Screenwriter Max Landis (Chronicle, American Ultra) took to Twitter to give his thoughts on Paul Feig‘s new Ghostbusters reboot and to tell the story of how he once pitched a Ghostbusters movie to Sony. Hit the jump to read the story and find out how you can see the pitch for yourself.
Read More »
You’re in luck, this is a jam-packed edition of sequel bits. Below, read about the following.
- Paul Feig confirms that his Ghostbusters will have up to date tech.
- Kevin Smith compares Clerks 3 to Shakespeare’s King Lear.
- Simon Pegg said Star Trek Beyond shoots later this month and the first script was just finished.
- Independence Day 2 adds a star from The Dark Knight.
- Producer Mark Wahlberg said if the fans come out for Entourage, they’ll do one more.
- Jackie Chan tells TMZ Rush Hour 4 is coming.
- See 6 character posters from Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation.
- Harry Potter screenwriter Steve Kloves was available to help J.K. Rowling on Fantastic Beasts.
- Justin Lin talks the story of Star Trek Beyond.
Read More »
A reboot version of Ghostbusters is coming in July of 2016 with Bridesmaids director Paul Feig at the helm and actresses Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones in the lead roles. We’ve heard some chatter about the film before from Feig, with comments on the backlash, as well as on the proposed spin-off movies that might be in the works for a shared universe. Feig also previously mentioned that The Walking Dead was influencing his new approach to Ghostbusters.
But now the director has opened up about what finally drew him to the franchise after he resisted getting involved with a previous attempt at a Ghostbusters sequel. Find out why Paul Feig turned down Ghostbusters 3 below. Read More »
Max Landis isn’t writing Ghostbusters 3. Ghostbusters 3 doesn’t even exist, really. Sony is, in fact, moving head with a rebooted Ghostbusters directed by Paul Feig and are trying to do a second film in that universe, starring Channing Tatum. And while the minds behind the original franchise (Dan Aykroyd and Ivan Reitman) have their hands on these films, each will pretend 1984’s Ghostbusters and 1989’s Ghostbusters 2 never happened.
To some fans, not seeing a satisfying return of those characters trumps any good feelings about the franchise returning. Max Landis speaks to those people. The screenwriter and director took the fake news of him writing a sequel seriously, so he actually did. He never pitched it or showed it to anyone, but instead just used it as an exercise in creating a sequel, building mythology and more.
After all that, Landis has now put his Ghostbusters 3 treatment online for anyone to read. Find out more below. Read More »
For 25 years, Ghostbusters co-creator and star Dan Aykroyd was trying to get a third movie made. Scripts were written and rewritten, creating legions of stories about the franchise future, but nothing ever came of it. Then Paul Feig came on board with a new idea: reboot the franchise with four women. Quickly, a third Ghostbusters film came into focus. It now has a cast and a 2016 release date.
Aykroyd is all for this new incarnation. He’s excited about it, he loves the cast and Feig’s script. But he’s not convinced his original idea is still dead. In a new interview on Sirius XM, the writer/actor praised the new film but said if it’s successful, some of his original ideas for a traditional sequel could still happen. Read the latest Dan Aykroyd Ghostbusters quotes below. Read More »
The movie world shook on Tuesday when Sony Pictures and Paul Feig officially announced the cast for the new Ghostbusters movie. Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon are the new team we’ll meet on July 22, 2016.
One person who isn’t strapping on a proton-pack is Dan Aykroyd, the franchise’s mouthpiece for the better part of three decades and co-creator. However, the actor/producer/writer did have a comment on his modern day counterparts. Read the Dan Aykroyd reaction below. Read More »
There are some big updates on some really big sequel in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Paul Feig says his Ghostbusters reboot will take place in New York and include winks to the original.
- Don’t fret, Ian Ziering and Tara Reid are returning for Sharknado 3.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 starts filming in April.
- There’s still no script for latest Friday the 13th sequel.
- See a new poster for Hot Tub Time Machine 2.
- Eddie Murphy sounds less than optimistic about Beverly Hills Cop 4.
- See an image of Roland Emmerich location scouting for Independence Day 2.
- New images of the evil D-Rex from Jurassic World have hit the web.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, December 15th, 2014 by Angie Han
Ryan Gosling has kept a pretty low profile lately, but that could change soon as he is being considered for two major projects. Sony reportedly wants him for Sinister Six, while Gosling himself is interested in Paul Feig‘s Ghostbusters reboot.
If he signs on for the latter he may join Emma Stone and Jennifer Lawrence, who are also among Feig’s wishlist for the cast. More details on the possible Ryan Gosling Sinister Six and Ghostbusters casting after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, December 11th, 2014 by Angie Han
From the moment it was announced that Paul Feig would be directing an all-female Ghostbusters rebootquel, fans have been gossiping and speculating about which actresses might star. At the moment, no stars have actually been announced — but now a potential star has gone and outed herself.
Rebel Wilson, who had a supporting role in Feig’s Bridesmaids, revealed she’s already met about a role in the upcoming movie. However, she also stressed that no decisions have been made as of yet. Hit the jump for more Rebel Wilson Ghostbusters 3 chatter.
Update December 11: Jennifer Lawrence says she has also met with Feig. Check out a video below.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, November 21st, 2014 by Angie Han
We’ve got some sequel-related odds and ends to take you into the weekend. After the jump:
- Jennifer Aniston makes a Horrible Bosses 3 casting suggestion
- Scooby-Doo and WrestleMania will team up once more
- Den DeBlois gives a How to Train Your Dragon 3 status update
- Producer wants Jonathan Levine to write Warm Bodies 2
- That “leaked” Ghostbusters 3 script from 2009 is a fake
- Now You See Me 2 makes room for Sanaa Lathan
- Andy Serkis says the Apes franchise might go beyond a trilogy
- Flip through some Night at the Museum 3 character posters
Read More »