Posted on Monday, September 12th, 2016 by Angie Han
James Gunn has been tied up with Marvel movies for the past couple of years, but somewhere in there, he found the time to write and produce The Belko Experiment. Greg McLean, the Aussie filmmaker behind the nasty Wolf Creek films, takes the helm, and the result is a simple, entertaining horror-thriller that doesn’t take itself too seriously. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Monday, June 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
When MTV unveiled their new take on Teen Wolf in 2011, their efforts were initially met with eyerolls from folks old enough to remember the original Teen Wolf. The new series didn’t bear much of a resemblance to its ostensible source material, which had been a somewhat cheesy ’80s comedy. If anything, the new show was much more like the angsty Twilight, with its ripped, frequently shirtless shapeshifters.
But perhaps it’s for the best that MTV took the property in an entirely different direction after all. Because according to Jack Black‘s new Teen Wolf sequel Adult Wolf, Scott Howard’s life went on a steep downward trajectory after adolescence. “Back in high school I had it all: Brains, skills, girls, but after graduation, everything just fell apart,” he reflects. “Now I’ve got no job, no girlfriend, and one very annoying roommate.” Check out the “sizzle reel” after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
David Brent is coming back, as is Whose Line It Anyway? Also after the jump:
- Lee Pace, Angela Kinsey, Michael Ealy and more book pilots
- Entourage‘s Rhys Chorio will drop by Dexter next season
- Ron Livingston and Brian Geraghty join Boardwalk Empire
- FX’s Archer and Syfy’s Lost Girl get renewals
- Goodwin Games, Louis CK‘s new special get premiere dates
- The CW cancels 90210 and moves Cult to Fridays
- AMC confirms Scott Gimple as the new Walking Dead showrunner
- Dylan McDermott drops a hint about American Horror Story
- Most PaleyFest 2013 panels will stream live online
- Netflix announces the Flixies awards
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, June 26th, 2012 by Angie Han
Ever since Tyler Perry was first cast as Alex Cross in Summit’s James Patterson franchise reboot, fans have understandably been pretty skeptical. Remember, this is a role once played by the great Morgan Freeman in Kiss the Girls and Along Came a Spider. Any actor would have his work cut out for him following an act like that, but Perry in particular — who’s best known for his cross-dressing, comedic performances as Madea — seemed like an odd fit.
But the more optimistic among us were willing to give Perry the benefit of the doubt until we saw some footage, and now that the first trailer has hit we have a better idea of what Perry’s capable of in the part. The upcoming Alex Cross features the DC detective engaged in a cat-and-mouse game with Picass0 (a nearly unrecognizable Matthew Fox), a psychotic killer. Watch the trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Casting! Here’s info one one potentially great project, one that will probably find an appreciative audience, and one that will perhaps just make you hungry. I’ll let you figure out which is which:
- Wentworth Miller joins Park Chan-wook’s first English-language film, Stoker,
- John C. McGinley will realize his destiny by playing police chief to Tyler Perry in I, Alex Cross,
- and Tyler Posey will go to war with rival taco vendors in Taco Shop.
Read More »