HBO already had one massive hit movie this year (Steven Soderbergh’s Behind the Candelabra) and it looks like they’re about to have another. The first full trailer for Larry David‘s Clear History is out. Unlike the teaser, it gives us a look at the more familiar side of David as well as the laundry list of co-stars including Jon Hamm, Michael Keaton, Bill Hader, Danny McBride, Philip Baker Hall, Amy Ryan, Kate Hudson, Eva Mendes, and JB Smoove.
Directed by Greg Mottola, the film premieres August 10. Check out the trailer below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 by Angie Han
AMC’s keeping their fingers crossed that The Walking Dead will never, ever end. Also after the jump:
- Ricky Gervais‘ Derek comes to Netflix this fall
- ABC reveals plans to finish 666 Park Ave and Apt. 23
- Will Damon Wayans Jr. return to New Girl?
- Guillermo del Toro’s The Strain adds a Twilight star
- Emma Roberts boards American Horror Story
- Homeland gets some fresh faces
- First pics from Bonnie & Clyde revealed
- See teasers for Newsroom, Boardwalk Empire, and Clear History
Read More »
Despicable Me was a hit, and this summer’s Despicable Me 2 is sure to be a hit as well. So Universal is well on their way to production on next year’s spinoff, Minions. They’ve already landed Oscar-winner Sandra Bullock as Scarlet Overkill, an evil woman attempting world domination, and now they’ve added an Emmy-winner to her ranks.
Mad Men‘s Jon Hamm has just joined the film. He’ll play Overkill’s husband, an inventor, who may or may not share his wife’s ambition for the domination of mankind. Either way, they’ll both have plenty of little yellow men to worry about. Read more details about the film’s plot below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, March 12th, 2013 by Angie Han
Matthew Weiner‘s intense secrecy can get a bit frustrating for fans eager to know more, but it has its upsides as well. One is the fact that even the barest hints about Mad Men turn into an exciting guessing game.
After a batch of totally unrevealing promo stills and an even more opaque teaser trailer, we now have our first look at the official Season 6 poster. There’s still no direct indication of where the new episodes are headed, but there are plenty of clues about key themes coming up. Even better, said clues are depicted by Brian Sanders, a veteran illustrator once employed by Stanley Kubrick to paint and draw scenes from the set of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Hit the jump to check it out.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
David Brent is coming back, as is Whose Line It Anyway? Also after the jump:
- Lee Pace, Angela Kinsey, Michael Ealy and more book pilots
- Entourage‘s Rhys Chorio will drop by Dexter next season
- Ron Livingston and Brian Geraghty join Boardwalk Empire
- FX’s Archer and Syfy’s Lost Girl get renewals
- Goodwin Games, Louis CK‘s new special get premiere dates
- The CW cancels 90210 and moves Cult to Fridays
- AMC confirms Scott Gimple as the new Walking Dead showrunner
- Dylan McDermott drops a hint about American Horror Story
- Most PaleyFest 2013 panels will stream live online
- Netflix announces the Flixies awards
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013 by Angie Han
AMC’s still playing coy with the return date for Breaking Bad‘s final season, even though star Aaron Paul seemingly let it slip earlier this month. But if they won’t say when Walt and Jesse will be back on the screen, at least they’ve finally revealed when the hard-working men and women of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce will. The cable network has just announced a spring bow for Mad Men, which is entering its sixth (and second-to-last) season. More details after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, December 7th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s TV bits is stuffed to the brim with new project announcements, casting notices, trailers, and much more. After the jump:
- Mike Judge and Scott Rudin team for Silicon Valley at HBO
- FX is adapting J. Michael Feldman‘s show Fairy Tale Theater
- Goonies co-stars Sean Astin and Corey Feldman reunite on TMNT
- The Newsroom casts someone to play a Romney campaign staffer
- Sean Bean replaces Brendan Fraser in TNT’s spy drama Legends
- The CW gives freshman drama series Cult a February premiere date
- Jon Hamm and John Slattery direct more episodes of Mad Men
- Is Doctor Who uniting all 11 Doctors for an anniversary special?
- How would you like to create a title sequence for A&E’s Bates Motel?
- Read an in-depth oral history of beloved cult classic Freaks & Geeks
- Hannah fails to get a job in a deleted scene from Season 1 of Girls
- Laura Dern has big plans in the Enlightened Season 2 teaser
- See a teaser for the Beyonce-directed documentary about Beyonce
- Check out a production video from the Game of Thrones set
- Showtime offers up a teaser for season 6 of Californication
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, November 12th, 2012 by Angie Han
At first blush, Harry Potter and Don Draper wouldn’t seem to have much in common, but according to a new Brit miniseries, the former grows up to become the latter. Daniel Radcliffe and Jon Hamm signed on several months back to star in the drama-comedy A Young Doctor’s Notebook, as younger and older versions of the same character.
A batch of set photos circulated a few weeks back, showing the actors trying their hardest (and mostly failing IMO) to look like the same person, and now the first trailer has hit the web. Hit the jump to see if they fare any better on video. At the very least, you’ll get to enjoy the novelty of seeing these two engage in some steamy loofah action.
Read More »