Posted on Thursday, March 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
Some new pics, some casting, and some very interesting quotes in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Ethan Suplee is also back for Mallrats 2
- Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 books Bella Thorne
- Sam Jones says he’s already set for Ted 3
- Sharknado 3 will be “the worst,” says the Hoff
- See Zoolander and Hansel model for Valentino
- Vin Diesel predicts Best Picture for Furious 7
- There will be a gay couple in Independence Day 2
- James Wan is getting to work on The Conjuring 2
- Simon Pegg is “terrified” to write Star Trek 3
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, March 24th, 2015 by Angie Han
The cast of Independence Day 2 continues to grow. Today’s new addition is Vivica A. Fox, who’ll reprise the role of Jasmine Dubrow from the 1996 original. She’s the second returning cast member after Jeff Goldblum. Get all the details on the Vivica A Fox Independence Day 2 casting after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 20th, 2015 by Angie Han
Independence Day 2 has added an unlikely source of star power. French actress Charlotte Gainsbourg is boarding the Roland Emmerich-directed sequel, joining Jeff Goldblum, Liam Hemsworth, and Jessie Usher.
A big-budget sci-fi adventure is an unusual move for Gainsbourg, recently best known for being Lars von Trier’s muse. But maybe those von Trier movies are actually the perfect preparation for Independence Day 2. After the crap she’s been through in Antichrist, Melancholia, and Nymphomaniac, killer aliens should be a piece of cake. Read More »
Jessie Usher, who plays the lead role in the Starz series Survivor’s Remorse, is now set to play one of the primary characters in the Independence Day sequel, which Roland Emmerich will direct for release almost exactly 20 years after the drop of the original film. Usher will play Dylan Dubrow, who in the original movie was the young stepson of Will Smith’s character, and as such he’s probably either the Independence Day sequel star, or one of them.
UPDATE: In addition, director Roland Emmerich confirmed two names who were previously mentioned for the film: Liam Hemsworth and Jeff Goldblum. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, January 27th, 2015 by Angie Han
Liam Hemsworth can currently be seen fighting a totalitarian state in the Hunger Games series, but once it’s over he could move on to more otherworldly enemies. The Aussie actor has reportedly received an offer for the Independence Day sequel, titled ID Forever. More on the Liam Hemsworth Independence Day casting after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
There are some big updates on some really big sequel in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Paul Feig says his Ghostbusters reboot will take place in New York and include winks to the original.
- Don’t fret, Ian Ziering and Tara Reid are returning for Sharknado 3.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 starts filming in April.
- There’s still no script for latest Friday the 13th sequel.
- See a new poster for Hot Tub Time Machine 2.
- Eddie Murphy sounds less than optimistic about Beverly Hills Cop 4.
- See an image of Roland Emmerich location scouting for Independence Day 2.
- New images of the evil D-Rex from Jurassic World have hit the web.
Read More »
Buried in the news of 20th Century Fox finally greenlighting a sequel to Independence Day was a major change in the release strategy. Once envisioned as a trilogy, Roland Emmerich is now only making one sequel, not two like originally planned. There was no reason given for the change and, frankly, it was a tad worrysome as a fan. Was this new Independence Day not worthy of a sequel itself?
Well, that’s not the case at all. It’s much more logical than that. In a new interview, series co-creator and producer Dean Devlin explains the reasoning for only making one Independence Day sequel. For now. Read More »
Execs over at Fox are finally pulling the trigger on that long-rumored Independence Day sequel. The studio has given producers a green light for the film, which will now get into motion with the goal of shooting in May 2015. And while there’s no formal announcement yet, it seems like this will be one film, rather than a two-movie split as previously rumored. And it sounds like Will Smith won’t be back for the new chapter. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, October 8th, 2014 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits involves a bit of casting, a bit of un-casting, lots of movie star quotes and, best of all, Jeff Goldblum. After the jump:
- Bill & Ted 3 is “closer, but no closer,” says Keanu Reeves
- Jason Schwartzman offers a Bored to Death update
- Super Troopers 2 will definitely involve mustaches
- Jeremy Renner continues to talk about Bourne
- Karl Urban claims Star Trek 3 is “phenomenal”
- There’s a place for Jeff Goldblum in Independence Day 2
- Chinese actress Zhang Jingchu boards Mission: Impossible 5
- Ted 2 fires 7th Heaven actor Stephen Collins amid scandal
- Ed Helms‘ Vacation sequel gets a fall 2015 release date
- Bond 24 adds Rome to its list of awesome locations
Read More »