We haven’t really featured many of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos on the site because we try to cover entertainment news and rumors but not celebrity. And I’m sure you’ve seen enough of these ice bucket challenge videos in your social timeline already. The Ice Bucket Challenge has raised nearly $80 million for ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord) which is amazing. I personally have not done the challenge but have instead donated to the ALS association, and I highly recommend you do the same (and if you have time, learn a bit about the disease). Recently the Star Wars galaxy has been called upon to take the Ice Bucket challenge, which has seen responses from Harrison Ford, Mark Hammil, Peter Mayhew, new Star Wars Episode VII castmembers Oscar Isaac, Daisy Ridley, Star Wars Episode 7director JJ Abrams, as well as future Star Wars series filmmaker Gareth Edwards, and more. Other members of the crew have yet to respond to the challenge. Watch all of the Star Wars ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Today in Star Wars Bits, we take a look at:
- Lucasfilm Story Group’s Pablo Hidalgo clarifies his Comic Con “no flashbacks” comment.
- Were all the recent Episode 7 rumors fake and actually passed off from the Dark Horse comic book series Star Wars: Legacy?
- Star Wars spin-off director Gareth Edwards accepts the Ice Bucket Challenge in the LucasFilm Yoda fountain.
- Harrison Ford more active after leg injury
- Read the rumored plot synopsis for Christie Golden‘s upcoming Star Wars novel featuring Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos
- The special features included in the Star Wars Rebels: Spark Of Rebellion DVD/Blu-ray
- The trailer and release of the Star Wars: Commander iOS game.
- Also: The above three posters were fan created, by AndrewSS7.
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
That Gareth Edwards is a busy man. After completing this year’s hit Godzilla, he moved immediately to a 2016-dated Star Wars spinoff film. From there, he’ll now have to move directly to Godzilla 2. Warner Bros. and Legendary have set June 8, 2018 as the Godzilla 2 release date. Read More »
A couple years back, Legendary Pictures surprised San Diego Comic Con International with an FX test for Godzilla created by director Gareth Edwards. The footage was the talk of Comic Con that year, and in 2014 Legendary has once again surprised Hall H with a reveal of the potential Godzilla 2 monsters.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, July 15th, 2014 by Angie Han
Get to know The Expendables 3‘s new recruits and new mission in two new TV spots. Also after the jump:
- Roberto Orci isn’t 100% set for Star Trek 3 just yet
- Zachary Quinto drops some Star Trek 3 plot hints
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes writers talk sequels
- Katherine Heigl wants a 27 Dresses sequel
- Douglas Smith joins the new Terminator movie
- The next Hobbit gets a new official synopsis
- Will we get big Godzilla 2 news at Comic-Con?
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 is flying to China
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Everything from actual on-set news and casting, to television and merchandise is in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Harrison Ford is injured on the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Lawrence Kasdan is again rumored to write Boba Fett spinoff.
- Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars gets a premiere date.
- Gareth Edwards talks his Star Wars spin-off, which will be shot in the UK.
- See a new image of the Hot Wheels Darth Vader Comic-Con exclusive.
- John Boyega‘s father may have a role in Episode VII.
- The Abu Dhabi Episode VII sets are likely to be preserved.
- Lego Star Wars Lightsaber Set gets 10,000 supporters.
- Buy a replica of Han Solo‘s Bespin Outfit.
- Four new Star Wars art pieces will be out Friday from Acme Archives.
Read More »
An unexpected photo from inside Pinewood Studios emerged late Tuesday. That’s where J.J. Abrams is filming Star Wars Episode VII and the United Kingdom’s Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, paid a visit to announce the next spin-off film will be shooting there. Granted, we knew this because Lucasfilm/Disney had locked up Pinewood for multiple years, but no matter.
The coolest bit is, while on set, Osborne was allowed to tweet a photo featuring himself, Abrams, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, R2-D2, and a strategically placed Falcon in the background. Check it out below. Read More »
When it was announced that Godzilla and Monsters director Gareth Edwards would be directing a Star Wars spin-off written by Gary Whitta due out December 16, 2016, the press release cleverly didn’t say what the subject of this film is. Recently, however, it was suggested one of the first three films would be about infamous bounty hunter Boba Fett.
It got me wondering: LucasFilm has a ton of concept art for a Boba Fett prequel story already created sitting in their vaults. Even if they start from scratch on a story, the concept art from their abandoned Star Wars 1313 video game project could easily be inspire scenes in the rumored big screen movie. What could a Boba Fett movie look like? Lets take a look at Star Wars 1313 concept art.
Read More »
If the first six Star Wars movies weren’t all about Darth Vader, today’s Photo of the Day might be a big reveal. Instead, director Gareth Edwards and writer Gary Whitta simply to Twitter today to reveal they’re meeting about their mystery Star Wars spin-off, scheduled for release December 2016, and have a new boss: Lord Vader. Check out the great photo below. Read More »