This was rumored a couple days ago, but now ABC and LucasFilm are pushing it hard: the Star Wars Rebels opening event episode, Spark of the Rebellion, will be re-aired on network television. But when Spark hits ABC it won’t just be the same thing we saw on Disney Channel a couple weeks ago. This time, Spark will feature some new material in which we see Darth Vader, once again voiced by James Earl Jones. Given that the companies are blasting out press releases with this info, we’ll assume that it will end up in ads for the re-airing, and that it isn’t a spoiler.
Read more info below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The animated series Star Wars Rebels premieres on the Disney Channel tonight (at 9 ET/PT) and will then bounce to Mondays on Disney XD, beginning October 13. The show is set in the period between episodes three and four — so between Revenge of the Sith and the original Star Wars — and features some original trilogy vibe as it tracks the rise of the Rebellion.
It sounds like we’ll see (or at least hear) the return of Darth Vader in the show — something that has been hinted at and rumored for months. And it seems as if James Earl Jones will be back to voice him. Below, check out that info, along with all these Rebels bits.
- The official Star Wars site has an interview with producer Simon Kinberg.
- Dave Filoni and Joel Aron talk about lightsabers in Rebels.
- See a Rebels clip featuring Sabine Wren and Hera Syndulla and some creatures.
- Another clip features a lightsaber duel involving the Inquisitor.
- Watch Rebels red carpet interviews with the cast and crew.
- Exec producer Greg Weisman will leave Rebels after the first season.
Read More »
When the first photo posted of the initial grouping of cast members for Star Wars: Episode VII, some critics quickly jumped on the film for only adding one new female role. Those who were paying any attention, however, saw that the leaked Star Wars casting breakdowns featured multiple roles for women. The trade papers did their homework, and hours later reported that two more female roles were yet to be cast. Today those actresses were announced. (You can read about that here.)
With so much negative second-guessing and uninformed ranting about a story and characters we don’t even know anything about yet, I thought I’d point out something positive.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, March 5th, 2013 by Angie Han
Carrie Fisher gets ready to star in another Star Wars movie, while George Lucas considers the exciting world of museum curating. Also after the jump:
- Billy Dee Williams wants in on Episode VII
- … as does Darth Vader voice James Earl Jones
- Obama doesn’t know Star Wars from Star Trek
- Disney delays the Star Wars 1313 video game
- See a trailer for the Boba Fett pinball table
- Watch part of a doc about Empire Strikes Back
- What if Michael Haneke directed Star Wars?
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
As many of you already know, James Earl Jones is the voice of Darth Vader in the Star Wars films, but he was not the actor in the suit during filming. A couple weeks ago a video circulated the web, showing actor David Prowse‘s original performance (sans Jones voice replacement). We have had it on the list of videos to be featured in VOTD (Video of the Day) but have been unable to fit it in until now. So if you haven’t yet seen this footage, in the behind the scenes doc or the youtube clip that made the rounds two weeks back, check it out now, after the jump.
Read More »