Posted on Friday, February 14th, 2014 by Angie Han
For a film based on an iconic toy line and produced by a major studio, The Lego Movie was surprisingly original. Or that’s what we thought — but it seems that not everyone agrees.
Jerry Seinfeld took to Twitter to complain that Phil Lord and Chris Miller‘s film “stole” his bit about the awkward relationship between Superman and Green Lantern. Does his argument hold water? Hit the jump to see what Seinfeld is talking about.
Read More »
Is it a Super Bowl Commercial? Is it an episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee? Actually, it’s both. That mysterious Seinfeld reunion everyone has been talking about for weeks was both a preamble to Super Bowl halftime, and a tease to a full episode of Jerry Seinfeld‘s online show. It features Jerry Seinfeld as Jerry, Jason Alexander as George Costanza, and a familiar guest star. Check it out below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 31st, 2014 by Angie Han
What a great time for ’90s nostalgia. The Backstreet Boys are touring again, crop tops are coming back into fashion, and Disney is going ahead with the Boy Meets World spinoff Girl Meets World. Now we also have reunions from the Seinfeld and Full House casts to look forward to.
While appearing on the WFAN show Boomer & Carton yesterday, Jerry Seinfeld confirmed that the “big, huge, gigantic” project he’s been working on with Larry David is indeed a Seinfeld reunion, as has been rumored. He declined to give details, however, saying only that Jason Alexander would play George Costanza, and that other characters from the show would also be involved.
Seinfeld said that the “secret project,” which he described as a “short-ish form” one-off, was neither a Super Bowl commercial nor a Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee episode — but that “it is not not those things, either.” Whatever it is, we shouldn’t have to wait long to see it, as Seinfeld also promised that it’d be released “very, very soon.” [Variety]
After the jump, the men of Full House, who’ve already re-teamed for an Super Bowl ad, tease a potential sequel with “a twist.”
Read More »
Jerry Seinfeld‘s thoughts on Man of Steel might have been the most popular quote from the comedian’s recent Reddit AMA, but the biggest news was the announcement of a mystery reunion with Larry David. David co-created Seinfeld with the comedian and took some of the show’s sensibility — David’s half of it, at least — to HBO with Curb Your Enthusiasm. The pair remain friends, and they collaborated on a massive Seinfeld/Curb crossover a few years back. Seinfeld revealed in the AMA the pair are working on a “big, huge, gigantic” project. The identity of that project has now been revealed. Read More »
Jerry Seinfeld jumped on Reddit Monday to do a very extensive Ask Me Anything in which he covered a huge gamut of topics. He talked about a major problem he had with Man of Steel, working on a new project with Larry David, his favorite Seinfeld episodes, quotes, retrospective feelings on the finale, Bee Movie and more. Below, read the ten best moments from the Seinfeld AMA. Read More »
By now comedy fans are well aware of Jerry Seinfeld‘s online series, Comedians in Cars With Coffee. It’s a fun show where Seinfeld takes out a new exotic car, picks up a famous comedian, and they get coffee and talk about life. The latest episode is the season three premiere, and features Louis CK. About 14 minutes in, CK explains one of his favorite things in life is going to an IMAX 3D movie stoned. But not just that. He has a whole process on what food to bring, what pockets things go in, how to get there and his favorite part of the whole experience: “The Blue Numbers.” Check out the video below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, June 7th, 2013 by Angie Han
Gather ’round, kids, and let’s watch some things advertising other things to watch. After the jump:
- Mitch Hurwitz reveals his scrapped plans for a George Clooney cameo in Arrested Development
- ABC picks up a drama from The L Word‘s Ilene Chaiken and Bryan Singer
- BBC One and the Jim Henson Co. are teaming for a new Muppets-like show
- Here’s what Helena Bonham Carter looks like as Elizabeth Taylor
- See a teaser for The Anna Nicole Story, from American Psycho‘s Mary Harron
- Watch a trailer for Netflix’s next original series Orange Is the New Black
- FX’s latest promo for The Bridge is full of border-related factoids
- Jerry Seinfeld‘s Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee returns this month
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 by Angie Han
Between American Horror Story and Sons of Anarchy, almost half of this post is FX teasers. After the jump:
- Syfy will reboot the Brit cult sci-fi series Blake’s 7
- Fox picks up a new comedy by the Parks & Rec team
- Dwight-centric Office spinoff The Farm begins casting
- Jessica De Gouw joins The CW’s Arrow as the Huntress
- See Breaking Bad stars on old episodes of Seinfeld
- Doctor Who gets a premiere date and a new trailer
- Watch three more trailers for FX’s Sons of Anarchy
- See more creepy teasers for American Horror Story
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Jerry Seinfeld has a new show out, but you won’t find it on a network and it’s not in syndication. Seinfeld’s new show – Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee – is online only and is exactly what the title says.
The comedian, famous for his ’90s TV show sharing his name, takes one of his classic cars out, picks up a famous comedian, and gets a cup of coffee. Then the two just converse and discuss whatever comes to their minds. In the first episode, Seinfeld picks up his long-time friend and collaborator Larry David who says that, finally, Seinfeld really has a show about nothing.
The episode was so good that, even at 13 minutes, I didn’t want it to end. Check it out after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Friday, July 6th, 2012 by Angie Han
Thanks to Independence Day, it’s been a fairly slow week for film news — but it looks like the TV folks have been keeping themselves plenty busy over the past few days. After the jump:
- Danny McBride talks the surprise fourth season of Eastbound & Down
- A Fraggle Rock spin-off, The Doozers, will shoot in Canada this month
- Watch a teaser for Jerry Seinfeld‘s Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
- Frank Darabont‘s L.A. Noir pics show Jon Bernthal and Simon Pegg
Read More »