The awakening is coming, can you feel it? We are now 7 days away from the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Here is a look at what we’ll be talking about in today’s Force Awakens Bits:
- A look inside the Star Wars writers room.
- J.J. Abrams and Daisy Ridley on whether you should see the film in 3D, 2D or IMAX.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens has already been shortlisted for an Oscar.
- Harrison Ford says Han Solo’s lines in The Force Awakens trailers aren’t what they seem.
- In India, Force Awakens could be upstaged by Bollywood holdovers.
- Learn about Harrison Ford‘s contributions to the script.
- NASA says BB-8 isn’t well designed.
- Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy explains George Lucas‘ involvement with Force Awakens and the future of Star Wars.
All that and more. Hit the jump to hyperspace!
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Update: After the jump we’ve included a video of the entire Star Wars: The Force Awakens press conference, which actually contains a bunch of funny moments we didn’t talk about in our original information-focused report.
Read More »
Over the weekend, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy revealed that just six days after George Lucas said he hadn’t seen a single frame of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the creator of the sci-fi universe had finally seen the film. In addition, she told us that “he liked it.” But now we finally have word from the man himself, kinda.
Find out about this George Lucas The Force Awakens reaction after the jump! Read More »
We’ve gotten just about all the footage from Star Wars: The Force Awakens that we can handle, and with just about 12 days left until the film is unleashed in theaters everywhere, I’d be fine if there wasn’t another minute from the film posted. After all, we’ve already seen a total of six minutes from the film, and that barely shows anything beyond the first half.
The good news is that we have something to hold you over for the next dozen days, and you don’t even have to see any new footage that hasn’t been seen in the previous trailers. The Force Awakens Legacy featurette goes behind the scenes of the production with footage of scenes being shot and talking heads from all the right people. Watch! Read More »
As of the end of November, Star Wars creator George Lucas hadn’t seen a single frame of the forthcoming saga continuance, Star Wars: The Force Awakens. But here we are just six days later and that has changed entirely.
Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy revealed that Lucas will be attending the premieres of the movie in Los Angeles and London, but he’s actually already seen the entire movie. So the question is, what does the man who gave us the galaxy far, far away think about this new chapter in the franchise? Find out below! Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
A couple great Star Wars articles were published online today by Empire Magazine and Wired Magazine, one about planning the future of the Star Wars universe and the other featuring comments from Andy Serkis about how his character Supreme Leader Snoke fits into Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Hit the jump to read everything we learned from these two new pieces, alongside our thoughts, insights and commentary.
Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits, we take a look at the following stories:
- Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy says a woman will direct a Star Wars movie and Elizabeth Banks says she is ready for that job.
- Alan Tudyk talks about his time on set filming Star Wars: Rogue One.
- How Star Wars played a role in Brie Larson‘s drama Room.
- Find out how to buy the Luke Skywalker’s lost hand limited edition action figure.
- Watch the Star Wars Rebels Season 2 press conference from NYCC.
- The George Lucas Museum secures city parks approval in Chicago.
- Watch Darth Vader take out a snow speeder with his lightsaber in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Read the plot synopsizes for four upcoming Star Wars: Journey to the Force Awakens short stories by Landry Quinn.
All that and more, in today’s edition of Star Wars Bits. Hit the jump to hyperspace.
Read More »
Directors J.J. Abrams (Star Trek), Rian Johnson (Looper), Phil Lord and Chris Miller (22 Jump Street), Colin Trevorrow (Jurassic World), and Gareth Edwards (Godzilla) are all white dudes. All very talented white dudes, mind you, but they’re white dudes. This has caused a slight uproar amongst Star Wars fans, but Lucasfilm promises there will be a female Star Wars director. Read more after the jump.
Read More »
Ever since Disney purchased Lucasfilm, many fans of the galaxy far, far away have been worried about the House of Mouse corrupting the sci-fi saga they love so much, as if all the merchandising done previously hadn’t already vigorously milked the cash cow. Thankfully, director J.J. Abrams has good news for concerned fans as he says the studio is “not trying to Disney-fy” our beloved Star Wars.
In a recent talk for Vanity Fair, Abrams sat down with Apple designer Jony Ive for a conversation moderated by Imagine Entertainment’s Brian Grazer. Some interesting details on the future franchise surfaced, including that the director has control over Star Wars: The Force Awakens final cut. Read More »