The Expendables 3 just shot this summer, but here’s the first teaser trailer ahead of the film’s release at the end of summer 2014. This installment in the action series full of old guys brings Harrison Ford into the fold, and also features a mix of other returning faces and new recruits.
Sylvester Stallone leads the pack, with Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Kelsey Grammar, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Wesley Snipes, Terry Crews, Randy Couture, Ronda Rousey, Antonio Banderas, Mel Gibson, and Kellan Lutz are picking up guns and/or grimacing. Check out the teaser below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 by Angie Han
As a 71-year-old man who’s played both Han Solo and Indiana Jones, Harrison Ford ought to be pretty tough to amaze. Sure, it’s not like he was battling real space aliens or actual Nazis, but he’s been a rich, powerful icon of Hollywood long enough to see some crazy stuff. And yet, apparently not even he is immune to the charms of an expertly executed card trick.
Magician David Blaine has been stopping by celeb homes to perform illusions for his recent TV special David Blaine: Real or Magic. Most have responded with great enthusiasm, but arguably the best reaction is Ford’s. Watch the clip after the jump.
Read More »
Back in May, a group of journalists hopped in a van and were driven to Sea World in San Diego, CA to visit the final day of shooting Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues. It was a day for the ages, filled with some of the biggest laughs I’ve ever had, and you can read about it here. During the quieter moments, we spoke with co-writer and director Adam McKay as well as star and co-writer Will Ferrell.
Below, you can read the full transcript of the on-set discussion with McKay, which reads like a master class in staying cool under pressure when directing one of the biggest comedies of the year. Read More »
Two probable principals in Star Wars Episode VII speak about the franchise, plus there’s talk of hockey, gambling, museums and all sorts of odds and ends in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Star Wars Episode VII director J.J. Abrams spoke about what made the original film so special.
- Harrison Ford called Star Wars Episode VII “a work in progress…maybe.”
- Read a hilarious fan theory that Watto is Anakin Skywalker‘s biological father.
- Watch the original theatrical re-release trailer for Star Wars.
- Two small hockey teams wore awesome Star Wars jerseys at a recent game.
- You won’t see new Star Wars slot machines anytime soon.
- The Lucas Cultural Arts Museum is now on Twitter.
Read More »
Executive producers James Cameron, Jerry Weintraub, and Arnold Schwarzenegger have recruited an all-star cast for an important documentary event. Years of Living Dangerously will air on Showtime in April 2014; it features major celebrities talking to real people who have been negatively effected by global warming. Jessica Alba, Don Cheadle, Matt Damon, America Ferrara, Harrison Ford, Michael C. Hall, Olivia Munn and Ian Somerhalder are just a few of the celebrities who travel the world learning about this issue and, below, you can see the the first trailer. Read More »
Posted on Friday, November 1st, 2013 by David Chen
It is difficult to believe that a big-budget version of Ender’s Game is finally going to be playing at your local multiplex this weekend. It’s taken 28 years for a film to finally be made based upon the beloved book. After many, many aborted attempts, false starts, and different scripts, I questioned whether the version of the film we ended up with would be any good. Does it live up to the promise of the book? Is it as generic as its trailers might imply? Is it at all coherent in its attempt to tell the story of a book that is hundreds of pages long?
After the jump, I share my thoughts on the film in under 2 minutes.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, October 30th, 2013 by Angie Han
Guess who’s dropping by Conan next month? Here’s a hint: He looks a lot like Will Ferrell. Also after the jump:
- Keanu Reeves has “no idea” if Bill & Ted 3 will ever happen
- Michael Bay talks Transformers 4: “There was a lot of dynamite”
- The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 2 will shoot early next year
- Harrison Ford explains what he’s doing in The Expendables 3
- Trick ‘r Treat director reveals what he wants in the sequel
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
There’s a lot of controversy on the set of Transformers: Age of Extinction as principal photography concludes. But that’s not all in today’s Sequel Bets. After the jump, read about the following:
- Michael Bay sets the record on the “extortion” rumors regarding Transformers: Age of Extinction.
- Check out a brief glimpse of what the new Bumblebee might look like.
- Harrison Ford said he’d love to be in Star Trek 3.
- Miles Teller believes Insurgent, the sequel to Divergent, is aiming at an April start date.
- Vin Diesel tweeted two Behind the Scenes images from Fast and Furious 7.
- Ridley Scott confirms Prometheus 2 is indeed still in the works.
- Paramount has asked for a fourth Jackass sequel.
- Soul Surfer herself, Bethany Hamilton, will be in Dolphin Tale 2.
Read More »