We start at the beginning of The Force Awakens and end in a bigger fantasy world in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A possible description of the first several scenes in Star Wars: The Force Awakens is now online.
- See the poster for Star Wars Weekends 2015.
- Read about a Kickstarter that promises to be “the ultimate Star Wars fan film.”
- Gary Whitta kind of talked about his role on the Star Wars standalone.
- The writer of the new Darth Vader comic book offers some insight.
- All of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys revealed at Toy Fair were strikingly familiar.
- The Art of Episode VII book is reportedly coming out November 2.
- Which character is missing from the cover of Princess Leia #1?
- See images from the LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Watch a Jedi and a Sith argue over the cross guard lightsaber in The Force Awakens.
- A trailer for the Star Wars Trilogy edited in the style of Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Captain Kirk takes on Darth Vader in a Star Wars vs. Star Trek fan trailer.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
For fans who find themselves in the cross section between Star Wars and Lego, an Ultimate Collectors Series announcement is an event. One or twice a year Lego reveals a massive set, aimed at adult collectors, with the kind of detail worthy of the Jedi. The most recent one was the Boba Fett Slave 1. Before that? The Sandcrawler. Saturday, Lego announced the Ultimate Collector’s Series Tie Fighter, a 1685 piece behemoth of a set that’ll be out in May. Below, read more about the new Star Wars Lego Tie Fighter, see photos and a video. Read More »
Star Wars: The Force Awakens might not be revealing any toys at this weekend’s New York Toy Fair, but other major 2015 films are. We’ve already seen a bunch of Avengers: Age of Ultron stuff and today we’ve got a slew of toys from Colin Trevorrow‘s Jurassic World.
The highlight here is our best look yet at the deadly hybrid Indominus Rex, which was teased in the first trailer, the Super Bowl spot as well as on the website. Here, you’ll finally see exactly what it looks like so if you’re worried about that, beware of spoilers.
There are other things to see here too, like a brand new Lego set, several of the new dinosaurs from the film and a hilarious T-Rex hand puppet. See the new Jurassic World toys below. Read More »
Wednesday, Lego announced the two latest sets to be created under the “Ideas” banner. These are sets that are imagined by fans, voted on by fans, and then judged by a group of Lego employees. Every year, a few new sets are picked that get turned into actual Lego Ideas sets. Previous examples are the Back to the Future Delorean and Ghostbusters Ecto-1. Well the two newest ones are both based in pop culture, and both are incredibly awesome.
Wall-E and Doctor Who are getting their own official Lego sets later this year. See photos and video of the Wall-E Lego and Doctor Who Lego below. Read More »
Lego has just announced their most massive, epic Marvel set ever. It’s the S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier, a 2,996 behemoth of a set featuring mini-figures of Nick Fury, Black Widow, Captain America, Hawkeye and Maria Hill. The Helicarrier hits shelves in March and will retail for $349.99. Below, see a bunch of images and more info about the Lego Avengers Helicarrier. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
This latest Star Wars Bits might be the most jam-packed yet. Below, read about the following:
- Kylo Ren may be on all the Star Wars: The Force Awakens toy packaging and those toys might be out September 4.
- Read about 13 brand new Star Wars Lego sets including some from The Force Awakens.
- Fanboys director Kyle Newman will present an original Star Wars live read at Star Wars Celebration.
- Buy cute Force Awakens inspired art prints of Finn, Rey and Poe.
- Drew Struzan is once again rumored to be working on the Force Awakens poster.
- Watch a five minute video about the locations of Return of the Jedi.
- What did Oscar Isaac‘s latest costar Jessica Chastain think of The Force Awakens trailer?
- Check out two collections coming soon of Star Wars comics published by Dark Horse.
- ComiXology just added a ton of Star Wars content.
- Rumor has it Marvel’s Star Wars #1 will have no less than 100 variant covers.
- Wired figured out how fast Rey’s speeder goes in The Force Awakens.
- BB-8 has more than meets the eye, according to rumored concept art.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, November 7th, 2014 by Angie Han
Over the years, Lego has released sets built around all sorts of beloved geek properties, including Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and the Marvel and DC universes. But their latest may prove a bit more divisive.
Lego has just announced they’ll release a set based on The Big Bang Theory, a CBS sitcom centered around six nerdy scientists and their one non-nerdy, non-scientist friend. Well, at least Leonard and Sheldon are bound to be happy, or would be if they were real. Hit the jump for more on the Big Bang Theory Lego set.
Read More »
The Internet has taught us lots of things. Cats play keyboards, Charlie bit me and fans want Goonies Lego sets. It feels like month after months, you see images of fan made Lego creations based on the 1985 Richard Donner film. One even got 10,000 votes on the Lego Ideas website and could, potentially get made.
While we wait for that to – maybe – happen, you can check out a stunning, detailed, huge Goonies Lego diorama that was at Brickcon 2014. It includes the Walsh house, jail house, Fratelli’s restaurant, and several of the underground passages such as the piano room and more. Check it out below, along with a few new Lego Ideas projects. Read More »
This is a jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. We’ve got real Star Wars Episode VII news, rumors, toy information, book excerpts, and even mobile game updates. Below, read about the following.
- John Williams will start working on Star Wars Episode VII in two weeks.
- Read about some of the work Phil Tippett might be doing on Episode VII.
- Oscar Isaac has finished his work on Star Wars Episode VII.
- See Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher hit the town together.
- Read the ominious opening crawl of the new novel Tarkin.
- Star Wars authors can still use Expanded Universe bits.
- A new creature from Star Wars Episode VII is described.
- Some mysterious new characters are revealed in latest Star Wars Lego images.
- Watch a video of the new Lego Slave 1.
- Star Wars mobile game Tiny Death Star has been taken off line while Angry Birds gets a Star Wars Rebels update.
- Possible descriptions of Han Solo‘s outfits in Star Wars Episode VII.
Read More »