Posted on Thursday, April 16th, 2015 by Angie Han
As the Internet freaks out about Harrison Ford‘s return as Han Solo in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer, another long-anticipated sci-fi sequel featuring Ford has taken a step forward. Ryan Gosling is boarding the Blade Runner sequel, which is being directed by Denis Villeneuve.
Get all the details on the Blade Runner 2 Ryan Gosling announcement after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Monday night, Lucasfilm announced that the first six Star Wars films are being made available digitally. To help entice fans to buy these films one more time, there are some new special features included with each film. They’re basically broken down into two categories: Discoveries From Inside and Star Wars: Conversations. The former takes fans on a trip behind the scenes of the making of the films and the latter talks with some of the most important people in the development on the franchise.
Hot off the news of the digital release, Lucasfilm has released two clips to show off the goods. The Discoveries from Inside clip settles the debate over the color of Han Solo’s Hoth jacket in The Empire Strikes Back, and the Conversations clip has Joe Johnston discussing his creation of the Millennium Falcon. Fascinating stuff. Watch the Star Wars digital special features clips below.
UPDATE: StarWars.com has uploaded five more clips as well. See those below.
Read More »
Next week, the second trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be revealed. You can read more about that here. It’ll then be in theaters with Avengers: Age of Ultron. But what, specifically, will the trailer feature? MakingStarWars has a very intriguing list of images they believe are going to appear in the trailer. If it’s true, this is going to be insane. Read the Force Awakens trailer 2 details below.
Read More »
This is a can’t miss edition of Star Wars Bits with info ranging from The Force Awakens and Rogue One, to Rebels, the books and Celebration. Below, read about the following:
- Harrison Ford has been released from the hospital after his plane crash.
- See an updated Star Wars canon timeline.
- A 50 page preview of Star Wars: Lords of the Sith hits the net.
- A bit of insider information on Star Wars actor contracts.
- See a preview of Marvel’s Kanan: The Last Padawan #1.
- A Star Wars episode of The Big Bang Theory airs this week.
- Watch videos of Anthony Daniels at Emerald City Comic-Con.
- Check out Funko’s Star Wars Celebration exclusives.
- An update on several Rogue One rumors including Aaron Paul.
- Read some potential spoilers on the size of the villain roles in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Concrete information about the new Star Wars movies is a rare commodity. Right now, we don’t know way more than we do know and that lack of definitive knowledge leads to debate, discussion and arguments. These are happening every day amongst Star Wars fans and will continue until Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens on December 18. Probably beyond, too, since the story won’t end with that film.
With these Star Wars conversations more prevalent than actual information, we decided to have a little fun. We’ve gone against Han Solo’s better judgement and set some simple, Las Vegas odds against 15 questions fans are currently debating. Most are non-spoiler, a few are (clearly marked) spoilers, but all are very much at the center of the current Star Wars conversation. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Blade Runner is not often screened in the US, but it is getting a re-release in the UK next month. More specifically, Blade Runner: The Final Cut will be back in UK theaters. That’s the version of the film overseen by Ridley Scott for the 2007 blu-ray release of the movie. This cut features a handful of small changes from the previous Director’s Cut and, most significantly, has the full “unicorn dream sequence” that ties directly into the argument over whether or not Harrison Ford’s character is a replicant.
You’re probably familiar with various trailers for the film, but the BFI has cut a new one for this release, and it is quite good. Ridley Scott even says “This new trailer captures the essence of the film and I hope will inspire a new generation to see Blade Runner when it is re-released across the UK on 3 April.”Check out the new Blade Runner trailer below. Read More »
Legendary actor Harrison Ford crashed his plane on a golf course in Venice, California Thursday afternoon. It happened around 2:30 p.m. PST. He suffered “moderate trauma” and was “alert and conscious” as he went to the hospital. He is expected to make a full recovery.
Read more below, including a comment from his former co-pilot Chewbacca, Peter Mayhew. Read More »
Academy Award nominee Denis Villeneuve (Prisoners, Incendies) is in negotiations to direct the Blade Runner sequel for Alcon Entertainment. Read all the Blade Runner sequel director, cast and crew details after the jump.
Read More »
Lots of great discussion points in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Star Wars Battlefront might tie into Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Watch Harrison Ford predict his Force Awakens leg injury back in 1980.
- If you’re attending Star Wars Celebration, both the Dodgers and Angels are having Star Wars nights.
- Read a potential line Han Solo says in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- A new rumor about who Domhnall Gleeson is playing in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- The Star Wars Rebels season 1 finale will air on March 2.
- Watch two clips from the next episode of Star Wars Rebels.
- Lucasfilm employees are auctioning off original artwork for charity.
- See some fake, but interesting, mockups of rumored original trilogy Star Wars Blu-rays.
Read More »