This year Jurassic World made a huge splash at the box office, proving the dinosaurs and nostalgia make a pretty lethal combination, even if the movie in question could have benefited from a little more innovation and a little less tribute. And even though the film’s opening weekend box office records were just broken by Star Wars: The Force Awakens, there’s still a sequel on the way in 2018, and we’ll see if audiences are still in the mood for more blockbuster dinosaur action.
In the meantime, let’s take a look back at the modern classic that started it all with a video essay that dives into the perfectly crafted T-Rex attack from Jurassic Park. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
With recent news of a Jurassic World trilogy in the works to follow the success of the sequel/reboot this past summer, the popularity of the Jurassic Park franchise might be bigger than it’s ever been. There’s plenty of dinosaur action in our future from Universal Pictures.
Now two fans have taken their love of the franchise to an extreme level with a massive LEGO creation that takes all four of the Jurassic Park movies spanning 22 years and combines them into one giant set, not unlike the LEGO Jurassic World video game that was released this year in conjunction with the movie. Check it out! Read More »
It’s been a couple days since Jurassic World hit Blu-Ray and DVD, and that’s all it took for one fan to compile all of the visual references the sequel/reboot makes to the original Jurassic Park.
Some of these we covered in our list of Jurassic World Easter eggs over the summer, but there’s a lot more visual evidence now that a hard copy of the movie can be used to show them. Check out all the Jurassic Park references in Jurassic World after the jump! Read More »
In the latest edition of Theme Park Bits, we take a look at the following:
- Universal Studios Japan announces new Jurassic Park ride
- Find out when Star Wars Season of the Force will take place in Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando
- See a preview of Pixar’s Good Dinosaur in Disneyland and Walt Disney World
- More information about the Frozen stage production coming to Disney California Adventure
- Get a first look at the Motiongate theme park coming to Dubai in 2016
- Universal Orlando follows Disney’s lead and raises Annual Pass and parking prices
- Comcast is buying 51% stake in Universal Studios Japan
All this and more, hit the jump to get started.
Read More »
Its been a while since we’re covered the short ends in the world of theme parks, so lets get to it. Here is what you can expect to see in today’s theme park bits:
- Beijing To build largest Universal Studios theme park
- See the first poster for Universal Studios Hollywood’s The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Watch a video and see photos to see how far along The Wizarding World of Harry Potter construction is.
- An Indiana Jones themed bar will open next week in Walt Disney World.
- Ariel photos of Avatar Land’s construction in Orlando.
- Star Wars themed shop “Watto’s Grotto” Opens At Hollywood Studios
- Walt’s Restaurant has been confirmed for Downtown Disney in Orlando
- See a video from rehearsals of Tangled: The Musical.
- Disneyland replaces their popcorn.
All that and more. Hit the jump to board the ride. (watch your step)
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, August 20th, 2015 by Angie Han
Amid a tsunami of tie-ins that included sequels, video games, toys, games, etc., the one thing the Jurassic Park franchise never got was an cartoon. But it wasn’t for lack of trying. Artist William Stout has revealed there were once plans for a Jurassic Park animated series, described as a “mature” primetime show with a “graphic novel look.”
Alas, Steven Spielberg never signed off, so we never got to see the show. But now thanks to Stout’s concept art, we can dream about what might’ve been. See the Jurassic Park animated series artwork after the jump.
Read More »
Jurassic World dominated the box office, becoming the third largest grossing movie of all time and having the #1 global opening of all-time. And now Universal Pictures has announced that a Jurassic World sequel will hit theaters in 2018. Find out more, after the jump.
Read More »
Dinosaurs assemble! Universal Pictures returned to the world of prehistoric action this summer with Jurassic World, a simultaneous sequel and reboot of the popular film franchise started by Steven Spielberg in 1993. The film has been a runaway hit, spending a few weekends at #1 (which isn’t easy in today’s crowded summer release calendar), and now it’s officially even bigger.
Today, Jurassic World officially passed The Avengers on the worldwide box office gross chart to become the #3 highest grossing movie ever. The only two films ahead of Jurassic World are James Cameron’s monstrous hits, Best Picture winner Titanic at #2 and sci-fi spectacle Avatar at #1.
Find out more about the Jurassic World box office after the jump! Read More »
Before Jurassic World even hit theaters, it was already getting spoofed online with a completely wacky edit of the trailer, complete with velociraptors riding motorcycles alongside Chris Pratt (don’t forget you can bid to win that motorcycle starting July 23rd).
And now that the sequel has been unleashed, it’s time for the entire preceding Jurassic Park trilogy to get a flashy makeover to be more in tune with Jurassic World. More specifically, everyone will now be wearing high heels. And I do mean everyone.
Watch Jurassic Park High Heels Edition after the jump! Read More »