Paramount desperately wants to make a third G.I. Joe film. Last we checked, they’d hired D.J. Caruso to direct and screenwriter Jonathan Lemkin was working on the script. However, now news has broken that another screenwriter has been hired, suggesting Lemkin’s work wasn’t what they wanted. They’ve hired Aaron Berg, the writer of the hot spy film Section 6, to work his magic. Read more about the new GI Joe 3 writer below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The third G.I. Joe movie is moving forward, and Paramount and producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura are in the process of hiring yet another new director for the movie. This time DJ Caruso (Disturbia, Eagle Eye) is in talks to be the GI Joe 3 director, and if things go well he’ll direct a returning Dwayne Johnson and possibly a new crew of recruits. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 26th, 2014 by Angie Han
If I asked you to name the most iconic movie franchise of all time, would you say Transformers? Mark Wahlberg would — and he’s pretty sure the new one will be the biggest film of 2014. Also after the jump:
- Transformers 4 will use the Dolby Atmos sound system
- Ninja Turtles, Minions, and more are getting special 3D glasses
- Dwayne Johnson says Jon M. Chu won’t be back for G.I. Joe 3
- Lego Movie co-financer will not be asked back for the sequel
- Get updates on the Dark Crystal and Fraggle Rock movies
- Leland Orser, of Taken and Taken 2, will return for Taken 3
- Neal McDonough will be the bad guy in Paul Blart 2
- Jurassic World is looking for extras in Louisiana
Posted on Friday, March 21st, 2014 by Germain Lussier
Thursday’s April Fools-esque revelation Jon M. Chu would direct a Jem and the Holograms movie with producer Jason Blum is 100% true. Teamed with Justin Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun, the trio took to YouTube to announce the project and ask the public for crowdsourced ideas. It was a big deal for lots of fans of the “totally outrageous” Eighties cartoon.
Later that night, the director took to Twitter to chat about the film. One of the revelations was that Chu will make Jem before G.I. Joe 3 because that Joe script is “taking a little longer” than expected. Read the quotes below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 3rd, 2014 by Angie Han
Here’s one way 2014 won’t be much different from 2013: The flood of sequels, reboots, and remakes isn’t slowing down anytime soon. After the jump:
- Short Term 12 star Keith Stanfield will be part of The Purge 2
- That Starship Troopers remake will be closer to the source material
- Jon M. Chu talks G.I. Joe 3 and dropping Masters of the Universe
- What do the new Ninja Turtles action figures tell us about the movie?
- The guys are back together for a new Horrible Bosses 2 image
Sequel Bits: ‘G.I. Joe 3,’ ‘Bill and Ted 3,’ ‘Transformers 4,’ ‘Point Break,’ ‘Dawn of The Planet Of The Apes’
Posted on Thursday, December 26th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Keanu Reeves is the star of this edition of Sequel Bits, talking about the latest in regards to Bill and Ted 3 and dismissing another film he was never involved in in the first place. Below, read about the following:
- Jon M. Chu hopes G.I. Joe 3 will shoot in 2014 and says Channing Tatum‘s return isn’t likely.
- Keanu Reeves says they’re looking for funding for Bill and Ted 3.
- Reeves also said he won’t appear in a Point Break remake.
- Check out three new character shots from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
- Mark Wahlberg gives some details on his character in Transformers: Age of Extinction.
Posted on Wednesday, December 18th, 2013 by Angie Han
Despite Paramount’s objections, the producer for It’s a Wonderful Life: The Rest of the Story is confident his project will go forward. Sorry, haters. Also after the jump:
- Channing Tatum could still return for G.I. Joe 3…
- … and Adrianne Palicki is definitely going to be back
- Kellan Lutz had to get smaller for The Expendables 3
- Paramount and MGM team up for Hot Tub Time Machine 2
- NBC okays a sequel to The Bible (the show, not the book)
- Jack O’Connell and Lena Headey get their own 300 posters
Posted on Thursday, December 5th, 2013 by Angie Han
Everyone’s feeling a little chatty in this quote-heavy edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Evan Daugherty talks G.I. Joe 3 and Snow White and the Huntsman 2
- Julianne Moore‘s The Hunger Games: Mockingjay role has been beefed up
- The Mortal Instruments author teases some City of Ashes spoilers
- Simon Pegg says Star Trek 3 is looking to shoot in the UK, possibly
- Bad Santa 2 will shoot next year, according to Billy Bob Thornton
- Is Steve Aoki working on the Transformers: Age of Extinction soundtrack?
- 2016: Obama’s America filmmaker revisits his predictions in an update
- Keanu Reeves says Bill & Ted 3‘s heavy CG costs are holding it back
- George Miller confirms Mel Gibson won’t appear in Mad Max: Fury Road
Posted on Tuesday, September 10th, 2013 by Russ Fischer
The two G.I. Joe films have been moneymakers for Paramount, and the studio is moving forward with the third installment, for which director Jon M. Chu is returning.
Now Evan Daugherty, who kickstarted his studio career with the sale of Snow White and the Huntsman to Universal, is keeping up his relationship with Paramount by writing the third Joe film. Daugherty has already done a rewrite on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for Paramount and Platinum Dunes. (He also wrote Divergent, for Summit, and the De Niro/Travolta film Killing Season.) We don’t know the story of the third Joe film, and as such we can’t say which actors and characters will return. [THR]