For Star Wars fans and Lego collectors, one of the holy grail pieces is the 5,195 piece Ultimate Collector’s Series Millennium Falcon. Originally priced at about $500, it now can sell for almost 10 times that because of its rarity, and the set’s incredible detail. It’s one of the biggest and most beautiful Lego sets in history.
Yet it pales in comparison to this latest fan creation.
A team of Lego builders called Titans Creations have created a 10,000 piece Millennium Falcon that’s physically 40% bigger than the official set and features multiple scenes from the movie within. Check out the amazing custom Lego Millennium Falcon below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Update From Editor Peter Sciretta: LEGO has revealed images for their LEGO Dimensions expansion packs. Check out a gallery of images, after the jump now. Germain Lussier’s original story from April 9th 2015 follows:
The video game market is some competitive, everyone is always looking for something different. Disney found that when they released Disney Infinity, a game that changed as you bought miniature collectible figures that integrated with the game. Nintendo did something similar with their Amiibo figured and now Lego is getting into the mix. They just announced a new game called Lego Dimensions, which will use special Lego mini figures to create franchise busting scenarios. Among the properties that will be included are Back to the Future, Batman, The Lego Movie, Lord of the Rings, DC Comics, Ninjago, and The Wizard of Oz. Watch a trailer and read more below. Read More »
Three things I love: Star Wars, Lego and posters. So I just about flipped when I saw that Lego had recreated Drew Struzan‘s posters for the first six Star Wars films. There’s no real rhyme or reason behind it, other than these six movies are now available digitally for the first time ever, but they’re still super cool. Check out the Lego Star Wars posters below. Read More »
Update from editor Peter Sciretta: I have added the new designer video from LEGO, featuring senior designer Marcos Bessa and graphic designer Chris Bonven Johansen showcasing the impressive detail work that went into creating the LEGO Kwik-E-Mart convenience store set from The Simpsons.
Read More »
The fact there’s a Lego Jurassic World video game coming out pretty exciting. What’s even more exciting is it’ll tell a story that spans all four Jurassic Park movies. Out this June, the Lego Jurassic World game just released a new trailer that shows iconic scenes from the original films reimagined in that trademark Lego way. You’ll hear the actual voices of Jeff Goldblum, Richard Attenborough, but unfortunately get no real sense of what to expect in terms of the fourth movie, Colin Trevorrow’s Jurassic World.
Below, see the Lego Jurassic World trailer as well as the cover and a few still images. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
One, maybe two, Star Wars actresses walking the Oscar red carpet highlight this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Felicity Jones and Lupita Nyong’o talk Star Wars from the red carpet of the Oscars.
- Mark Hamill and Peter Mayhew lead the latest group of Star Wars Celebration attendees.
- See a trailer for Wookie the Chew, a Winnie the Pooh/Star Wars mash-up.
- Check out a massive custom Lego of the Sarlaac Pit.
- There could be new Star Wars: The Clone Wars content coming.
- Some new, potentially massive spoilers for Star Wars: The Force Awakens are online.
Read More »
We start at the beginning of The Force Awakens and end in a bigger fantasy world in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A possible description of the first several scenes in Star Wars: The Force Awakens is now online.
- See the poster for Star Wars Weekends 2015.
- Read about a Kickstarter that promises to be “the ultimate Star Wars fan film.”
- Gary Whitta kind of talked about his role on the Star Wars standalone.
- The writer of the new Darth Vader comic book offers some insight.
- All of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys revealed at Toy Fair were strikingly familiar.
- The Art of Episode VII book is reportedly coming out November 2.
- Which character is missing from the cover of Princess Leia #1?
- See images from the LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Watch a Jedi and a Sith argue over the cross guard lightsaber in The Force Awakens.
- A trailer for the Star Wars Trilogy edited in the style of Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Captain Kirk takes on Darth Vader in a Star Wars vs. Star Trek fan trailer.
Read More »
For fans who find themselves in the cross section between Star Wars and Lego, an Ultimate Collectors Series announcement is an event. One or twice a year Lego reveals a massive set, aimed at adult collectors, with the kind of detail worthy of the Jedi. The most recent one was the Boba Fett Slave 1. Before that? The Sandcrawler. Saturday, Lego announced the Ultimate Collector’s Series Tie Fighter, a 1685 piece behemoth of a set that’ll be out in May. Below, read more about the new Star Wars Lego Tie Fighter, see photos and a video. Read More »
Star Wars: The Force Awakens might not be revealing any toys at this weekend’s New York Toy Fair, but other major 2015 films are. We’ve already seen a bunch of Avengers: Age of Ultron stuff and today we’ve got a slew of toys from Colin Trevorrow‘s Jurassic World.
The highlight here is our best look yet at the deadly hybrid Indominus Rex, which was teased in the first trailer, the Super Bowl spot as well as on the website. Here, you’ll finally see exactly what it looks like so if you’re worried about that, beware of spoilers.
There are other things to see here too, like a brand new Lego set, several of the new dinosaurs from the film and a hilarious T-Rex hand puppet. See the new Jurassic World toys below. Read More »