Posted on Thursday, April 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits has a bit of everything: Tons of casting news, some cute set photos, and a bunch of red-hot posters. After the jump:
- Lifetime’s The Omen sequel Damien moves to A&E
- An Absolutely Fabulous movie will shoot this year
- Heroes Reborn picks up The 100 and True Blood alums
- Jeff Daniels boards the train for the Divergent sequels
- Common and Deon Cole line up for Barbershop 3
- Starship Troopers could be headed to the small screen
- See the photos from the set of Inferno in Venice
- Ogle a series of Magic Mike XXL character posters
- Justin Bieber will make a cameo in Zoolander 2
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, December 19th, 2013 by Angie Han
If you consider sequel news to be a gift, we’ve got a whole sleigh full of presents for you. After the jump:
- No (duh), Justin Bieber won’t replace Paul Walker in Fast & Furious 7
- Zoe Bell could become one of the ExpendaBelles
- Ricky Gervais will be back for Night at the Museum 3
- Phil “You Had One Job” Tippett is returning for Jurassic World
- Hot Tub Time Machine 2 is coming sometime in 2014
- Quentin Tarantino is really not interested in doing Kill Bill 3
- Zoolander 2 is “on hold,” and Dodgeball 2 has a script
- Someone has been arrested for that Transformers extortion attempt
- Sullivan Stapleton and Eva Green gets their own 300 posters
Read More »
If you hated the news of Ben Affleck being cast in Zack Snyder‘s sequel to Man of Steel, you’ll probably blow a gasket for real with this item. Justin Bieber added a new photo to his Instagram feed tonight, in which he shows off his own copy of the Batman vs. Superman script — or a fairly well-made fake that looks like it bears his name. Making things weirder, his only caption was “#robin ??”
This is some real trolling — Bieber is perhaps big enough to get his hands on the script, but he’s rich enough to pay someone to make a good fake. Or maybe just have it handed to him, to as Bieber had tweeted earlier “Off to do something funny… or die.” So everyone can probably relax and enjoy the weekend, and return to ignoring Bieber.
Read More »
This edition of sequel bits has something for almost everyone. We’ve got the tweet girls, we’ve got the teen guys, we’ve got the family crowd, pet lovers and the horror crowd. After the jump read about the following:
- Barry Sonnenfeld confirmed that Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga are both aliens in MIB 3.
- Jessica Alba and Michelle Rodriguez will likely be back for Machette Kills
- Michael Madsen says he’s back for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
- A new poster has been revealed for Piranha 3DD.
- The third (there was a second?) Beverly Hills Chihuahua film just got a release date.
- John Hawkes talks about preparing for Switch, a Jackie Brown prequel
Read More »
Which major celebrity created their own, customized Batmobile? Want to watch Michael Shannon and Tom Hiddleston talk about Man of Steel and The Avengers? How about see a ton of new images from the New York set of The Dark Knight Rises? What do cats look like dressed up as superheroes? Curious how you can make your very own flourescent kryptonite candy? How is North Carolina reacting to their Iron Man 3 news? What is Stan Lee doing with Michael Eisner? Is there video of the Man of Steel scene from which a spoiler-filled set photo surfaced recently? Read about all that and much more in this special four page, weekend edition of Superhero Bits. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Hermione Granger had so much work to do she used a device called a “Time Turner,” enabling her to be in multiple places at one time. It’s quite possible Mark Wahlberg has one of these devices. With the sheer amount of films he’s currently developing, a Time Turner seems as logical an explanation as any. By our count the Oscar-nominated, former leader of the Funky Bunch is currently working on, or is attached to, at least 10 films.
Throw another project on the top of the pile. Wahlberg just revealed that he’s developing a basketball film with music mega star Justin Bieber. Read his quotes and more about the film after the jump. Read More »
Ashton Kutcher‘s last few films haven’t been massive earners, but now he is poised to make a film that could bring him to a fresh young audience. He is part of a project set up at Sony called What Would Kenny Do?, in which a 17-year old encounters his 30-year old self. Oh, that old gag! Ashton Kutcher is the 30-year old version of the character. And now Justin Bieber is reportedly looking at the role of the 17-year old. Read More »
Who wants more Justin Bieber? How about 40 minutes more? Well, you are in luck. After some deliberating, Paramount has decided to release a 40-minute longer Director’s Fan Cut of the hit concert documentary Justin Bieber: Never Say Never this Friday, February 25 only in 3D. Tickets go on sale Tuesday February 22 at 8 p.m. EST. Set those Google Calendars.
In all seriousness, I saw this film over the weekend and…it’s actually pretty good. Way better than Unknown or I Am Number Four. Read the full press release for the re-release and a few reasons why you should care about this news after the break. Read More »
The Sandlot’s Marty “Yeah-Yeah” York and Patrick “Ham” Renna reunite at LA Fitness in Hollywood where York is a personal trainer. [tmz via tdw]
What is Page 2? Page 2 is a compilation of stories and news tidbits, which for whatever reason, didn’t make the front page of /Film. After the jump we’ve included 40 different items, fun images, videos, casting tidbits, articles of interest and more. It’s like a mystery grab bag of movie web related goodness. If you have any interesting items that we might’ve missed that you think should go in /Film’s Page 2 – email us!
Read More »