Posted on Thursday, August 14th, 2014 by Angie Han
Even after his passing, Robin Williams is managing to bring a little levity into our lives. Two clips have just been released for his indie comedy Merry Friggin’ Christmas, the first of four unreleased films he left behind.
Joel McHale and Lauren Graham also star in the indie comedy. Watch the Merry Friggin’ Christmas clips after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
You love Guardians of the Galaxy, we love Guardians of the Galaxy, pretty much everyone loves Guardians of the Galaxy. After a massive, massive opening weekend to go along with stellar reviews (currently 93% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes), the Guardians of the Galaxy have officially become a piece of popular culture. How do you cement that? You get celebrities behind the film.
Dozens and dozens of comedians, directors and various other famous people took to Twitter over the weekend to praise James Gunn‘s film and you can check out a bunch of their wildly positive Guardians of the Galaxy celebrity tweets below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 10th, 2014 by Angie Han
In the hottest, stickiest days of summer, Scott Derrickson (Sinister) will be trying his best to give you the chills. Sony’s big release this Fourth of July weekend is Derrickson’s Deliver Us From Evil, and a new international trailer has been served up to show you what it’s all about.
Inspired by a true story (because of course it is), Deliver Us From Evil centers around NYPD cop Ralph Sarchie (Eric Bana), who teams with an unconventional priest (Édgar Ramírez) to investigate a series of disturbing crimes. Sarchie is initially skeptical about the whole supernatural angle, but eventually comes around after he sees too many things that can’t be explained.
Watch the Deliver Us From Evil international trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Can series creator Dan Harmon put the shine back on Community? Ousted for the show’s fourth season, he’s back for the fifth, which premieres on January 2. This teaser suggests that Harmon has done a lot of course correcting — while I couldn’t get through much of the fourth season, this teaser has me ready to check out the fifth. In fact, I’m now eager to see this season, and I would never have guessed I’d feel that way after struggling through the first third of season four before giving up.
In fact, interviews see star Joel McHale saying that Harmon is “basically calling it a re-pilot of the show, where he’s re-establishing all the characters and grounding (them).” And there’s a lot of work to do: Chevy Chase left the cast, Donald Glover is leaving partway through season five, and John Oliver is returning.
But this little bit of footage suggests that Harmon might have been able to (re)ground the characters without losing the zany, unpredictable aspects of the show. Check it out below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, February 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
I am going to assume that the Futurama crew, like the rest of the Internet, is cheering in celebration of Community‘s return. After the jump:
- Dean Norris says Breaking Bad‘s final run is “Hank-centric”
- Roy from The Office is Beverly Hills Cop‘s new Judge Reinhold
- George R.R. Martin could develop more shows for HBO
- See the real-life models for the staff of ISIS on Archer
- Marc Maron‘s IFC series, titled Maron, unveils a first teaser
- Syfy has a new trailer for its upcoming series Defiance
- Mother and son are creepy in Bates Motel‘s new teaser and poster
- Comedy Central offers a peek at the next season of Futurama
- Get ready for Community‘s long-awaited return with a new trailer
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Until not so long ago, fans of Community might have been excited for, or at least interested in tonight’s TV schedule. The show’s fourth season was originally set to premiere tonight, giving us the first taste of the troubled series without creator Dan Harmon. But the shortened season, now run by David Guarascio and Moses Port, has been indefinitely delayed by NBC.
But you can have some new Community today, as the cast (Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Yvette Nicole Brown, Alison Brie, Donald Glover, Chevy Chase, Ken Jeong, Jim Rash) has come together to create a promo to explain just what today really means for fans of the show. Hint: it’s a mental state. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 9th, 2012 by Angie Han
Forget The Bourne Legacy — the Ludlum-inspired story I’m really eager to see is this Bob’s Burgers / Archer crossover. Also after the jump:
- Dan Harmon has more to say the Community ousting
- Bridesmaids‘ Matt Lucas will teach the Community gang
- See Joel McHale tangling with SAMCRO on Sons of Anarchy
- Check out the first pics from Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire
- Workaholics stars spotted on Arrested Development set
- New Homeland poster promises Season 2 will “hit home”
- The whole gang hangs out in Walking Dead Season 3 poster
Read More »
This edition of TV Bits has casting, rumors, Lego and even some controversy. After the jump read about:
- Joel McHale will join FX’s Sons of Anarchy for a multi-episode story this season.
- Broadway actor Sebastian Arcelus joins Kevin Spacey and David Fincher‘s Netflix show House of Cards.
- Watch classic scenes from The Wire in Lego. It’s even better than it sounds.
- Guillermo Del Toro offers an update on the Hulk pilot.
- Emmy nominee Giancarlo Esposito has some interesting thoughts on this season of Breaking Bad.
- Fred Willard has been fired from his PBS show Market Warriors after being caught in a XXX rated theater.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, June 28th, 2012 by Angie Han
Community fans who are still reeling from the loss of showrunner/creator Dan Harmon will be happy to hear that at least some of the other key players on the series remain firmly locked in place. The entire core cast is officially set to return for the NBC comedy’s upcoming fourth season. Aside from noted discontent Chevy Chase, I don’t know that there was ever much doubt the stars would be back, but it’s good news all the same. More details after the jump.
Read More »