The movie world shook on Tuesday when Sony Pictures and Paul Feig officially announced the cast for the new Ghostbusters movie. Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon are the new team we’ll meet on July 22, 2016.
One person who isn’t strapping on a proton-pack is Dan Aykroyd, the franchise’s mouthpiece for the better part of three decades and co-creator. However, the actor/producer/writer did have a comment on his modern day counterparts. Read the Dan Aykroyd reaction below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
There are some big updates on some really big sequel in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Paul Feig says his Ghostbusters reboot will take place in New York and include winks to the original.
- Don’t fret, Ian Ziering and Tara Reid are returning for Sharknado 3.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 starts filming in April.
- There’s still no script for latest Friday the 13th sequel.
- See a new poster for Hot Tub Time Machine 2.
- Eddie Murphy sounds less than optimistic about Beverly Hills Cop 4.
- See an image of Roland Emmerich location scouting for Independence Day 2.
- New images of the evil D-Rex from Jurassic World have hit the web.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, December 15th, 2014 by Angie Han
Ryan Gosling has kept a pretty low profile lately, but that could change soon as he is being considered for two major projects. Sony reportedly wants him for Sinister Six, while Gosling himself is interested in Paul Feig‘s Ghostbusters reboot.
If he signs on for the latter he may join Emma Stone and Jennifer Lawrence, who are also among Feig’s wishlist for the cast. More details on the possible Ryan Gosling Sinister Six and Ghostbusters casting after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 11th, 2014 by Angie Han
From the moment it was announced that Paul Feig would be directing an all-female Ghostbusters rebootquel, fans have been gossiping and speculating about which actresses might star. At the moment, no stars have actually been announced — but now a potential star has gone and outed herself.
Rebel Wilson, who had a supporting role in Feig’s Bridesmaids, revealed she’s already met about a role in the upcoming movie. However, she also stressed that no decisions have been made as of yet. Hit the jump for more Rebel Wilson Ghostbusters 3 chatter.
Update December 11: Jennifer Lawrence says she has also met with Feig. Check out a video below.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, November 21st, 2014 by Angie Han
We’ve got some sequel-related odds and ends to take you into the weekend. After the jump:
- Jennifer Aniston makes a Horrible Bosses 3 casting suggestion
- Scooby-Doo and WrestleMania will team up once more
- Den DeBlois gives a How to Train Your Dragon 3 status update
- Producer wants Jonathan Levine to write Warm Bodies 2
- That “leaked” Ghostbusters 3 script from 2009 is a fake
- Now You See Me 2 makes room for Sanaa Lathan
- Andy Serkis says the Apes franchise might go beyond a trilogy
- Flip through some Night at the Museum 3 character posters
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, October 21st, 2014 by Angie Han
So many sequels, so little time. So let’s get to it. After the jump:
- Channing Tatum isn’t so sure about 23 Jump Street
- Magic Mike XXL could be in 3D (but probably won’t be)
- Adam McKay is still planning to make Step Brothers 2
- Producer Malek Akkad has a Halloween 3 update
- Rumor has it Frank Grillo will lead Skyline 2
- Jason Reitman offers a suggestion for Ghostbusters 3
- See the Lorde-curated soundtrack list for Mockingjay
- Billy Boyd will sing the final Hobbit credit song
- Check out the new banner for Horrible Bosses 2
Read More »
The second rumors began circulating of an all-female Ghostbusters, the first person people though of was Melissa McCarthy. The Bridesmaids star is the most popular female comedic actress out there right now and her inclusion seemed like a forgone conclusion. That got even more likely when her frequent collaborator, Paul Feig, signed on to direct.
However, while McCarthy will probably, eventually, end up in the new Ghostbusters film, she said on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, she not yet been cast. Watch McCarthy talk about the film, along with Lena Dunham and Ellen DeGeneres, below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, October 15th, 2014 by Angie Han
For a while now, the one constant about the third Ghostbusters has been Bill Murray‘s complete lack of interest. But now, as Paul Feig cues up his all-female reboot, it seems Murray is ever so slightly opening himself up to the possibility again. Hit the jump to see what he said, plus candid explanations of why he wasn’t involved with other incarnations of the project.
Read More »