Until not so long ago, fans of Community might have been excited for, or at least interested in tonight’s TV schedule. The show’s fourth season was originally set to premiere tonight, giving us the first taste of the troubled series without creator Dan Harmon. But the shortened season, now run by David Guarascio and Moses Port, has been indefinitely delayed by NBC.
But you can have some new Community today, as the cast (Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Yvette Nicole Brown, Alison Brie, Donald Glover, Chevy Chase, Ken Jeong, Jim Rash) has come together to create a promo to explain just what today really means for fans of the show. Hint: it’s a mental state. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, August 9th, 2012 by Angie Han
Forget The Bourne Legacy — the Ludlum-inspired story I’m really eager to see is this Bob’s Burgers / Archer crossover. Also after the jump:
- Dan Harmon has more to say the Community ousting
- Bridesmaids‘ Matt Lucas will teach the Community gang
- See Joel McHale tangling with SAMCRO on Sons of Anarchy
- Check out the first pics from Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire
- Workaholics stars spotted on Arrested Development set
- New Homeland poster promises Season 2 will “hit home”
- The whole gang hangs out in Walking Dead Season 3 poster
Read More »
This edition of TV Bits has casting, rumors, Lego and even some controversy. After the jump read about:
- Joel McHale will join FX’s Sons of Anarchy for a multi-episode story this season.
- Broadway actor Sebastian Arcelus joins Kevin Spacey and David Fincher‘s Netflix show House of Cards.
- Watch classic scenes from The Wire in Lego. It’s even better than it sounds.
- Guillermo Del Toro offers an update on the Hulk pilot.
- Emmy nominee Giancarlo Esposito has some interesting thoughts on this season of Breaking Bad.
- Fred Willard has been fired from his PBS show Market Warriors after being caught in a XXX rated theater.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, June 28th, 2012 by Angie Han
Community fans who are still reeling from the loss of showrunner/creator Dan Harmon will be happy to hear that at least some of the other key players on the series remain firmly locked in place. The entire core cast is officially set to return for the NBC comedy’s upcoming fourth season. Aside from noted discontent Chevy Chase, I don’t know that there was ever much doubt the stars would be back, but it’s good news all the same. More details after the jump.
Read More »
The first trailer for Ted, the debut feature from Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane, probably had to be a red-band clip. The film stars Mark Wahlberg as a guy who once got his wish to have his teddy bear come to life, but now has to life his adult life with a foulmothed stuffed companion. (Voiced by MacFarlane.) When he meets the girl of his dreams (Mila Kunis), conflict naturally arises between the old companion and the new.
The trailer lets us know that the film is from the man behind Family Guy pretty fast, but I imagine most people will have that fact pegged even sooner, thanks to MacFarlane’s recognizable voice. Ted sounds like a furry little Peter Griffin, and the humor shown off here is a bit like what might happen on Family Guy if all restrictions on language were lifted. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, March 8th, 2012 by Angie Han
There’s good stuff today for fans of Community, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, and even the just-cancelled Terra Nova. After the jump:
- Terra Nova could go the way of Arrested Development
- A new Community trailer hints at the madness to come
- Cast and crew continue to play coy in new Mad Men featurette
- Kurt Sutter hints at Sons of Anarchy Season 5, wants to do a prequel
- Ken Marino joins Judy Greer in American Judy
Read More »
Posted on Friday, December 9th, 2011 by Angie Han
Community‘s hiatus starts now, but Greendale’s coolest study group isn’t about to go quietly. Also, people who’ve previously created things we like are creating other things we also hope to like. After the jump:
- The Community gang makes a “Save Greendale” PSA, crashes The Soup
- The WGA and PGA announce their award nominations
- J.J. Abrams and One Tree Hill creator Mark Schwahn sell a drama to The CW
- HBO is about to start production on The Viagra Diaries with Goldie Hawn
- Parks & Recreation co-creator Greg Daniels develops two animated projects for NBC
Read More »
[The following contains spoilers for the first four episodes of Season 3 of Community.]
Every year, I eagerly anticipate any film or TV series that will engage me in the trials of its characters, and encourage me to consider how its using those trials to communicate something perceptive, challenging or entertaining about the world around us. Community, alongside FX’s Louie, is a rare example of a comedy show that succeeds at doing just that.
In under 22 minutes.
Arrested Development may have thrown down the gauntlet for most intricately layered TV sitcom, but Community has picked that gauntlet up and is running wild with it. I already feel comfortable proclaiming this week’s episode, “Remedial Chaos Theory”, to be the absolute best episode of Community thus far. Yes, better than the Goodfellas tribute “Contemporary American Poultry”. Yes, better than the zombie halloween episode “Epidemiology”. Yes, better even than the everyone’s favorite action parody, “Modern Warfare”.
High praise, no doubt. But what else is one to do when confronted with one of the best half hours of television in the history of the medium? Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 2nd, 2011 by Angie Han
Sad as I am to see summer go, there is something I’m really looking forward to about the coming months, and that is the advent of the television’s regular season. After a long summer away from my imaginary friends in Pawnee, Greendale, and Lima, I’m eager to check back in and see what the new premieres have to offer. Hit the jump to see:
- The beginnings of a triple-Tammy drink-off in a preview for Parks & Recreation Season 4
- Greendale Community College literally dancing for joy in the promo for Community Season 3
- Those crazy New Directions kids up to their usual tricks again in a spot for Glee Season 3
Read More »