The art above is the production logo for That’s What I’m Talking About, the new film from Richard Linklater. We’re stretching the definition of “sequel bits” just a little here, but the movie has been called a “spiritual sequel” to Dazed and Confused. Linklater started production on the movie this week, and that image is in celebration of the ongoing production.
- The Woman in Black – Angel of Death gets a new US release date,
- James Wan talks about Fast & Furious 7,
- Producers suggest there’s a plan for a new Saw film in 2016,
- A new Horrible Bosses 2 poster goes online,
- As does a Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb poster,
- And James Cameron talks Terminator.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Update: Lionsgate has released a Saw 10th anniversary re-release trailer and special poster promoting the event.
Lionsgate is set to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the theatrical release of SAW by bringing the film back to theaters nationwide for a one-week run starting on Friday, October 31st with select screenings beginning Thursday night, October 30th. Complain all you want about the series of films that it spawned but the original is actually a pretty interesting indie film. (I first discovered it the 2004 Sundance Film Festival.) The director of the original film, James Wan, has gone on to create the Insidious franchise, as well as directing The Conjuring and the upcoming Fast & Furious 7. Read the full Saw 2014 rerelease press release after the jump.
Read More »
After the tragic death of star Paul Walker, the fate of Fast and Furious 7 was very much in doubt. Everyone knew Walker would want nothing more than the film to be finished, and the cast and crew pulled together to get the movie done. New cast members were added and a later release date was set. Finally, Fast and Furious 7 finished filming this week. It’s the same week, coincidentally, that the film was originally going to be released in theaters.
To mark the occasion, a note was put on the Fast and Furious Facebook page thanking fans for their kinds words and prayers. It’s a really nice tribute to Walker and the rest of the group. Read it below. Read More »
Two James Wan projects have new release dates. Wan’s first entry in the Fast & Furious series, Fast & Furious 7, will now open a week earlier than previously planned. And Insidious Chapter 3, which counts Wan as co-creator and producer, with Leigh Whannell writing and directing, is now set for May 2015. Details on both films follow after the break. Read More »
That James Wan guy is everywhere. After influencing the horror genre multiple times in the past few years (with Saw and Insidious) he’s currently producing the third Insidious, directing Fast and Furious 7, and now selling the rights to a graphic novel he wrote with an eye to direct. The graphic novel is called Malignant Man, and follows a man who thinks he suffers from cancer, only to realize his aliment is actually a mysterious, powerful parasite that gives him powers. Read more about James Wan’s Malignant Man below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The two Insidious films, released in 2011 and 2013, were written by Leigh Whannell and director James Wan, the same pair that created the Saw series. We’ve known for a while that a third Insidious film would arrive in 2015, and that Whannell is writing that, too.
But with Wan moving on to direct Fast and Furious 7, where does that leave the third Insidious film? With Leigh Whannell directing, as it turns out. The writer/actor has just been announced as the director of Insidious: Chapter 3. Read More »
Posted on Monday, March 31st, 2014 by Angie Han
Frozone will be back with his BFF for the Incredibles sequel, according to Samuel L. Jackson. Also after the jump:
- Logan Lerman says Percy Jackson 3 is “not happening”
- Jonny Weston is signing on for Taken 3
- Jurassic World will be shooting at the Honolulu Zoo
- Peter Jackson is putting the final touches on the final Hobbit film
- The Conjuring franchise could be stalled by a lawsuit
- See the How to Train Your Dragon 2 score being recorded
- Cameras are rolling once more on Fast & Furious 7
- Sharknado 2 gets a poster and a premiere date
- Peek behind the scenes of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
- A Haunted House 2 has a red-band trailer to share
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, February 27th, 2014 by Angie Han
With a new script, a new release date, and a new plan for working around Paul Walker‘s passing, Fast & Furious 7 is finally getting ready to resume production.
Universal is gearing up to start filming again in Atlanta, where the high-speed actioner had been shooting before Walker’s death. More details on the shoot after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, January 30th, 2014 by Angie Han
Vin Diesel has Fast & Furious 7 and a fourth Riddick movie coming up, and now he has XXX 3: The Return of Xander Cage to look forward to, too. Also after the jump:
- Perrey Reeves will return as “Mrs. Ari” for the Entourage movie
- Vera Farmiga says The Conjuring 2 is waiting on James Wan
- The Purge sequel starts shooting in LA and picks up a new title
- Lifetime is moving ahead with a Flowers in the Attic sequel
- Here’s a better look at Transformers‘ Bumblebee in robot mode
- … and a more detailed synopsis of the movie
Read More »