest properties (Spider-Man, Star Trek) to more hardcore fan titles (RoboCop) to things that probably shouldn’t be touched (The Three Stooges) — its no surprise that the most low-rent, easily redone properties are getting the remake treatment.
And so here we are with news on Leprechaun: Origins, a film that will seek to somehow reinvigorate a franchise that seemingly ended with the Irish demon going from space to tha hood, and two Child’s Play movies, with will simultaneously act as reboot and sequel to the ‘possessed doll’ story that has been exploited in several films since 1988. Read More »