Family issues get more complicated in Hotel Transylvania 2 when the half-vampire grandson of the Adam Sandler-voiced version of Dracula doesn’t seem to be developing his monster side, and when Drac’s daughter gets a real taste of the human world while visiting human in-laws.
But the real attraction here is probably Mel Brooks, who voices the very old and seriously old-school father of Sandler’s vampire. That’s likely to provide even more generational conflict, and with Brooks providing the voice work, we’re ready to see (or hear) it in action. Get a taste of Brooks’ work in the Hotel Transylvania 2 trailer, below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, March 12th, 2015 by Angie Han
Vampires — they’re just like us! The first Hotel Transylvania demonstrated that raising a teenager is just as challenging for bloodsuckers as it is for the rest of us, and now the Hotel Transylvania 2 trailer reveals that vampires have their own version of “sink or swim.” Only instead of tossing someone into the deep end so they’ll learn to swim, it involves throwing a toddler off a tower so he’ll learn to fly.
Watch the Hotel Transylvania 2 trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014 by Angie Han
Not only is Beca back for Pitch Perfect 2, so is her signature plastic cup. Also after the jump:
- Felicity Jones will join Tom Hanks in Inferno
- Mel Brooks signs on for Hotel Transylvania 2
- Stephen Hawking would like to be a Bond baddie
- The Paranormal Activity franchise is going 3D
- The Wanted 2 script is still being written
- The Rocky spinoff Creed is looking for extras
- Silent Night, Bloody Night 2 is in the works
- Tom Cruise has a close call while shooting M:I 5
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 by Angie Han
Sony loves Genndy Tartakovsky so much, they’re never letting him go. The animation director scored a huge hit with his first film for the studio, Hotel Transylvania, and has since been hard at work on a second, Popeye. Now he’s signed on to direct two more projects for Sony.
One is the sequel to Hotel Transylvania, naturally, but the other is an intriguing original work tentatively titled Genndy Tartakovsky’s Can You Imagine? One for them, one for him. Hit the jump for more details on both.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 12th, 2013 by Angie Han
How often do you get to jump from Hotel Transylvania 2 to The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence) in just a few lines? After the jump:
- The Inbetweeners Movie 2 adds a Pitch Perfect star
- Peter Berg wants to do The Rundown 2 with Dwayne Johnson
- Frank Miller‘s Xerxes won’t arrive in time for the 300 premiere
- Read the updated synopsis for 22 Jump Street
- Watch a new set video from Transformers: Age of Extinction
- Hotel Transylvania 2 gets some promotional art
- And so does The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence)
- Leaked art from the new Alien game teases Ripley’s kid, maybe
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Briefly: Columbia Pictures and Sony Pictures Animation are setting up a pattern of making satisfying and relatively successful animated films, then moving the sequels into the hands of specially-chosen new creators. The company did it with Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, the sequel for which is being directed by a pair of guys who worked on the first movie under original directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller.
Now Sony has set September 25, 2015 as the release date for Hotel Transylvania 2. The first movie did quite well when it hit a few weeks back, and so it looks like the collaboration between animator Genndy Tartakovsky and star Adam Sandler is going to keep on truckin’.
But Tartakovsky is going to direct the Popeye movie for Sony, releasing in the same window in 2014, and so there will be a new director (or directors) for the Transylvania sequel. Who’ll make the movie? We don’t know yet, but if Sony is really setting up a pattern here it could be someone from the story or animation department on the first. [THR]