That’s according to Ridley Scott, at least. During a conversation about the intersection of making films based on some of the oldest stories (such as Scott’s new Exodus) and science fiction, the subject of Blade Runner 2 came up. Scott has recently said the Blade Runner 2 script was going well, and that he was very happy with the results. And now he says that Harrison Ford is also incredibly happy with the draft — Scott none-too-humbly reports that Ford called the draft Scott and Hampton Fancher have been working on “the best thing I’ve ever read.” Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Lucky for us, Mark Hamill has a lot of other things going on besides returning to Star Wars. It means there’s plenty of opportunities to ask him about Star Wars! The actor recently completed shooting on J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars: The Force Awakens and gushed about how it made him feel to see such a huge reaction to the first trailer. Now, in yet another interview, Luke Skywalker himself talked about how he did not like growing a beard for the new film but how much he loved playing with the new droid BB-8. And yes, that droid is a practical effect.
He also talked about being hesitant to come back and surprised at Harrison Ford‘s enthusiasm. There are really some great quotes here, so check them out below. Read More »
We loved the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer, and have already over analyzed and talked about it at length elsewhere on the site. But as I thought more about the trailer, I realized that the teaser was missing a few key elements that most people would have expected. Note: these are not complaints, only observations. What is Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer missing? Find out after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, November 19th, 2014 by Angie Han
You’d think eternal youth and immortality would be gifts, but in TV and movies it’s as often as not a curse. Vampires and mutants alike angst over the unfairness of having to remain young and beautiful while the world spins on. And in The Age of Adaline, Blake Lively joins the pity party.
The Gossip Girl alum plays a 27-year-old woman rendered ageless thanks to a freak accident in the 1930s. As her loved ones start to grow old and die off, she becomes withdrawn — until a handsome man (Michiel Huisman, a.k.a. Daario Naharis v2.0 from Game of Thrones) draws her out of her shell. Ellen Burstyn and Harrison Ford also star. Watch the Age of Adaline trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Despite being as good, if not better, than its previous two incarnations, The Expendables 3 didn’t light a fire at the domestic box office. After the first two films grossed $103 million and $85 million respectively, the third film only did $39 million (Internationally it did a respectable $206 million, but that was still a franchise low).
There are plenty of reasons why The Expendables 3 under-performed, but it certainly wasn’t for lack of star power. Original stars Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham and others were joined by Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, Kelsey Grammar, Antonio Banderas and Wesley Snipes as well as a whole team of young soldiers, including Kellen Lutz and Ronda Rousey.
You can see all those stars and more on the Blu-ray, which is released November 25. One example of the extras on the disc are a funny Expendables 3 gag reel, which features Ford and Gibson hamming it up on set, cursing, it’s good stuff. Check out the Expendables 3 gag reel below. Read More »
Updates from the set of Episode VII, some awesome Rebels clips and lots of other odds and ends are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A fire evacuates the set of Star Wars Episode VII, and Harrison Ford has reportedly finished filming.
- Is casting for the Star Wars spinoffs and sequels already happening?
- Watch a new clip from Star Wars Rebels and get a brief tease at what’s to come for the rest of the season.
- Brad Bird stumbles around the question of whether or not he’ll eventually direct a Star Wars movie.
- J.J. Abrams answers a young boy’s Star Wars math problem.
- Judd Apatow meets George Lucas.
- Joel Edgerton refers to Adam Driver as the Star Wars Episode VII villain.
- Two more cancelled Lucasarts Star Wars games have been revealed.
- Check out a live tweet recap of the A New Dawn panel at New York Comic-Con.
- Read a detailed description of Heir of the Jedi by Kevin Hearne.
- The Star Wars Fan Film Awards are coming back.
Read More »
We haven’t really featured many of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos on the site because we try to cover entertainment news and rumors but not celebrity. And I’m sure you’ve seen enough of these ice bucket challenge videos in your social timeline already. The Ice Bucket Challenge has raised nearly $80 million for ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord) which is amazing. I personally have not done the challenge but have instead donated to the ALS association, and I highly recommend you do the same (and if you have time, learn a bit about the disease). Recently the Star Wars galaxy has been called upon to take the Ice Bucket challenge, which has seen responses from Harrison Ford, Mark Hammil, Peter Mayhew, new Star Wars Episode VII castmembers Oscar Isaac, Daisy Ridley, Star Wars Episode 7director JJ Abrams, as well as future Star Wars series filmmaker Gareth Edwards, and more. Other members of the crew have yet to respond to the challenge. Watch all of the Star Wars ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Today in Star Wars Bits, we take a look at:
- Lucasfilm Story Group’s Pablo Hidalgo clarifies his Comic Con “no flashbacks” comment.
- Were all the recent Episode 7 rumors fake and actually passed off from the Dark Horse comic book series Star Wars: Legacy?
- Star Wars spin-off director Gareth Edwards accepts the Ice Bucket Challenge in the LucasFilm Yoda fountain.
- Harrison Ford more active after leg injury
- Read the rumored plot synopsis for Christie Golden‘s upcoming Star Wars novel featuring Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos
- The special features included in the Star Wars Rebels: Spark Of Rebellion DVD/Blu-ray
- The trailer and release of the Star Wars: Commander iOS game.
- Also: The above three posters were fan created, by AndrewSS7.
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »