Posted on Thursday, May 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
Some odds and ends from the world of sequels. After the jump:
- Krang is rumored to be in Ninja Turtles 2
- Gramercy Pictures relaunches with Insidious 3
- Leslie Mann and Kat Dennings join Croods 2
- Independence Day 2 adds Patrick St. Esprit
- … and Vivica A. Fox discusses her return
- Warner Bros. sets Project XX for summer 2016
- Bad Santa 2 is hoping to shoot this fall
- Mimi Rogers boards the Ash vs. Evil Dead show
- Magic Mike XXL reveals a sexy new poster
- Terminator Genisys unleashes another TV spot
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Independence Day‘s Thomas J. Whitmore is one of the most beloved U.S. Presidents in movie history. But even in a world nearly eviscerated by hostile alien forces, POTUS isn’t a lifetime gig. So in Independence Day 2, the Oval Office will be taken over by Sela Ward. More on the new Independence Day 2 president after the jump. Read More »
We’ve got set photos, release dates and cast announcements. Lots of good stuff in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following:
- It Follows star Maika Monroe joins Independence Day 2.
- Michael Bay posts images of several vehicles from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.
- Josh Gad explains how John Lasseter told him about Frozen 2.
- Kevin Smith talks the number of characters and influences for Mallrats 2.
- Kung Fu Panda 3 has been moved up two months.
- Keanu Reeves says Bill and Ted 3 is closer than ever.
- Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday is on Instagram.
- See Penelope Cruz in Zoolander 2.
- The Super Troopers 2 IndieGoGo campaign has ended.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, April 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
After many months of “probably”s, “presumably”s, and “expected to be”s, we finally have solid confirmation: Bill Pullman is returning for Independence Day 2. What’s more, he’s bringing along another one of his old co-stars, Judd Hirsch.
Pullman and Hirsch join original Independence Day co-stars Jeff Goldblum, Brent Spiner, and Vivica A. Fox in the sequel. Newcomers to the series include Liam Hemsworth, Jessie Usher, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Travis Tope, and Joey King. Read the Independence Day 2 Bill Pullman and Judd Hirsch announcements after the jump. Read More »
This edition of sequel bits has some casting, some photos and some interesting trivia from sequels that never will be. Below, read the latest edition of Sequel Bits.
- Joey King and Brent Spiner return for Independence Day 2.
- The kids are scared in a new photo from Jurassic World.
- Brian O’Halloran returns for Mallrats 2.
- See a crazy photo of Kristen Wiig in Zoolander 2.
- Johnny Galecki joins the cast of Rings, plus more details.
- Why isn’t Ja Rule in the Fast and Furious sequels?
- The time has passed for a Dwayne Johnson Hobbs Fast and Furious spin off.
- A new Hitman: Agent 47 poster is out.
- The star of Tomorrowland ponders the possibility of a sequel.
- Watch Broken Lizard start training for Super Troopers 2.
- More discussion about a Dragon Tattoo sequel.
- Adam Sandler killed a Freddy Krueger prequel.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, March 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
Some new pics, some casting, and some very interesting quotes in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Ethan Suplee is also back for Mallrats 2
- Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 books Bella Thorne
- Sam Jones says he’s already set for Ted 3
- Sharknado 3 will be “the worst,” says the Hoff
- See Zoolander and Hansel model for Valentino
- Vin Diesel predicts Best Picture for Furious 7
- There will be a gay couple in Independence Day 2
- James Wan is getting to work on The Conjuring 2
- Simon Pegg is “terrified” to write Star Trek 3
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, March 24th, 2015 by Angie Han
The cast of Independence Day 2 continues to grow. Today’s new addition is Vivica A. Fox, who’ll reprise the role of Jasmine Dubrow from the 1996 original. She’s the second returning cast member after Jeff Goldblum. Get all the details on the Vivica A Fox Independence Day 2 casting after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 20th, 2015 by Angie Han
Independence Day 2 has added an unlikely source of star power. French actress Charlotte Gainsbourg is boarding the Roland Emmerich-directed sequel, joining Jeff Goldblum, Liam Hemsworth, and Jessie Usher.
A big-budget sci-fi adventure is an unusual move for Gainsbourg, recently best known for being Lars von Trier’s muse. But maybe those von Trier movies are actually the perfect preparation for Independence Day 2. After the crap she’s been through in Antichrist, Melancholia, and Nymphomaniac, killer aliens should be a piece of cake. Read More »
Jessie Usher, who plays the lead role in the Starz series Survivor’s Remorse, is now set to play one of the primary characters in the Independence Day sequel, which Roland Emmerich will direct for release almost exactly 20 years after the drop of the original film. Usher will play Dylan Dubrow, who in the original movie was the young stepson of Will Smith’s character, and as such he’s probably either the Independence Day sequel star, or one of them.
UPDATE: In addition, director Roland Emmerich confirmed two names who were previously mentioned for the film: Liam Hemsworth and Jeff Goldblum. Read More »