Lucasfilm is a little busy at the moment worrying about their crown jewel, Star Wars. They’re planning one of those movies every year starting in 2015, and that requires a lot of work. But no one has forgotten about their other huge franchise, Indiana Jones, for which Disney does indeed have the rights to make and distribute new films.
The last rumor was that they were looking at a reboot, which was denied by producers. When the CEO of the company comments on a film series, you have to take note. In a recent interview, Disney’s Bob Iger said the company would love to make another Indiana Jones movie, but they’re just pacing themselves right now. What does that mean? We’ll explore the new Indiana Jones movie possibilities after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Is cinematographer Janusz Kaminski working on Indiana Jones 5 next?
Read More »
Update: We’ve contacted a high-placing source who tells /Film the below story is not true. Also, producer Frank Marshall tweeted on the manner. The original text follows.
Update #2: Frank Darabont has also spoken up to say that there is no truth to the aspect of the story saying he pitched a new Indy story. Read that below.
There are rumors, there are big rumors, and then there are stories like this. A new report says Disney, which recently acquired the rights to release more Indiana Jones films, is looking to go the James Bond route with the character. That is, the company could recast him for years to come. Who would don the fedora after Harrison Ford? Rumor has it Bradley Cooper is at the top of the list. Read More »
Posted on Friday, December 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
The Mouse House hasn’t officially announced a new Indiana Jones movie since it acquired Lucasfilm last fall, but it may have just gotten one step closer. Disney and Paramount announced today that they have reached a distribution and marketing agreement for the franchise, which gives the former rights to any future Indy films. Hit the jump for more details, including what this means for Paramount.
Read More »
Though casting for Star Wars Episode VII has not yet been made official, once piece is all but assured. Harrison Ford is coming back as Han Solo. This was first reported in February by Latino Review and Ford himself all but confirmed it on The Graham Norton Show in the UK. So while Lucasfilm and Disney have yet to comment on any of this, it seems pretty likely. Now, the latest rumor gives a bit more details on his potential return.
Apparently, Ford had quite a few stipulations that had to be met for him to return for Star Wars Episode VII. And they were. Among the rumored stipulations were assurances progress would be made on Indiana Jones 5 (an idea he’s more excited about than Star Wars) and he wanted approval on Solo’s arc in not only Episode VII, but beyond. Meaning, yes, the character should survive into following films.
Read much more about this rumor below. Read More »
Though Steven Spielberg is currently without a project, and George Lucas isn’t saddled with Star Wars pressure, there’s no new news on the Indiana Jones 5 front. Everyone still feels they’d do it, but it comes down to timing and Lucas pitching Spielberg and star Harrison Ford a stellar idea.
Ford is currently doing press for his latest film, Paranoia, and was quoted as saying he thinks it’s “perfectly appropriate” to bring the character back. Plus, he has a new idea on how Indy would win the day. Read the quote below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, February 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
So far, the scariest thing about Paranormal Activity 5 may be how little anyone involved with it claims to know about it. We are talking about a movie that’s due out in just under nine months. After the jump:
- Katie Featherston and Oren Peli talk Paranormal Activity 5
- No, Linday Lohan will not be reprising her role for Machete Kills
- Steven Spielberg says George Lucas still plans to do Indiana Jones 5
- Sylvester Stallone is joking about wanting Bill Clinton for Expendables 3, right?
- Judd Apatow considers another Knocked Up spinoff, this time about the kids
- Andy Muschietti does not think there should be a Mama 2
- Check out a sunny set photo from Insidious Chapter 2
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Two people with very unique perspectives on this Star Wars business are producer Frank Marshall and director Joe Johnston. Marshall has worked with LucasFilm extensively in the past, producing all four Indiana Jones films (among others) and just so happens to be married to the CEO of the company, Kathleen Kennedy. Johnston is a well-known director who worked on all three films in the original Star Wars trilogy and publicly declared his desire to make a new Star Wars movie. So what’s going on with these guys in regards to Star Wars Episode VII?
After the jump, read what Marshall had to say about the news, including inside information on possible directors and what this all means for Indiana Jones 5, as well as Johnston’s response to a blog post saying he’s the best candidate to direct Star Wars Episode VII. Read More »