I’m just going to assume that you didn’t download the leak of The Expendables 3, and that if you’re waiting to see the film you can hang on for two more weeks. Here’s one final Expendables 3 trailer to make the wait easier, and this clip has plenty of action from Patrick Hughes’ sequel. Sylvester Stallone returns as the leader of a paramilitary gang, and this time the crew stares down a one-time comrade turned arms dealer played by Mel Gibson. It’s all action, and the roster of stars old and new is so huge that the returning cast members barely fit in the trailer. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, June 25th, 2014 by Germain Lussier
Lucasfilm and Disney have yet to make an official statement on the condition of Harrison Ford. Earlier this month, Ford broke his leg on the set of Star Wars Episode VII and the latest rumors state he might be unable to shoot for six months. That’s a huge chunk of downtime for the man who is rumored to be the lead of the film. In spite of that, we’ve heard Disney is trying to keep the December 18, 2015 release without any changes. That’s all well and good but some kind of change is inevitable as a result of the injury.
The latest rumor comes from New York City tabloid paper the New York Post. They report their “Hollywood sources” suggest the role of Oscar Isaac, whatever that role may be, could be expanded to fill some of Solo’s scenes. Read More »
Star Wars Bits: Will Harrison Ford’s Injury Delay Episode VII? Plus Tom Cruise, Rebels, David Cronenberg
Posted on Monday, June 23rd, 2014 by Germain Lussier
The rumors about Harrison Ford‘s injury continue to snowball and threaten to delay production Star Wars Episode VII. How are filmmakers dealing with the injury and could it impact the release date? Read about that, and all the items below, in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Several Episode VII action scenes are potentially detailed.
- A rumored premiere date, and details, are leaked for Star Wars Rebels.
- Tom Cruise is rumored to have a role in Star Wars Episode VII.
- David Cronenberg was offered a Star Wars sequel, thirty years ago.
- Star Wars Scene Maker is now available.
Posted on Thursday, June 19th, 2014 by Germain Lussier
UPDATE: More sources have confirmed this is not a rumor, as it was initially framed. Changes have been made below to reflect that.
UPDATE 2: Ford’s publicist confirmed to BBC News that Ford didn’t just break his ankle. He broke his left leg.
Word of Harrison Ford‘s ankle injury on the set of Star Wars Episode VII spread very quickly last week. Reactions ranged from blind panic to mellow dismissal as initial reports made it sound like the injury was no big deal. Now, it turns out, that might not be the case.
Multiple sources, including several gossip websites and some UK newspapers, are reporting Ford not only has a badly broken ankle, but a broken left leg, which could sideline him from filming the highly anticipated sequel for up to eight weeks. Read More »
Star Wars Bits: Harrison Ford Injured on ‘Episode VII’ Set; Boba Fett, Gareth Edwards, Phineas and Ferb
Posted on Thursday, June 12th, 2014 by Germain Lussier
Everything from actual on-set news and casting, to television and merchandise is in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Harrison Ford is injured on the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Lawrence Kasdan is again rumored to write Boba Fett spinoff.
- Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars gets a premiere date.
- Gareth Edwards talks his Star Wars spin-off, which will be shot in the UK.
- See a new image of the Hot Wheels Darth Vader Comic-Con exclusive.
- John Boyega‘s father may have a role in Episode VII.
- The Abu Dhabi Episode VII sets are likely to be preserved.
- Lego Star Wars Lightsaber Set gets 10,000 supporters.
- Buy a replica of Han Solo‘s Bespin Outfit.
- Four new Star Wars art pieces will be out Friday from Acme Archives.
Star Wars Bits: John Boyega and Daisy Ridley Travel To Set; Plus New Cast Members, Harrison Ford, Drew Struzan And Posters
Posted on Thursday, May 22nd, 2014 by Germain Lussier
Star Wars Episode VII is filming and you can see the stars on set, find out about the shoot, read about rumors, buy posters and so much more in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Watch Harrison Ford talk about Star Wars Episode VII.
- Young musicians The Healer Twins filmed a small scene in Star Wars Episode VII.
- John Boyega and Daisy Ridley are filming in the Abu Dhabi desert, watch them travel to set.
- Read a story about how Episode VII ended up in Abu Dhabi.
- You can win some super limited edition Star Wars Episode VII merchandise.
- Speculate about the potential Obi-Wan granddaughter role.
- Drew Struzan addresses the rumors of him doing the Episode VII poster.
- Potential Episode VII characters have been spotted in Iceland.
- Marvel’s Star Wars comics could be coming later this year.
- See new Star Wars posters from Mark Englert and Mark Hamill’s son, Nathan Hamill.
- UCB is hosting The Star Wars Expanded Universe Funeral Celebration.
Posted on Thursday, May 15th, 2014 by Russ Fischer
One question has bounced around since the news of a new Blade Runner film was first announced: will Harrison Ford take part, or won’t he? Alcon Entertainment, which is producing the film, originally said “no.” Ridley Scott said at one point that he didn’t think Ford would star, but that he wanted him in the film. Now Alcon has made the the first half of a definitive statement by formally offering a role to Harrison Ford. The second half of that statement will be Ford’s acceptance, obviously. But Alcon is making enough of a big deal out of the offer that the company probably already knows his answer.
Posted on Friday, May 9th, 2014 by Germain Lussier
The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly has a great article about the Star Wars Episode VII casting news. In the article, “sources with direct information about the project who spoke on condition of anonymity” confirmed a bunch of behind the scenes tidbits we’d long since begun to take as fact. Primary among those is that Harrison Ford‘s Han Solo is considered a “co-lead” of the film, along with “three of the younger actors.” Which of the three? We still don’t know.
EW also confirmed casting is still ongoing, the main cast members have been attached for a while, re-writing Michael Arndt‘s script delayed production and more. Read the break down below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, May 1st, 2014 by Germain Lussier
Tuesday’s Star Wars Episode VII casting announcement made international headlines. The world stopped and looked at the photo posted on Star Wars.com featuring returning cast members like Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher and new additions like John Boyega and Daisy Ridley. That’s partially because social media has changed how we digest news and also because fans have wanted to see what’s next since 1983.
Things were a tad different in 1975 when the cast for a film then called The Star Wars was announced. Small blurbs in Box Office Magazine, the LA Times and Variety revealed to the world little known actors Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher were going to be in an ambitious sci-fi film from the guy who did American Graffiti.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences dug deep into their archives and posted those original Star Wars casting announcements online. Check them out below. Read More »