The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next the power of Star Wars Bits. This week’s news from a galaxy far, far away includes the following:
- Details on The Battle of Jakku and more post-Return of the Jedi info
- Harrison Ford gives advice to new co-stars, uses lightsaber as a cane
- New info on Han Solo and Chewie in The Force Awakens
- BB-8 on the cover of Make magazine
- Comic-Con interviews with J.J. Abrams and cast
- George Lucas to be honored at D23
- Science Channel ILM documentary special teaser clip
- Kevin Smith got screwed by Star Wars at Comic-Con
- Production designer talks mandate for authenticity in Episode VII
- Amy Schumer‘s saucy Star Wars photoshoot for GQ
- New details on Star Wars Battlefront gameplay
- Gary Whitta on Star Wars and the Comic-Con experience
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Over the weekend we ran a clip from the documentary The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened? from Jon Schnepp, which chronicles Tim Burton‘s failed attempt to make a Superman movie starring Nicolas Cage. The film was in development and pre-production in the ’90s, based originally on a script from Kevin Smith, with a final revision from Dan Gilroy, who would eventually write and direct Nightcrawler.
The first ten minutes of The Death of Superman Lives are now online, and the long clip proves to be a good introduction to the story. It features Bryan Singer using still-infamous photos of Nic Cage in a Superman suit as a counter to exec interference on Superman Returns, and the disembodied head of comics writer Grant Morrison setting the stage for what could have been a very different Superman story. Read More »
Cross a film off of Kevin Smith‘s long to-do list. The writer/director just completed Yoga Hosers, his teenage superhero/thriller starring Harley Quinn Smith (Smith’s daughter) and Lily-Rose Depp (Johnny Depp’s daughter). We know he’s done because Smith tweeted about the status, and posted an image of the end credits, which tease that the characters will be back in Moose Jaws.
Below, check out the images and read more about Smith’s upcoming work.
UPDATE: The first images from the film are now online. Check them out below. Read More »
In a world full of comic book adaptations, one would think that a massive comic book fan and filmmaker like Kevin Smith might get the chance to bring one of the character’s from ink to screen. However, Smith’s writing and directing style hasn’t exactly shown the potential for tentpole material (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing). Sure, Smith has written comic books, but that’s much different than creating a feature film around them.
However, Smith was recently asked about the potential of him ever directing a comic book project. And while he dismisses the thought of that ever coming to fruition, he did offer up an intriguing character that he would like to bring to life. Find out the character who would be at the center of this hypothetical Kevin Smith comic book movie after the jump. Read More »
You’re in luck, this is a jam-packed edition of sequel bits. Below, read about the following.
- Paul Feig confirms that his Ghostbusters will have up to date tech.
- Kevin Smith compares Clerks 3 to Shakespeare’s King Lear.
- Simon Pegg said Star Trek Beyond shoots later this month and the first script was just finished.
- Independence Day 2 adds a star from The Dark Knight.
- Producer Mark Wahlberg said if the fans come out for Entourage, they’ll do one more.
- Jackie Chan tells TMZ Rush Hour 4 is coming.
- See 6 character posters from Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation.
- Harry Potter screenwriter Steve Kloves was available to help J.K. Rowling on Fantastic Beasts.
- Justin Lin talks the story of Star Trek Beyond.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Page 2 is a compilation of stories and news tidbits, which for whatever reason, didn’t make the front page of /Film. After the jump we’ve included 36 different items, fun images, videos, casting tidbits, articles of interest and more. It’s like a mystery grab bag of movie web related goodness.
Header Photo: Kevin Tong‘s Stellar Mondo Art for Brad Bird’s Sci-Fi ‘Tomorrowland‘
15 Movies You Won’t Believe Took So Long To Get Made
How ‘Kill the Boy’ Folded in Two ‘Game of Thrones’ Storylines to Improve Upon the Source Material
The ‘Star Wars’ LEGO Death Star Playset Reimagined With a Beautiful LEGO Friends Makeover
10 Most Messed-Up Versions Of The Hero’s Journey
The naked hypocrisy of Game Of Thrones’ nudity
Tomorrowland poster by MATT NEEDLE
Does ‘Orphan Black‘ Have a ‘Homeland‘ Problem?
EX MACHINA And The Art Of Character Identification
Read More »
When Brodie, TS, Gwen and maybe even Shannon Hamilton return to the big screen, there won’t be a “2” at the end of their title. Kevin Smith revealed on Twitter that the title to Mallrats 2, the sequel to his 1995 cult comedy, is MallBrats. Read more about the Mallrats 2 title below. Read More »
Let’s be honest. When you think of cameos in movies today, you think of Stan Lee. The Marvel legend obviously didn’t invent the cameo, but he’s made it his own over the past twenty years in everything from the Marvel Cinematic Universe to the Spider-Man films, X-Men films and even Mallrats. That last one, more of an extended cameo, was directed by Kevin Smith who himself has had a good run with cameos both as an actor and director.
So what better combo than Lee and Smith to do a quick short called Cameo School which itself features some funny cameos? Smith directed Lee, who stars, but Smith also appears. Check it out below. Read More »
Sometimes logistics force a filmmaker’s hand. Originally Kevin Smith was aiming to shoot Mallrats 2 in 2016, after Clerks 3, Hit Somebody, and Moose Jaws. However, Smith and his team found a mall they can shoot in and seriously mess up that won’t be around next year. Because of that, he just announced he’s going to make Mallrats 2 next. Read more about Mallrats 2, including news on more returning cast members, below. Read More »