Add another name to your list of new Star Wars characters. An interview on StarWars.com has revealed that Andy Serkis is playing a character named Supreme Leader Snoke, and the character is being created through performance capture.
See the image and learn more about the Andy Serkis Star Wars character below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
With Force Awakens rumors, social media, spoilers, merchandise, it’s another jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Check out our first possible look at Maz Kanata in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Disney is deliberately pacing marketing and merchandise for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Check out Tim Doyle‘s new Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster.
- Read Vanity Fair‘s extended interview with J.J. Abrams.
- Watch an interview with the production designers of The Force Awakens.
- John Boyega won’t even share Force Awakens secrets with his family.
- Carrie Fisher‘s Mother’s Day Tweet was amazing.
- Billie Lourd confirms she’s not playing a young Leia in The Force Awakens.
- Check out the cover Marvel Comics’ Lando #1.
- Listen to audio from inside a theater in 1977 showing Star Wars.
- Read some potential spoilers about a scene involving Rey and Kylo Ren.
Read More »
Ever since the Vanity Fair spread on Star Wars: The Force Awakens arrived on Star Wars Day this past Monday, a whole new set of details have been confirmed and revealed. We officially know that Gwendoline Christie is the chrome stormtrooper of The First Order, and Adam Driver is the new bad guy Kylo Ren. Meanwhile, Lupita Nyong’o plays a motion-capture character named Maz Kanata, an alien pirate.
And now director J.J. Abrams is pulling back the curtain on the production of Episode VII ever so slightly. The filmmaker recently opened about Star Wars original trilogy references as well as filling in the 30-year gap between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. Thankfully, it sounds like they kept their heads on straight to avoid fan service winks and nods. Read More »
May the Fourth is always a special time for Star Wars fans, but the holiday was made even more exciting this year by a deluge of new information and photos from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Vanity Fair kicked off the fun Sunday evening with their new Star Wars: The Force Awakens cover, and then kept the party going with stills, behind-the-scenes photos, character reveals, and more. After the jump, let’s review the top 9 things we learned about Star Wars: The Force Awakens this Star Wars Day. Read More »
This is the first Star Wars Day in ten years where we actually have a new Star Wars movie to look forward to. (Or more than that, if you want to argue that Revenge of the Sith wasn’t something to look forward to. Zing!) So far, the holiday hasn’t disappointed. We’ve seen a gorgeous new Vanity Fair cover and a behind-the-scenes video, and now we have a bunch of exciting Star Wars The Force Awakens images to share as well.
The new batch of photos features Adam Driver as Kylo Ren, Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron, and Lupita Nyong’o in mo-cap gear as Maz Kanata, along with the assorted creatures that populate the Star Wars galaxy. Click through to check ’em out, and to find out what else we’ve learned about the new Star Wars movie.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
We’ve got more Star Wars Celebration round-up items, as well as some cool Force Awakens info, in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read the following:
- Force Awakens star John Boyega is back on Twitter, and walked around Celebration in disguise.
- Disney is recreating the Millennium Falcon cockpit on their cruise ship.
- George Lucas says Star Wars: The Force Awakens is a “different” kind of story.
- Marvel announced two new Star Wars comic books.
- A new Del Ray book has been revealed: Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company.
- Author Alan Dean Foster will write The Force Awakens novelization.
- Watch a Lego version of the Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One trailer.
- Listen to Peter on a podcast about Star Wars Celebration.
- See where the X-Wing sequences in the Force Awakens trailer were filmed.
- Ben Mendelsohn tiptoes around his potential Rogue One casting.
- Want to see a Gonk Droid in Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
- J.J. Abrams takes the Twizzler Challenge.
- Star Wars Celebration 2016 will be in London from July 15-17, 2016.
Read More »
At this very moment, three of the most crucial people in the world of Star Wars are J.J. Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy and Bob Iger. One is the co-writer and director of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the second is the President of Lucasfilm, and the third runs Disney, which owns Lucasfilm and, effectively, Star Wars. Those three people – and probably Kiri Hart, head of the Lucasfilm Story Group – are Star Wars. And the first three all appeared on the Star Wars Celebration live stream over the weekend to talk about the franchise and the new film. If you missed them live, those videos are now online. Check out the Star Wars Celebration interviews below. Read More »
Whether or not you’re in Anaheim next weekend for Star Wars Celebration, you’d better be on alert. We know that at 10 a.m. April 16, J.J. Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy will take the stage at the event to premiere the second trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. That event will be simulcast in various rooms around that convention and, possibly, in cinemas all over the world. (That last part is still only a rumor, however.)
Word now has it that the duo will also debut the first Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster at the event.
Below, we’ll discuss what this means for people who are attending Celebration and those who aren’t. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 18th, 2015 by Angie Han
J.J. Abrams is currently finishing up Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but his time in that faraway galaxy may just be getting started. Rumor has it Abrams is wanted back for Star Wars Episode IX, expected out in 2019. More on the Abrams Star Wars Episode IX rumor after the jump. Read More »