In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits, we take a look at the following Star Wars: The Force Awakens tidbits:
- Information on how you can buy Kako’s “T-70 X-Wing” print pictured above.
- What attracted John Boyega to the character of Finn and how many lightsabers does he own?
- Watch Daisy Ridley talk about working with the original cast on Force Awakens.
- Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew talks about watching the trailer for the first time.
- John Boyega talks about hearing John Williams‘ “Finn” theme from The Force Awakens.
- Mark Hamill and John Boyega join campaign to let terminally ill fan see Force Awakens early.
- AMC and Cinemark ban masks and lightsabers from screenings of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Hear J.J. Abrams‘ story about what happened when he won a bet with Harrison Ford.
- Find out the details of the special Star Wars-focused issue of D23 Magazine.
All that and more. Hit the jump to lightspeed.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, October 29th, 2015 by Angie Han
Who am I? I’m no one… but I do come bearing a generous bounty of Star Wars-related tidbits! After the jump:
- Stephen Colbert and J.J. Abrams will talk Star Wars in New Jersey
- No more trailers are coming for Star Wars Episode VII
- Luke Skywalker is all over this “new” Force Awakens trailer
- Why Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was ahead of its time
- William Shatner keeps the Star Wars / Star Trek rivalry alive
- John Boyega and Daisy Ridley hang out with John Williams
- Give your loved ones a basket of Ewoks for Christmas this year
- Could the cancelled Darth Maul video game get resurrected?
- Why none of us will ever truly know how Star Wars ends
Read More »
If you’re anything like me, you’re watched and rewatched the final Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer more times than you care to admit. You may have even broken down the trailer, shot by shot to see what secrets were hidden in each frame (oh, was that only me?). One aspect of the trailer that I admire every time I watch it is the music. Is it a new John Williams score? Who created this music? After the jump, I try to get to the bottom of that question. Plus: Watch a great music-only version of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer.
Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits, we take a look at the following stories:
- Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy says a woman will direct a Star Wars movie and Elizabeth Banks says she is ready for that job.
- Alan Tudyk talks about his time on set filming Star Wars: Rogue One.
- How Star Wars played a role in Brie Larson‘s drama Room.
- Find out how to buy the Luke Skywalker’s lost hand limited edition action figure.
- Watch the Star Wars Rebels Season 2 press conference from NYCC.
- The George Lucas Museum secures city parks approval in Chicago.
- Watch Darth Vader take out a snow speeder with his lightsaber in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Read the plot synopsizes for four upcoming Star Wars: Journey to the Force Awakens short stories by Landry Quinn.
All that and more, in today’s edition of Star Wars Bits. Hit the jump to hyperspace.
Read More »
One of the best things about a new Star Wars movie coming this winter is that we’re also getting an entirely new feature length score from legendary composer John Williams. However, for fans who were hoping to hear the music he wrote far in advance of the movie’s release, we have some potentially bad news.
A press release from Walt Disney Records went out today announcing that the Star Wars: The Force Awakens score won’t be available for purchase until the movie is in theaters this holiday season. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
It’s hard to imagine what Star Wars would be like without the incredible music of composer John Williams. The themes created by the master of movie music are just as iconic as the movie itself, and more recognizable than 95% of the scores we hear for movies. But how does Williams prepare to write music for films?
Some vintage footage from 1980 shows Williams sitting down with producer George Lucas, director Irvin Kershner and producer Gary Kurtz to watch a cut of The Empire Strikes Back without music in order to figure out what he wants to do with the score for these scenes. In the clip, you actually get to see footage from the Star Wars sequel with a temporary soundtrack, and it’s absolutely fascinating. Read More »
Posted on Friday, August 14th, 2015 by Angie Han
Had enough Star Wars yet this week? Surely not. After the jump:
- Check out another new image from Star Wars: Battlefront
- … and get details on the game’s just-announced “Supremacy” mode
- The Battlefront tie-in novel Twilight Company gets an official synopsis
- Ooh and aah over the pretty colors of the Star Wars CoverGirl makeup collection
- … and find out which other brands are partnering with Lucasfilm for The Force Awakens
- Go inside ILM‘s VR and augmented reality think tank, xLab (Rogue One‘s Gareth Edwards is a fan)
- An anonymous insider reports from a John Williams recording session
- Force Awakens returns to Skellig Michael for more shooting this fall
- Are the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens 3.75″ toys hinting at something?
- See a preview of Kanan: The Last Padawan #5 and Star Wars #8
- Shattered Empire #1 gets pushed back a week (boo), and reveals a variant cover (yay!)
Read More »
Mondo previously released John Williams‘ Jurassic Park soundtrack on a beautiful limited edition vinyl release featuring art by JC Richards and Dan McCarthy. Now Mondo have revealed their sequel, a vinyl pressing of Michael Giacchino‘s Jurassic World score featuring original cover artwork by Stan & Vince. See and learn about the the limited edition Mondo Jurassic World vinyl release after the jump.
Read More »
Many forms of media are present in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Vinyl, video games, television, movies, comic books and so much more. Below, read about the following:
- John Williams‘ score for Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace is now on vinyl.
- Photos of Princess Leia in Star Wars: The Force Awakens leak.
- See the Boba Fett Disney Infinity 3.0 figure and a new E3 trailer.
- Visceral Games continues to tease a new Star Wars game.
- Watch a new clip from Star Wars Rebels season 2.
- See a variant cover for the comic Star Wars: Shattered Empire #1.
- Watch a conversation with Frank Oz from Disney’s Star Wars Weekends.
- Gawker Media offers to buy the script for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Mark Hamill‘s role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens is questioned.
- What Force Awakens ship could also appear in Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One?
- How does Finn fit in between the Resistance and First Order?
Read More »