The lines between movies and TV continue to blur, and while TV may be the best medium for telling extended stories, the best way to promote those stories can be with a movie-style trailer. So here’s the long trailer for Fox’s Almost Human, which stars Karl Urban as a growling human cop who isn’t so thrilled to be saddled with a very lifelike synthetic partner, played by Michael Ealy. The show is executive produced by J.J. Abrams and Fringe showrunner J.H. Wyman, and also features Lili Taylor, Mackenzie Crook, and Minka Kelly. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
You’ve seen the ads and trailers for the soon-to-premiere show Almost Human, in which Karl Urban plays a grumbly detective who is partnered with a very lifelike synthetic officer played by Michael Ealy. The two don’t have an easy go of it at first, but you can bet that the series will evolve to a point where the two unlikely allies enjoy a good buddy-buddy repartee.
It’ll be a while before we see how that works out, but now you can watch the first eight minutes of the show. Read More »
The J.J. Abrams television machine keeps working, and its latest project is Almost Human, which is already being billed as a Ro-Bromance. See, the show is kind of like the old Alien Nation conceit, where a grumpy human cop was paired with an alien detective.
But in this case, it’s a grumpy human back from the force after being wounded (Karl Urban plays him) paired with a very human-like “synthetic” partner (well played by Michael Ealy). The Urban’s cop doesn’t really like his partner at first — part of his recovery from being wounded includes his own synthetic body parts, which he’s not psyched about — and the pilot traces their first uneasy days together, and naturally suggests ways they might be able to get along.
The show’s debut has been pushed to mid-November, and we’ve got a full trailer which you can see below. Read More »
Only one day has passed but there’s already another rumored front runner for the Star Trek 3 directing gig: Rise of the Planet of the Apes director Rupert Wyatt. Read about that, and lots more, in this edition of Sequel Bits:
- A rumored plot has been revealed for a sequel to The Conjuring.
- Karl Urban wants more originality in Star Trek 3.
- Matt Damon is still open to Bourne and Rounders sequels.
- Anchorman: The Legend Continues graces the cover of Entertainment Weekly.
- Plus, we get our first hint of how Ron Burgundy starts the film.
- Despite rumors, Tara Reid could still be in Sharknado 2.
- The Smurfs 2 will feature extra footage in India.
- 22 Jump Street might have a big surprise cameo.
- Andrew Stanton said Finding Dory originally came from a Disney request.
Read More »
Begun, the TV discussions have. At the TCAs this weekend, ABC executives revealed they’ve started to talk to Lucasfilm about possible ways to bring the Star Wars brand to TV. Below, read about that as well as a few other Star Wars Bits:
- A metal band filmed their music video on Star Wars sets in Tunisia.
- Check out new art from The Star Wars comic book series.
- Star Wars: Battlefront won’t be released until Summer 2015.
- Star Trek star Karl Urban wouldn’t want to be in Star Wars.
- Watch Warwick Davis talk to Anthony Daniels and others at Star Wars Celebration Europe.
Read More »
Briefly: Earlier this week, Karl Urban was quoted as saying only the fans could make a sequel to 2012′s Dredd happen. Now that statement has been taken up a notch. An official petition has begun to circulate, as well as an official Facebook, offering fans the chance to voice their opinions and hopefully let executives know they want to see more stories of everyone’s favorite bad ass judge, jury and executioner. Click on those links for all the info.
Posted on Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 by Angie Han
Karl Urban is pinning his hope on the fans to make Dredd 2 happen. Also after the jump:
- Sharknado 2 will terrorize New York City
- The Chinese government welcomes The Smurfs 2
- The Expendables 3 adds Ronda Rousey and Victor Ortiz
- Charlie Day says Horrible Bosses 2 might film this fall
- Mac and Farva say Super Troopers 2 will shoot this year
- Christopher Guest hints at a Spinal Tap reunion in 2014
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 poster takes to the sky
- See two new pics from Curse of Chucky
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, July 18th, 2013 by Angie Han
Guessing how a TV show will turn out before the first episode even airs is a fool’s errand. Even so, some pilots boast premises or talents so promising we can’t help but be intrigued, and one we’ve been particularly curious about is Fox’s J.H. Wyman-created, J.J. Abrams-produced Almost Human.
Set several decades into the future, the sci-fi drama centers around human cop John Kennex (Karl Urban) and the humanoid android partner, Dorian (Michael Ealy), who’s assigned to him. Russ and I were able to catch a version of the pilot, and you can hit the jump to see our reaction.
Read More »