Posted on Thursday, December 31st, 2015 by Angie Han
Tl;dr: Every movie franchise you ever loved is coming back, and so are some you never really cared for in the first place. After the jump:
- Edgar Ramirez thinks there will be more Point Breaks.
- Yes, another Indiana Jones movie is coming. Eventually.
- Quentin Tarantino makes more noises about a Kill Bill 3.
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 unveils a new poster.
- Will The Conjuring 2 reference The Amityville Horror?
- A new Fantastic Beasts image is all about the No-Maj.
- Plus, new photos from Inferno and Kung Fu Panda 3.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
It’s hard to believe, but next year it will have been 10 years since Sony Pictures brought the literary sensation The Da Vinci Code to the big screen with Tom Hanks in the lead role as symbologist Robert Langdon caught up in a dangerous mystery. Dan Brown’s novel took the world by storm and sat on the bestseller list for a long, long time. Angels & Demons brought back Langdon in 2009, and now he’s returning yet again.
Inferno will see Langdon back to solving puzzles, but this time he’s having some trouble remembering the past 36 hours of his life and Dr. Sienna Brooks (Felicity Jones) must help him out in order to stop a madman’s sinister plan that has ties to Dante’s Inferno. A glimpse at the adaptation coming next fall has just arrived with the first Inferno photos showing off the return of Hanks and the new cast members alongside him. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits has a bit of everything: Tons of casting news, some cute set photos, and a bunch of red-hot posters. After the jump:
- Lifetime’s The Omen sequel Damien moves to A&E
- An Absolutely Fabulous movie will shoot this year
- Heroes Reborn picks up The 100 and True Blood alums
- Jeff Daniels boards the train for the Divergent sequels
- Common and Deon Cole line up for Barbershop 3
- Starship Troopers could be headed to the small screen
- See the photos from the set of Inferno in Venice
- Ogle a series of Magic Mike XXL character posters
- Justin Bieber will make a cameo in Zoolander 2
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 2nd, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- The Transporter: Refueled gets pushed back to fall
- Rings sucks in Aimee Teegarden of Friday Night Lights
- Ron Howard preps the Da Vinci Code sequel in Florence
- Paul Blart is “2 Blart 2 Furious” in a new trailer
- James Bond won’t be part of a “Marvel-style” universe
- Zachary Levi tweets a look at the Heroes Reborn cast
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 production hits a delay
- A new Dragon Tattoo book is coming; see the cover
- Get a preview of the Fight Club 2 comic book
Read More »
Director Ron Howard is about to lock in the perfect actor to play the villain in Inferno, the latest film based on the works of Da Vinci Code author Dan Brown. Ben Foster is in talks to play Bertrand Zobrist, a super-rich scientist who comes up with a terrifying plan to deal with the world’s overpopulation. He’ll show down against Robert Langdon, once again played by Tom Hanks and Sienna Brooks, played by Felicity Jones. Inferno is set for release October 14, 2016 and will start shooting next month. Read more about the Inferno casting below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Ron Howard‘s film Inferno, which is his third adaptation of a Dan Brown novel following The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons, has been formally announced by Sony. With that announcement comes the supporting cast lineup, and Felicity Jones (previously reported), Irrfan Khan, Omar Sy, and Sidse Babett Knudsen are all confirmed for roles in the latest Robert Langdon thriller. Tom Hanks will once again play Langdon, and you can see images of them all, and get a bit more info on the Inferno cast, below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014 by Angie Han
Not only is Beca back for Pitch Perfect 2, so is her signature plastic cup. Also after the jump:
- Felicity Jones will join Tom Hanks in Inferno
- Mel Brooks signs on for Hotel Transylvania 2
- Stephen Hawking would like to be a Bond baddie
- The Paranormal Activity franchise is going 3D
- The Wanted 2 script is still being written
- The Rocky spinoff Creed is looking for extras
- Silent Night, Bloody Night 2 is in the works
- Tom Cruise has a close call while shooting M:I 5
Read More »
Ron Howard just felt a Force push. Howard is prepping Inferno for an April 2015 shoot; it will be his third film based on a Dan Brown novel. Tom Hanks will once again star as Professor Robert Langdon in the adaptation of Brown’s 2013 novel. But the film was scheduled to be released in December 2015.
And while there is no doubt that an audience made up of all your parents and extended family will show up for Inferno, Sony doesn’t want to compete with Star Wars Episode VII, which is scheduled to be released on the same day Inferno was planning to hit theaters. And so Sony has wisely decided to push the film into 2016. Read More »
With Ron Howard‘s ever-busy schedule, many fans surely wondered when he was going to shoot Inferno. Based on the best-seller by Dan Brown, the film will mark the third time he and Oscar-winner Tom Hanks bring Brown’s work to life. Last summer Sony set a December 18, 2015 release date for the film and have since kept that plan firm. Howard has been attached to at least three or four projects since, however, and with no movement on Inferno, plus another major film opening that day, precisely when Inferno would happen was the subject of questions.
Well, it’s happening in the Spring. A new report states Howard and Hanks have closed their deals and finally scheduled April as the start of production on the film, which once again follows symbologist Robert Langdon (Hanks) as he travels the globe using his ancient knowledge to save the world from a psychotic maniac. The question becomes: can Howard finish the Inferno movie in eight months? Read More »