Tom Hanks can currently be seen onscreen in Tom Tykwer’s A Hologram for the King — not that anyone would know, considering the total lack of marketing or buzz surrounding that movie. But Sony is taking pains to ensure Hanks’ next movie will not be so completely overlooked. The studio has dropped the first action-packed trailer for Inferno, which sees Hanks reprising his role from The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons as symbologist Robert Langdon.
This time, the good professor wakes up in Florence with a seriously disturbing case of amnesia. With the help of Dr. Sienna Brooks (Felicity Jones), he finds himself in a race against time to stop a deadly plague meant to “solve” the world’s overpopulation problem. Dante’s Inferno is also involved, somehow, hence the title. Watch the Inferno teaser trailer below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Yesterday was the second day of CinemaCon 2016 in Las Vegas. As you know, each year movie theater exhibitors gather to, among other things, watch presentations from all of the major movie studios previewing their film slates for the upcoming year and beyond. Sony Pictures presented a ton of new footage for upcoming films, including:
Ang Lee’s Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, Passengers starring Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt, Edgar Wright’s Baby Driver, the animated Spider-Man movie, Blake Lively’s contained thriller The Shallows, Ron Howard’s DaVinci Code sequel Inferno starring Tom Hanks, Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters, the R-rated Seth Rogen animated film Sausage Party, and antoine Fuqua’s remake of The Magnificent Seven.
Warner Bros also presented a preview of their upcoming films, including:
Justice League, Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad, Shane Black’s buddy cop period comedy The Nice Guys, James Wan’s The Conjuring 2, Lights Out starring Teresa Palmer, Dawson Thurber’s comedy Central Intelligence starring The Rock and Kevin Hart, The Legend of Tarzan, the Todd Phillips comedy War Dogs, The LEGO Batman movie and the Harry Potter spin-off Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
Hit the jump to watch both video blogs talking about all the clips shown at the presentation.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 31st, 2015 by Angie Han
Tl;dr: Every movie franchise you ever loved is coming back, and so are some you never really cared for in the first place. After the jump:
- Edgar Ramirez thinks there will be more Point Breaks.
- Yes, another Indiana Jones movie is coming. Eventually.
- Quentin Tarantino makes more noises about a Kill Bill 3.
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 unveils a new poster.
- Will The Conjuring 2 reference The Amityville Horror?
- A new Fantastic Beasts image is all about the No-Maj.
- Plus, new photos from Inferno and Kung Fu Panda 3.
Read More »
It’s hard to believe, but next year it will have been 10 years since Sony Pictures brought the literary sensation The Da Vinci Code to the big screen with Tom Hanks in the lead role as symbologist Robert Langdon caught up in a dangerous mystery. Dan Brown’s novel took the world by storm and sat on the bestseller list for a long, long time. Angels & Demons brought back Langdon in 2009, and now he’s returning yet again.
Inferno will see Langdon back to solving puzzles, but this time he’s having some trouble remembering the past 36 hours of his life and Dr. Sienna Brooks (Felicity Jones) must help him out in order to stop a madman’s sinister plan that has ties to Dante’s Inferno. A glimpse at the adaptation coming next fall has just arrived with the first Inferno photos showing off the return of Hanks and the new cast members alongside him. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits has a bit of everything: Tons of casting news, some cute set photos, and a bunch of red-hot posters. After the jump:
- Lifetime’s The Omen sequel Damien moves to A&E
- An Absolutely Fabulous movie will shoot this year
- Heroes Reborn picks up The 100 and True Blood alums
- Jeff Daniels boards the train for the Divergent sequels
- Common and Deon Cole line up for Barbershop 3
- Starship Troopers could be headed to the small screen
- See the photos from the set of Inferno in Venice
- Ogle a series of Magic Mike XXL character posters
- Justin Bieber will make a cameo in Zoolander 2
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, April 2nd, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- The Transporter: Refueled gets pushed back to fall
- Rings sucks in Aimee Teegarden of Friday Night Lights
- Ron Howard preps the Da Vinci Code sequel in Florence
- Paul Blart is “2 Blart 2 Furious” in a new trailer
- James Bond won’t be part of a “Marvel-style” universe
- Zachary Levi tweets a look at the Heroes Reborn cast
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 production hits a delay
- A new Dragon Tattoo book is coming; see the cover
- Get a preview of the Fight Club 2 comic book
Read More »
Director Ron Howard is about to lock in the perfect actor to play the villain in Inferno, the latest film based on the works of Da Vinci Code author Dan Brown. Ben Foster is in talks to play Bertrand Zobrist, a super-rich scientist who comes up with a terrifying plan to deal with the world’s overpopulation. He’ll show down against Robert Langdon, once again played by Tom Hanks and Sienna Brooks, played by Felicity Jones. Inferno is set for release October 14, 2016 and will start shooting next month. Read more about the Inferno casting below. Read More »
Ron Howard‘s film Inferno, which is his third adaptation of a Dan Brown novel following The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons, has been formally announced by Sony. With that announcement comes the supporting cast lineup, and Felicity Jones (previously reported), Irrfan Khan, Omar Sy, and Sidse Babett Knudsen are all confirmed for roles in the latest Robert Langdon thriller. Tom Hanks will once again play Langdon, and you can see images of them all, and get a bit more info on the Inferno cast, below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014 by Angie Han
Not only is Beca back for Pitch Perfect 2, so is her signature plastic cup. Also after the jump:
- Felicity Jones will join Tom Hanks in Inferno
- Mel Brooks signs on for Hotel Transylvania 2
- Stephen Hawking would like to be a Bond baddie
- The Paranormal Activity franchise is going 3D
- The Wanted 2 script is still being written
- The Rocky spinoff Creed is looking for extras
- Silent Night, Bloody Night 2 is in the works
- Tom Cruise has a close call while shooting M:I 5
Read More »