Updates from the set of Episode VII, some awesome Rebels clips and lots of other odds and ends are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A fire evacuates the set of Star Wars Episode VII, and Harrison Ford has reportedly finished filming.
- Is casting for the Star Wars spinoffs and sequels already happening?
- Watch a new clip from Star Wars Rebels and get a brief tease at what’s to come for the rest of the season.
- Brad Bird stumbles around the question of whether or not he’ll eventually direct a Star Wars movie.
- J.J. Abrams answers a young boy’s Star Wars math problem.
- Judd Apatow meets George Lucas.
- Joel Edgerton refers to Adam Driver as the Star Wars Episode VII villain.
- Two more cancelled Lucasarts Star Wars games have been revealed.
- Check out a live tweet recap of the A New Dawn panel at New York Comic-Con.
- Read a detailed description of Heir of the Jedi by Kevin Hearne.
- The Star Wars Fan Film Awards are coming back.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
We haven’t really featured many of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos on the site because we try to cover entertainment news and rumors but not celebrity. And I’m sure you’ve seen enough of these ice bucket challenge videos in your social timeline already. The Ice Bucket Challenge has raised nearly $80 million for ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord) which is amazing. I personally have not done the challenge but have instead donated to the ALS association, and I highly recommend you do the same (and if you have time, learn a bit about the disease). Recently the Star Wars galaxy has been called upon to take the Ice Bucket challenge, which has seen responses from Harrison Ford, Mark Hammil, Peter Mayhew, new Star Wars Episode VII castmembers Oscar Isaac, Daisy Ridley, Star Wars Episode 7director JJ Abrams, as well as future Star Wars series filmmaker Gareth Edwards, and more. Other members of the crew have yet to respond to the challenge. Watch all of the Star Wars ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Today in Star Wars Bits, we take a look at:
- Lucasfilm Story Group’s Pablo Hidalgo clarifies his Comic Con “no flashbacks” comment.
- Were all the recent Episode 7 rumors fake and actually passed off from the Dark Horse comic book series Star Wars: Legacy?
- Star Wars spin-off director Gareth Edwards accepts the Ice Bucket Challenge in the LucasFilm Yoda fountain.
- Harrison Ford more active after leg injury
- Read the rumored plot synopsis for Christie Golden‘s upcoming Star Wars novel featuring Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos
- The special features included in the Star Wars Rebels: Spark Of Rebellion DVD/Blu-ray
- The trailer and release of the Star Wars: Commander iOS game.
- Also: The above three posters were fan created, by AndrewSS7.
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
There aren’t many things everyone agrees on when it comes to J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode VII. One of those, however, is that Han Solo is the star of the film. Exactly how Harrison Ford‘s iconic scoundrel plays into the story is much more murky, though. Is he a mentor figure to some of the newer characters? Does he lead the adventure on his own? Will he make it to the next film? We’ve heard rumors about all of that and today we’ve got a few more. One has to deal with different looks the character will have in the film, and the second is so crazy, it might just be true. Below, read the latest Han Solo Star Wars 7 rumors. Read More »
Star Wars Episode VII, specifically the filming of it, is the focus of this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Harrison Ford is off his crutch and shoot resume Star Wars Episode VII filming soon.
- Mark Hamill and Daisy Ridley have been filming Star Wars Episode VII on Skellig Michael in Ireland…
- …and we have exclusive images of how the locals are capitalizing on the shoot.
- J.J. Abrams talked about shooting film on Star Wars Episode VII.
- Even though the Expanded Universe is no longer canon, many believe its important.
- Watch the full Star Wars Rebels panel from Comic-Con.
- John Boyega channels a superhero and Daisy Ridley drops a Star Wars selfie.
Read More »
I’m just going to assume that you didn’t download the leak of The Expendables 3, and that if you’re waiting to see the film you can hang on for two more weeks. Here’s one final Expendables 3 trailer to make the wait easier, and this clip has plenty of action from Patrick Hughes’ sequel. Sylvester Stallone returns as the leader of a paramilitary gang, and this time the crew stares down a one-time comrade turned arms dealer played by Mel Gibson. It’s all action, and the roster of stars old and new is so huge that the returning cast members barely fit in the trailer. Read More »
Lucasfilm and Disney have yet to make an official statement on the condition of Harrison Ford. Earlier this month, Ford broke his leg on the set of Star Wars Episode VII and the latest rumors state he might be unable to shoot for six months. That’s a huge chunk of downtime for the man who is rumored to be the lead of the film. In spite of that, we’ve heard Disney is trying to keep the December 18, 2015 release without any changes. That’s all well and good but some kind of change is inevitable as a result of the injury.
The latest rumor comes from New York City tabloid paper the New York Post. They report their “Hollywood sources” suggest the role of Oscar Isaac, whatever that role may be, could be expanded to fill some of Solo’s scenes. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The rumors about Harrison Ford‘s injury continue to snowball and threaten to delay production Star Wars Episode VII. How are filmmakers dealing with the injury and could it impact the release date? Read about that, and all the items below, in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Several Episode VII action scenes are potentially detailed.
- A rumored premiere date, and details, are leaked for Star Wars Rebels.
- Tom Cruise is rumored to have a role in Star Wars Episode VII.
- David Cronenberg was offered a Star Wars sequel, thirty years ago.
- Star Wars Scene Maker is now available.
Read More »